PDA

View Full Version : My Laps - F ME!

GlennCMC70
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Just did the required account upgrade. Wow this site sucks!
Anyone wanna help me out in finding the results from this past weekend?

And yes, I already sent as note to tech suport.

Suck fumes
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
They aren't on my laps yet. I searched all over that site only found cresson.

GlennCMC70
04-22-2013, 09:58 PM
You did better than me. I didn't find a single NASA TX event.

GlennCMC70
04-23-2013, 06:45 AM
MSR-C is here:
http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/874677

If that doesn't work, just search "MSRC - St Patty's Weekend".

marshall_mosty
04-23-2013, 10:40 AM
I put in a complaint as well. That site plain sucks.

AllZWay
04-23-2013, 01:37 PM
I can't even get in... the upgrade crapped out half way through the process and won't send me the new login information.

marshall_mosty
04-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I had to do it a few times before it would open the link from my email.

AllZWay
04-23-2013, 01:53 PM
I just got this from MyLaps.

Update about the MYLAPS website

Dear customer,

The launch of the new website should have been a very positive moment for you, our customers, as well as for all the people at MYLAPS that worked so hard in the last months to make it a success. However, I must admit that we have failed to live up to the high standards that we set for ourselves and that you rightfully set for us. As a result, the result and practice sections of our website have not gotten better but worse to use, and for that I am sorry.

Why did we change the old results website? Simply because the current demands on the website outgrew its capabilities. This resulted in overloaded servers with slow response-time and increasing down-time. Also, the old website did not allow to quickly add functionality that many of you have been asking for.

Therefore as we began working on our website we set ourselves the ambitious goal to make the website easier to use and to make it more suitable and stable for the ever increasing (mobile) traffic that we are experiencing year on year. From user feedback we learned that product and support information needed to be easier to find, with a clear and open navigation structure. Also, as we realized that most people use our website to check their results, we want to make it easier to find your results in an ever growing set of race and practice results. Moreover, as we get more requests for live result feeds and mobile apps, we have redone the entire data warehousing to dramatically increase the uptime and stability of the website.

To help you find your data faster it is crucial that we know who you are, so we can direct you to the right content immediately. Moreover, if we know who you are we can, for instance, help you remember to renew your FLEX subscription and in the future send you alerts if new results become available online for yourself or the racers you are following. Therefore we wanted to tie everything into one login. I now see that forcing a login does not make the website easier to use, especially as we are experiencing problems with the automatic migration of accounts from the old data warehouse to the newly built one. Additionally, since not all functionality has been implemented completely, the functionality of the new practice environment is too limited.

To correct the situation we will do the following in the coming days:

We will remove the need to login to see event results and put it back to where you have come to expect it: after the race results and before the individual lap times
We will revert back to the old practice environment where you can also see who is out on a certain track, until we have adequate functionality for the new one
We will keep working behind the scenes to make the migration process smoother. We will never throw out any information, so rest assured that we will tie your old data into your new account. We are doing everything we can to make that happen sooner rather than later.
Even though there are many advantages if you renew your FLEX transponder through your MYLAPS account, we will also make it possible to renew it the old way: through the web shop, until the account creation and migration process works flawlessly
Within a few weeks we hope release the functionality to receive alerts if new lap times or results are available for you

These steps are aimed at relieving the largest parts of the complaints we have received. I appreciate your patience and hope that you will stay with us to see what great things we have in store for you in the near future.

Best regards,

Bas van Rens

CEO - MYLAPS Sports Timing

GlennCMC70
04-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Me too. Still think they should just go back to the old system. I never had a problem.

chris-CMC#35
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
James - you got more than I did. I submitted a trouble ticket via their system, their response was to try again. Yeah.

AllZWay
04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I finally got an email to reset everything after the third attempt today and an email to their tech support. That new site is really crap once I did get in.

marshall_mosty
04-23-2013, 10:18 PM
I got the same response as Glenn and James... Oh well. Hope they realize their customers are not happy.

michaelmosty
04-30-2013, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know how to submit for Toyo Bucks with the new mylaps system?
I need to send in my forms for MSRH but need to find results that show results by class.

Suck fumes
04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
I just printed it out then manually labeled each driver as to which class he was in. I'll know if it worked soon cause I mailed it off a week ago.

GlennCMC70
05-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know how to submit for Toyo Bucks with the new mylaps system?
I need to send in my forms for MSRH but need to find results that show results by class.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=102917

kbrewmr2
05-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Hoosier was happy with the unofficial PDFs, so those outta work for Toyo too. These official ones Glenn liked would be even better :)

Suck fumes
05-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Sweet I didn't know I set a track record in race 2! Can't wait to see how fast the car goes with this new diff that doesn't allow one wheel to spin!

michaelmosty
05-01-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=102917
I printed off the TWS ones, need to do the same for MSRH and Cresson.

nasa-rm
05-01-2013, 12:11 PM
I printed off the TWS ones, need to do the same for MSRH and Cresson.

I am trying to go back and get those two saved to PDF on the official results site ASAP. This is a temporary fix but NASA is moving towards getting this setup permanent so you'll never have to use MyLaps for contingency purposes.

kbrewmr2
05-02-2013, 10:01 AM
good - DOWN WITH MYLAPS!