PDA

View Full Version : AI CMC T-Shirts ****NEED INPUT****

j3ffbrooks
08-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Jessica Moser of NASA Texas is working on putting together a T-Shirt for the group. She has sent me this initial design to see what we think. She is open to any ideas we may have as it is OUR t-shirt.

Attached is her design.

My suggestion to her was to have the AI CMC logo on the front and a graphic on the back. I, personally, am against the design she has. It is also our option to have the shirt representative of the 2006 Season or just a generic group design.

Please post your comments and opinions.

Brooks

j3ffbrooks
08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
decided to whip something up

donovan
08-10-2006, 06:46 PM
The Black shirt on top looks.... kind of 80's ish... Not real excited about it, but I really like the second shirt.

DD

y5e06
08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
The black shirt is definitely a no go.
bottom shirt is ok, however I personally am not a big fan of
AICMCTEXAS.com
across the front. It is already on the back. Makes it seem as that is the theme of the whole shirt instead of Texas AI & CMC (no .com).

marshall_mosty
08-10-2006, 08:16 PM
I don't like the black shirt at all. JMHO

Jeff's idea is good, but I liked having something on the sleeve (maybe the aicmctexas.com). Keep the other things for the left breast area (in smaller font) and have something on the back like last year. I though having all the points accumulating drivers names on the shirts. It gives me a way to show my kiddos down the road... look at the crazy SH!T your dad did (and hopefully is still doing)

The only input I have on Jeff's idea is it looks too much like a sponsor section on a racecar. Too busy with logo stuff and no information. Not a bash, just constructive criticism.

macstang
08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I agree, put the aicmctexas.com on the sleeve.

I really want all the names on there too.

I have graffiti shirts from every deployment I have done, where everyone involved signed the shirt. I would like to do that with AICMC texas for this year at the last event.

cmarvel
08-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Just make sure we can get 3XL Tall sizes!

Boudy
08-10-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't care for the black shirt. The other is better but I agree it's busy and I really like the graffiti/names idea.

Another option: There are shirt artist out there that would do an awesome full color design for $400 to $500. Not much considering there are about 50 of us to pitch in.

Boudy

David Love AI27
08-10-2006, 10:12 PM
No to the 1st example... how about the NASA logo on front (where pocket would be) and the American Iron and Camaro-Mustang Challenge logos on back with 2006 drivers like last year... Leave the .com thing for bumperstickers

David Love AI27
08-10-2006, 10:16 PM
just want to add... thanks to Jessica for her input and hard work...

macstang
08-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Gotta have names on it. Micah is famous from last year, I wanna be this year.

Besides, I want my name on anything with Matt White. :P

donovan
08-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Matt Who?

marshall_mosty
08-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Matt White... you know... Rookie of the Year, Series Champion, and overall pretty decent guy...... 8)

Well, "Series Champion" will at least have to wait until MSR-H. :D

The MW, CM, and DD show are going to be great at MSR-H. I'll watch from the back. :wink: Who knows, maybe 2825 isn't too bad and I can get to the front???

oz98cobra
08-11-2006, 09:41 AM
The black shirt does nothing for me either - not to mention that black t-shirts are hard to wear outdoors during the day for much of the year in Texas.

I really liked the shirt that was done last year with the names, but I also think it would be nice to vary the design each year.

It's all about AI and CMC, so I think that should be the logo on the front. On the back, AI CMC needs to feature prominently, as does the word TEXAS plus whatever else we deem appropriate from this season such as driver names. Perhaps an artist could do something creative with our car numbers as a background for the backside, with names over that? (Of course #44 would have to be on upside down? ;) ) I also agree that the shirt is a momento for the 06 series, and not a billboard for our website - I'd put the NASA logo on the sleeves.

Mike Bell
08-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Jeff,

Thanks to those working on the shirts - the effort is appreciated. I don't wear black shirts so I'd like a white version to be available. Also, I'd like to mention that I do enjoy the blue shirt version from 2005, perhaps that could be an option to consider?

AI#97
08-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Matt White... you know... Rookie of the Year, Series Champion, and overall pretty decent guy...... 8)

Well, "Series Champion" will at least have to wait until MSR-H. :D

The MW, CM, and DD show are going to be great at MSR-H. I'll watch from the back. :wink: Who knows, maybe 2825 isn't too bad and I can get to the front???

The cart goes BEHIND the horse marshall...but atleast you got the order right for MSR-H!! :wink: That being said, CM can be the cart, I will attempt to be the horse! Just not the Horse's ass.... :lol:

I like the 3rd version with names and such...save the .com for something else...we don't want too much attention on us here. I also like the idea of the blue shirts....don't show dirt as much!

chicane23
08-11-2006, 10:51 AM
What about this?

gt40
08-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I prefer AICMC_white2, but with one change - I'd like to see the CMC, AI, AIX, and AIV (if we have any,) championship cars cars on the shirt, too. (graphics of them, not photos.)

