PDA

View Full Version : Marching Orders

David Love AI27
03-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I started a new job about 8 months ago.. in the interview, I explained that I had a passion for racing and I would need many weekends off to work The Driver's Edge events and run in the NASATX events... I also added that I am a founding member of my church and was a very active elder... I was told "No problem"...

As time has progressed, my work days have gone from 8-10 hour days to 12-20 hour days including most Saturdays with no time off for TDE or NASA events (I was lucky to get enough time for a few hours on sunday at ECR)...

SO... I get my work schedule on Thursdays or Fridays for the following week... A week ago on Thursday (3/14), I was given my schedule for last week which included the quote for Tuesday March 19th: "Pack up all your bags your going to NM!".... With 4 days notice I have been transfered to New Mexico with no raise, cost of living increase or any type of compensation.... PLUS I had to work yesterday, Sunday...

Guess I will be trading in my driving suit for a ski jacket...

ShadowBolt
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
You will be very close to Taos, Telluride, and Durango. ABQ has some really BAD traffic. David, it sounds like they need you. You should get compensated for the move and the hours worked. You can't do the 12-20 hour days for long before you burn out. Good luck!

Telluride ski Resort closes a week from Easter.

JJ

Fbody383
03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Live frugally. Find the next gig... back in Texas and change when the time is right.

Enjoy the challenge.

MikeP99Z
03-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Wow. That's jacked up....

Impressive to move that quick.

Good luck out there, hopefully it all works out for you.

AllZWay
03-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Dave... Good luck with the job and the move. Just look on the bright side...you are making money. :D

David Love AI27
03-31-2013, 10:08 PM
Dave... Good luck with the job and the move. Just look on the bright side...you are making money. :D

Sheri and I did the numbers this weekend... with the loss of her income ($1,200/month) and the cost of buying an RV to live in ($350/month), monthly rent for an RV site (385/month) and utilites (Est 250/month) of the site... that is $2,185... My take home is $2,400... So I am working 50+ hours per week just to eat soup every day...

It cost me $500 in fuel to drive home for Easter Sunday service and to get a few minutes with my family this weekend...