PDA

View Full Version : No Nationals for me.

GlennCMC70
08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
got some issues w/ my finances that came up yesterday thats causing me to rethink my trip to Nationals. i'm not 100% sure i'm out, but it looks like thats the case. i'll know more as i work thru this, but its not looking good. i really want to go and feel i would do well. oh well, i'm just glad i had a good regional season.
this is just a heads up for those who were planning their trip w/ me.

Rob Liebbe
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
That's no good. I for one feel like you wil do very well up there.

AllZWay
08-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Glenn... I know you would do well.

But the bad thing is....$3-4 per gallon gas would definitely make me not go. :shock:

gt40
08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Taking the fastest route (interstates,) and assuming an average economy of 18MPG, at $3 per gallon, you're looking at $170 each way.

(Paris, TX to Mid Ohio is 1016.49 miles, according to my mapping software).

macstang
08-09-2006, 02:37 PM
So who will be the organizer now?

Sorry to hear that Glenn, I hope things change to allow you to go.

AI#97
08-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Taking the fastest route (interstates,) and assuming an average economy of 18MPG, at $3 per gallon, you're looking at $170 each way.

Show me a tow rig that gets 18mpg with a 24' enclosed trailer on it!!!! For glenn running a gas truck would be 8mpg at best. Hell, my Dodge only sees about 12mpg while towing but I think the tires have a lot to do with that!

gt40
08-09-2006, 03:10 PM

Show me a tow rig that gets 18mpg with a 24' enclosed trailer on it!!!! For glenn running a gas truck would be 8mpg at best. Hell, my Dodge only sees about 12mpg while towing but I think the tires have a lot to do with that!
*I* get 18 towing the mustang with that POS F100. :D

Send me your address and I'll give you the milage from your house to Mid Ohio.

AllZWay
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Heck... I didn't mean to start a debate. :D I am not eligible or have a completed car yet anyway.

But I would get about 10mpg pulling that far at best. Not pulling anything it rarely gets over 14mpg.

GlennCMC70
08-09-2006, 03:41 PM
i'm not 100% out, but its going to be tough. my math put me @ 1150 miles out and about $700 in gas round trip. it was $70 each way to TWS this past weekend. not sure how many miles that is. 3hrs driving. its gonna be 18 hrs to mid ohio, 70 x 6 = is $420. that $840 in gas.

then there is the weeks stay. i planned on camping @ the track.
i have to eat.

i need some time to take care of things. i really want to go. i just not sure i can.

donovan
08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
*I* get 18 towing the mustang with that POS F100. :D

I think your odometer is broken... :shock:

You have a big block in there right? 18 while towing is just insane!

DD

GlennCMC70
08-09-2006, 04:55 PM
i will still do what i said i would do and help organize. no reason to not do what i can.

me and the wife have talked. we are working on the situation. i'm not out, just down.

David Love AI27
08-09-2006, 07:27 PM
i will still do what i said i would do and help organize. no reason to not do what i can.

me and the wife have talked. we are working on the situation. i'm not out, just down.

I may have another option... I'm working on a hitch for my car trailer to pull the popup in tandum... I checked the overall length and I'm ok... what if came up through D/FW put your car on my trailer and we split the fuel cost??? I will be cornerworking and may hitch a ride to station and I can leave you my truck in case you need to run errands. 3 double beds in camper, my generator is not a "quite run" so I don't know about A/C. It is just a tent on wheels so it can be hard on a light sleeper...

Todd Covini
08-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Believe me...I've got issues with my finances as well. Still have no idea how I'm going to pay for all the prep and trip of Nationals...but I'm not giving up just yet. As many have said...there will be something magical about the first NASA National event, so do what you can to raise those credit limits, get that time off and make it happen!

I've still got the diesel pusher reserved and thus far don't have anyone but myself making the tow in it up there. If it'll help, the offer remains for any Texas racers who've qualified for Nationals to join me on a first come first serve basis to pull up a bunk and share sleep space the entire week in it if it'll help get another Texas AI/CMC car into the field at M-O. I have no idea how many people she'll sleep but I'm sure we can give it the old college try!

-=- Todd "I get the bedroom" Covini

AI#97
08-09-2006, 10:05 PM
Believe me...I've got issues with my finances as well. Still have no idea how I'm going to pay for all the prep and trip of Nationals...but I'm not giving up just yet. As many have said...there will be something magical about the first NASA National event, so do what you can to raise those credit limits, get that time off and make it happen!

I've still got the diesel pusher reserved and thus far don't have anyone but myself making the tow up there. If it'll help, the offer remains for any Texas racers who've qualified for Nationals to join me on a first come first serve basis to pull up a bunk and share sleep space the entire week in it if it'll help get another Texas AI/CMC car into the field at M-O. I have no idea how many people she'll sleep but I'm sure we can give it the old college try!

-=- Todd "I get the bedroom" Covini

I am working it brother! I am REALLY working it right now to see if I can swing this to my level of comfort.....I guess my point is to be the rabbit and run away from all the BS that happens mid pack right?!! :lol:

GlennCMC70
08-09-2006, 10:39 PM
i'll take you up on anyplace in the A/C Todd. thanks for the offer too David.
part of the issue is what to do w/ my wife and kids while i'm gone. the tow vehicle is the primary means of transportation for our family as i have a company truck to drive while @ work daily. we planned on flying them to her moms for 2 weeks. that alone was close to a grand. well her mom seems to have stepped up and offered to pay half the air fair. that helps. i've had another offer from a sponsor to pay half my fuel costs. i may have to take him up on that. but that will cost me a hood re-paint as he wants the whole hood.
things are looking better this evening. and my wife wants me to go. i'm w/ you Todd, what the hell, go @ all costs, almost.

we have yet to resolve the money issue that popped up tuesday. but that is getting looked @ and we may have a solution that will buy us a few months.

guys, i want to go for the same reasons i go to every TX region event, to have fun racing w/ people who love what i love. i want to meet w/ those Cali punks and have them say, "those TX guys are all right, and they kicked my ass!".

if anyone wants to ride up w/ me and help drive, that would be another way to help me. i think we can do it in one shot w/ 2 drivers.