AI#97
08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
I prefer AICMC_white2, but with one change - I'd like to see the CMC, AI, AIX, and AIV (if we have any,) championship cars cars on the shirt, too. (graphics of them, not photos.)

That is cool...but it would require some prep and paint for the Frankenstang! :wink:

gt40
08-11-2006, 12:43 PM

That is cool...but it would require some prep and paint for the Frankenstang! :wink:Nah -- a good graphic artist can make anythng look good!

donovan
08-11-2006, 12:49 PM
You have not seen his racecar lately... and it will not be the one on the shirt anyway, so its a non issue...

David Love AI27
08-11-2006, 01:15 PM
What about this?

best so far... I would drop the course logos tho... unless they pitch in for cost

Mike Bell
08-11-2006, 01:21 PM

That is cool...but it would require some prep and paint for the Frankenstang! :wink:Nah -- a good graphic artist can make anythng look good!

Respectfully, I'm not buying a shirt with pictures of someone else's car. :lol:

j3ffbrooks
08-11-2006, 01:34 PM
There won't be any personal cars on the shirts.

I'm respost on this other design because people might not see it because its on the first page of the thread.

Problem with JG design (besides the obvious) is that the track logos are going to be a pain to get permission and hi-res versions. Also, if you look at the shirt you are wearing right now, picture the NASA logo from one arm pit to the other.....little big. You want it centered between titties.

Brooks

AI#97
08-11-2006, 01:36 PM
You have not seen his racecar lately... and it will not be the one on the shirt anyway, so its a non issue...

Wake up david....you're dreaming again! :wink:

AI#97
08-11-2006, 01:40 PM

I'm respost on this other design because people might not see it because its on the first page of the thread.

Problem with JG design (besides the obvious) is that the track logos are going to be a pain to get permission and hi-res versions. Also, if you look at the shirt you are wearing right now, picture the NASA logo from one arm pit to the other.....little big. You want it centered between titties.

Brooks

sold....I like this one.

michaelmosty
08-11-2006, 02:01 PM
What about this?

best so far... I would drop the course logos tho... unless they pitch in for cost
Agreed, TWS needs to pitch in $15 / shirt. :wink:

David Love AI27
08-11-2006, 02:35 PM

Brooks

I like this one... Having trouble reading the names... did I read "Barbi"?

jeffburch
08-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I like.
Figger the NASA logo on the front could be a tad bigger tho.
Good Job.

jb

AllZWay
08-11-2006, 02:58 PM

Brooks

I certainly have no say in this....but I do like this design.

marshall_mosty
08-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I like.
Figger the NASA logo on the front could be a tad bigger tho.
Good Job.

jb

I agree with Jeff WRT the logo size. Otherwise, it looks great!

chicane23
08-11-2006, 09:39 PM
Problem with JG design (besides the obvious)

Brooks

What is the obvious reason????

jeffburch
08-11-2006, 09:59 PM
:lol:

jb

mitchntx
08-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Here is yet another attempt

I didn't have Hi-Res versions of the logos and I certainly don't have all the names and they all might be mispelled.

But it's just a quickly thrown together graphic ...

oz98cobra
08-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Problem with JG design (besides the obvious)

Brooks

To me the obvious reason is because we are making a shirt for US, not walking billboards for the tracks we race on.

oz98cobra
08-13-2006, 11:53 PM
I like this one Jeff, only it needs the word Texas on the back somewhere? Personally, to achieve this, I would put a large AI & CMC logo on the front, and move the NASA Texas logo to the back as well as the AI & CMC logo - this way it represents the series and region with which the names are associated.

I also like Mitch's idea, but I think an image of the cars would look better as a watermark background under the names?

Quick and dirty modified image attached ...

Brooks

David Love AI27
08-14-2006, 11:50 AM

Brooks

This is a great shirt maybe add NASA TEXAS (words not logo) just above "2006 Season" in same font and size... Design is fine... If someone wants their car on a shirt they can go get one designed for themselves ... start the presses!!!

j3ffbrooks
08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I talked to Jessica this weekend about the design.

The more sides of the shirt that are printed on the more the shirt costs. We agreed that there will be print on 2 sides(front and back).

I like Mitch's idea about the cars in the background but I'm not too sure how that will really turn out when you screen the shirts.

Matt and Mike's names on the shirt.

Guess it wasn't that obvious.

The plan is to get these shirts at the MSR Houston event.

The names on the shirt will be correct and the "2006 Season" will be same font as NASA.

Jeff

marshall_mosty
08-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Pricing? I'm guessing approx $15 like last year?

michaelmosty
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
The only suggestion I have from the most recent design is to remove the NASA TX logo from the back of the shirt since it's already on the front. It might give it a cleaner look on the back.