PDA

View Full Version : So...... Seems this year the lap times are dropping more than normal.

GlennCMC70
04-22-2013, 03:49 PM
MSR-C was a shock (23's.....) and now TWS w/ 55's. I don't recall MSR-H.
I know TWS has never been run this way w/ CMC cars in good weather, so that should account for most of it. But dang guys..... a 1:55.&change! F me.

I can honestly say I never slid a car so much in my life. I used to run there w/ a 3600lb street car on 275's @ 450rwhp/420rwtq and I didn't get close to what I did last weekend. Looking at dropping in a lower rate rear spring for Sept. 'Spect I was one deal off. ;)

I know I wasn't the only one having rear grip issues. James and MM looked that way some as well. Can't wait to see some vids.

AllZWay
04-22-2013, 04:18 PM
After I ran out of tires... wow was it slippery. It was a blast slip sliding around with you and Michael though. We looked like drift cars. :D

After we hit 56's on Saturday... I thought that 55's might be possible on Sunday...but I think for me at least I believe it was just a single lap in the 55's, but I haven't seen all the times. Friggin Mylaps is broken.

Suck fumes
04-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Ya me and James were like 6 thousandths apart haha. I only ran three laps in qual and did two 1:55.8's in a row. Figured that was all those tires had in em so I came in. Fun weekend!

David Love AI27
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Good job guys... two years ago jason and I were at a TWSPDS Event and challenged each other and brought our times down .5 second per lap down to low 1:58s... Granted it was in DE traffic and old tires but we were pretty proud of ourselves... Oh wait I forgot.. It was in CMC1 trim...

Rob Liebbe
04-23-2013, 08:43 AM
By the end of the weekend I felt better about myself and Randy's car. I was able to keep up with the trophy girls for a while and keep them in sight all the way to the end. HUGE thanks to Randy for letting me team up with him.

michaelmosty
04-23-2013, 12:43 PM
I ran about 1 - 1 1/2 seconds faster than I ever have at TWS. I don't think I had ever gotten in the 1:57's prior to the weekend and was high 56's / low 57's the whole time. The cool weather (compared to August was a nice change). I would research previous years times on mylaps but....oh well.
It did seem like everyone was sliding a little more than normal. Not sure if it was the track or just everyone driving 10/10ths. ;^)

Al Fernandez
04-23-2013, 06:49 PM
Man, that was serious fun. The whole damn weekend was awesome, but the racing was just off the hook.