PDA

View Full Version : ENKEI RPF1 wheels 17x9.5 - special deal

MikeP99Z
06-30-2013, 01:36 PM
$200/wheel brand new. Putting a bulk order in. Let me know today. Either +18 or +38mm offset (5x114.3 Mustang bolt pattern).

Submitting the order later today, call me or text me.

Other Enkeis at discount also if you see something else you like for another car.

Suck fumes
06-30-2013, 02:15 PM
I wish they were 18 pds then I would get a set. Stupid rules! Haha

Suck fumes
06-30-2013, 02:26 PM
I haven't found any wheels under 20 pds that are less than $600/wheel

MikeP99Z
06-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Isn't there some discussion about permanently mounting spacers to these for the weight rule?

marshall_mosty
06-30-2013, 07:45 PM
It's been discussed and I believed approved that if you buy the RPF1's and install a steel spacer that is permanently attached to get to the 18.0lb rule that it would be deemed legal. Jeremy is doing that right now and will drill/tap the wheel and install a screw sub-flush to the spacer. That is then plug welded and grinded flush so the spacer can never be removed. Vilola, 18lb minimum weight wheel.

Glenn, Al,
Can you please weigh in on this, but I believe that is the understanding.

RichardP
06-30-2013, 10:09 PM
I still think it's a bad idea to require people to modify wheels to be legal. It's going to be a bad scene if one of them fails. All because we don't want to use the scales or do a little math? And then they can't be sold to anyone but another CMC racer? Make a note in the log book. Or require the people get special permission with the info written down or something? I just don't get the need to be "permanently modified?"

And if a racer is intent on cheating, the permanent modification makes the whole thing easier. You permanently modify one wheel or one set of wheels with some big heavy spacers and show them off to the directors. Then you go home and modify an identical set of wheels with spacers that are hogged to shit from the back side and they never get inspected because everyone is sure they are above the legal weight.

Anyway, I'd like six wheels in the 18mm offset but I don't have Mike's number to call or text...

Richard P.

Suck fumes
06-30-2013, 10:28 PM
What size spacer? Do I have to make them? I wanted the 18mm offset so I can't use to big of a spacer. Only needs to weigh 1.25pds to make weight with wheel.

It's not dangerous at all if the studs go through the spacer too. Simple solution to keep people from cheating. Take the tire off and weigh it! Just have NASA re balance it after. That's what we used to do at nationals with spec Miata.

Wish I had known this sooner then I would only bought the enkeis instead of the other ones I have now.

MikeP99Z
06-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Got your PM Richard.

edrock96GT
07-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Crap! Didn't see this until today. I assume it's too late?

MikeP99Z
07-01-2013, 08:27 AM
not to late. let me know.

MikeP99Z
07-01-2013, 08:37 AM
I need to know by noon today for this price. It was a June special.

edrock96GT
07-01-2013, 10:02 AM
I need to know by noon today for this price. It was a June special.

PM sent.

Wade
07-01-2013, 10:28 AM
It's been discussed and I believed approved that if you buy the RPF1's and install a steel spacer that is permanently attached to get to the 18.0lb rule that it would be deemed legal. Jeremy is doing that right now and will drill/tap the wheel and install a screw sub-flush to the spacer. That is then plug welded and grinded flush so the spacer can never be removed. Vilola, 18lb minimum weight wheel.

Glenn, Al,
Can you please weigh in on this, but I believe that is the understanding.

Can a moderator split this thread...

I agree with Richard and think that adding the spacers permanently to the wheels should not be allowed. This is effectively driving up the cost of everyone's wheels as you will now have to buy the lightest wheel possible, and then add the mass to the center are near the hub. Where does it end? A wheel that is manufactured to be 18+ lbs is not the same as a 16lb wheel with a spacer attached. The mass is distributed differently. The Enkei is nearly twice the cost of the wheels that Michael, Jerry and I run. I just ordered a complete set of MB Weapons for $484 including tax.

MikeP99Z
07-01-2013, 10:38 AM
PM replied Eddie.

marshall_mosty
07-01-2013, 10:52 AM
The wheels in CMC are open with the exception of weight. If people want to sip the budget "MB Weapon" Kool-aid at $484/set then fine. IF they want a slightly more expensive brew of Enkei's at $800 and add in another $100 for wheel spacers, then that's their choice.

Same for shocks. There is nothing saying you can't run the AutoZone replacements in lieu of fancy AST's...

edrock96GT
07-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I think the easiest solution is just for all of you guys to switch to AI. :D

MikeP99Z
07-01-2013, 10:58 AM
For those getting wheels - please call Brice on his cell phone for payment info. 817.714.6346

Al Fernandez
07-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Its been discussed at length and deemed to be legal that for CMC compliance purposes, a wheel is a wheel as long as it meets the dimension and total weight requirements. Even without modified Enkeis...nothing is keeping you from having custom wheels made to your specifications with a better result than those Enkeis, albeit for even more money.

GlennCMC70
07-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Can a moderator split this thread...

I agree with Richard and think that adding the spacers permanently to the wheels should not be allowed. This is effectively driving up the cost of everyone's wheels as you will now have to buy the lightest wheel possible, and then add the mass to the center are near the hub. Where does it end? A wheel that is manufactured to be 18+ lbs is not the same as a 16lb wheel with a spacer attached. The mass is distributed differently. The Enkei is nearly twice the cost of the wheels that Michael, Jerry and I run. I just ordered a complete set of MB Weapons for $484 including tax.

