PDA

View Full Version : WTB a car...

quan3165
03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm looking for a complete or complete-ish CMC car to finish up my HPDE in this season and hopefully start driving next season. I would like a 4th gen f-body, but I might be interested in the right 3rd gen or fox body. I talked with Glenn at MSRH a few weekends ago about his Camaro chassis but I don't have the time to build a car. I would be interested in a car that only needs a few things to be track ready at the right price though- or maybe one missing a motor or tranny or valve stem cap or whatever. I live in Houston, but I would be willing to drive to pick up something.

What I am willing to spend depends on the car I guess. I am not interested in anything over $10k.

MikeP99Z
03-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Dave's old car:
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=100205&sid=9185fa9e19a44cc7e0c282ca3663c501

quan3165
03-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the link- I think I saw that ad a few weeks ago before he dropped the price again. I might shoot him an offer but I would rather a 4th gen GM for that money (I have an LT-1 T56 and a few other parts laying around I could use, but nothing for Fords). I would also have another 2 grand for gas in that car by the time I got it home.

Is anyone thinking of getting rid of their car after this season is over? I could finish HPDE in my el Camino I built.

ShadowBolt
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the link- I think I saw that ad a few weeks ago before he dropped the price again. I might shoot him an offer but I would rather a 4th gen GM for that money (I have an LT-1 T56 and a few other parts laying around I could use, but nothing for Fords). I would also have another 2 grand for gas in that car by the time I got it home.

Is anyone thinking of getting rid of their car after this season is over? I could finish HPDE in my el Camino I built.

You can have it hauled for far less than you can go get it. I paid less than a grand to get my car from California to Texas.

Jerry

quan3165
03-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Good point- I'll have to look into that if I end up with something too far out of town.

Just not thrilled about Fords if I can help it. I know my way around the GM stuff pretty well. I imagine I will be breaking and wearing out lots of parts.

GlennCMC70
03-12-2013, 09:34 PM
If you have a drivetrain for a 4th gen, it should be a no-brainer. Pick-up the chassis I have and go to town.

David Love AI27
03-12-2013, 10:21 PM

I have an old 3rd Gen in CMC1 trim that I may be selling... I am being transfered to New Mexico in a few weeks but I'm giving my son first dibs.... Shoot me an email (dlove21261@aol.com) and I keep you updated about my plans...

ShadowBolt
03-13-2013, 10:50 AM
I have an old 3rd Gen in CMC1 trim that I may be selling... I am being transfered to New Mexico in a few weeks but I'm giving my son first dibs.... Shoot me an email (dlove21261@aol.com) and I keep you updated about my plans...

We were told by the guy that won championships in this car before David purchased it that a monkey could drive it. If you don't go with Glenn's fourth Gen, Davids third gen is a very sweet car.

JJ

quan3165
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Glenn- I don't have a drivetrain for an LT1 car, just a tranny. It currently has its guts hanging out on the bottom shelf of my workbench. My oilfield 14 hour-a-day work schedule keeps me from building a car out of a chassis.

David- email sent.

MikeP99Z
03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
If the deal with David doesn't work out (man, Jason is going to be pissed), then here is another car out there:

http://www.racingjunk.com/NASA-Camaro-Mustang-Challenge/2911650/1995-Formula-Firebird.html

Looks like it needs a tranny and some brake stuff. Probably negotiable. Dave Balingit could always throw it in his hauler to go from CO to TX....probably for the cost of a couple kegs.

mitchntx
03-16-2013, 08:41 PM
PM sent ...

quan3165
03-17-2013, 01:06 PM
I have had my eye on that firebird- I'll probably shoot him an offer this week, but I don't know if we will come together.

Thanks all the help & replies. If something doesn't work out from what you all have suggested something may be wrong with me. I'll update when I end up with something- hopefully I'll be in something and driving it for DE at TWS (are any CMC/AI drivers here HPDE instructors?)

tq

David Love AI27
03-25-2013, 06:18 AM
Glenn- I don't have a drivetrain for an LT1 car, just a tranny. It currently has its guts hanging out on the bottom shelf of my workbench. My oilfield 14 hour-a-day work schedule keeps me from building a car out of a chassis.

David- email sent.

Jason wants to try to and get the car ready for 2014