Even at the most extream example, this will not be a difference between 1st and 2nd. There are so many limitations in CMC suspension and chassis that this would never be a factor.

MikeP99Z
07-01-2013, 09:24 PM
For those that ordered wheels, they are at Alamo now.

Wade
07-02-2013, 07:50 AM
If what you guys are all saying is true, why the weight minimum? Just take it out. Less things to enforce, police, and bicker about. If no one cares about the cost of struts, take that out of the rules too.

ShadowBolt
07-02-2013, 09:53 AM
If what you guys are all saying is true, why the weight minimum? Just take it out. Less things to enforce, police, and bicker about. If no one cares about the cost of struts, take that out of the rules too.

I agree Wade. On some things we have to hold cost down but others spend all you want????????? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it but this does not sound like it goes with the idea behind CMC.

JJ

michaelmosty
07-02-2013, 01:49 PM
If someone wants to spend $1,000 for 1 set of wheels and spacers on a CMC car then let them do it. IMO, there are hundreds of other places to put the extra $500 (assuming you buy a new set of MB wheels for $500) that would be far more beneficial.
Not everyone's opinion will ever be the same.

MikeP99Z
07-02-2013, 02:57 PM
If someone wants to spend $135k on an AI car...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11545

But hey, to each our own.

I'm cheap and have about $1000 in three sets of wheels for my car (stock 17x9 for $200 - 21 pounds, old Enkei 17x9.5 which I found for $300 - 21 pounds, and a set of AFS knock-offs 17x9.5 for $400 that weigh 25 pounds each!) Guess what - I turn the same lap times with any of them on the car.

If I could find a good race wheel like the RPF1 with my bolt pattern and correct offset, I'd be all over them for $200/wheel. I asked Enkei a few years ago to run me a custom batch of the RFP1s with the GM bolt pattern (using the Mustang +38mm offset, just drilling the different hole pattern). I offered to buy 100 wheels (25 sets). I was turned down and told that the Camaro and Corvette in 17" wheels was a dead market for them (from a global business perspective, I can understand). I wish the GM cars had an easier time of finding a lightweight wheel with the correct offset for a decent value.

A set of MBs for $500 or a set of Enkeis for $800 - with various offset choices, man, jealous.

Suck fumes
07-02-2013, 07:10 PM
That's the 302R for grand am only. The 302S is for AI. It's only $85k haha

MikeP99Z
07-02-2013, 07:45 PM
There are a couple 302R cars in AI with the 302S splitter/wing and a different computer.

Trublu
07-02-2013, 08:38 PM
If someone wants to spend $1,000 for 1 set of wheels and spacers on a CMC car then let them do it. IMO, there are hundreds of other places to put the extra $500 (assuming you buy a new set of MB wheels for $500) that would be far more beneficial.
Not everyone's opinion will ever be the same.
I think a $500 investment in an artificially enhanced hood ornament sporting a skimpy bikini would be a far better spend, but perhaps lost on some.

GlennCMC70
07-02-2013, 10:33 PM

Total wheel weight is a big factor. The diffence in where the weight is located is very much so splitting hairs.

edrock96GT
07-03-2013, 08:13 AM
This thread is way off course. All Mike was doing was letting us know about a deal on some wheels. You guys are acting like Dave B. came in here and told you that this is going to be the spec wheel for CMC in 2014...along with sequential numbers. :p

BlueFirePony
07-03-2013, 10:31 AM
This thread is way off course. All Mike was doing was letting us know about a deal on some wheels. You guys are acting like Dave B. came in here and told you that this is going to be the spec wheel for CMC in 2014...along with sequential numbers. :p
This group, by any other name, is still Group D(rama).

RichardP
07-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Since I cracked the spokes on my Konig Villains at Hallett, I picked up 6 Enkei wheels on this deal. They are at Alamo and at some point they need to make their way to Friendswood. If anyone is doing the Dallas/Houston run and has some extra space, it would be really cool if we could work out some transport.

Thanks,
Richard P.

BryanL
07-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Since I cracked the spokes on my Konig Villains at Hallett, I picked up 6 Enkei wheels on this deal. They are at Alamo and at some point they need to make their way to Friendswood. If anyone is doing the Dallas/Houston run and has some extra space, it would be really cool if we could work out some transport.

Thanks,
Richard P.
I might be down there again soon as maybe next week but up in spring. See if mike will be over at Alamo sometime and could bring them back through plano. I would certainly have the room.

RichardP
08-09-2013, 03:27 PM

Thanks,
Richard P.

Just a reminder that these are still trapped in the Dallas area and need to make it to Houston. I'm not in a hurry but I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity for transport just because it fell off the radar.

Thanks,
Richard P.

Rob Liebbe
08-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Sorry, it fell off the radar last weekend, I was up there and could have gotten them. I will likely be going back up in the next 2 or 3 weeks. I'll try to remember.

MikeP99Z
08-28-2013, 06:52 PM
If they don't make it to you some other way, I can bring them to TWS in Sept.

David Love AI27
09-05-2013, 12:59 PM

Thanks,
Richard P.

I'm planning a trip back to Magnolia this afternoon... was going to drive straight through putting my in D/FW area around midnight... Lemme see if Sheri is up to a change of plans and spending the night somewhere and getting them in the morning... call or text to 281-414-1738