PDA

View Full Version : Excellent customer service - Dederichs Motorsports and 21st Century Musclecar

Dulaney
07-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I've been inundated with poor customer service lately, but I thought I'd take a moment and share 2 great experiences. Neither of these are paid/sponsored testimonials. Just praising people who seem to care for others.

Joe Dederichs - Dederichs Motorsports (Tremec sales and service)
http://dederichsmotorsports.com/
I bought a T56 Magnum from Joe. Patterson had recommended that I talk with him, and at first I was going to just rebuild and upgrade my old tranny (which he was happy to do), but he told me of all the changes in this newer transmission and I was sold. After a shipping mistake where the transmission was delivered to him instead of me, he dropped it off at my house! He answered all of my calls when I thought there was a fitment issue (turned out to be wrong type of pilot bearing installed in my engine). I must've sent Joe about 50 emails/texts through this process, and he politely answered every one. Phone calls on Sunday, and he answered! Outstanding, and friendly guy. Plus, he's talking of coming to race with us!
If you have a Tremec in need of a rebuild, please give Joe a call. He works with Tremec on their racing program and knows his stuff.

21st Century Musclecar - http://21stcenturymusclecars.com/
Alamo's dyno was temporarily broken, but I had to get certified before Hallett. I reluctantly went here instead, and I must admit I was hugely skeptical based on their normal clientele (5th gen Camaros, CTS-V's and Vettes), but they're close to my office. I just knew I was going to get bent over. I had a leaky power steering hose, which was busted right at the AN fitting. They let me borrow their tools and I was able to fix the leak on their lift, no charge. Then, when we ran the car on the dyno, it was way underpowered. I asked what they'd charge to do a mini-tune to pull some of the fuel out. The initial figure was high (about as I had expected), but he said he'd work with me if it didn't need much. After a quick reprogram, we redyno'd and the numbers were better. When I went to pay the bill, he charged far less than the best-case quote he'd previously given. When's the last time that happened? (uh, never)

MikeP99Z
07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Nice to hear the good experience. My tranny is going to Joe this summer. John Page (21st Century) runs TT with us a few times a year and is a nice guy. As always, if people need parts/dynos etc., Brice will usually work out a good deal for the NASA people (sorry his dyno was down from a computer issue).

BlueFirePony
07-01-2013, 05:35 PM
That is good to hear. I might be in the market at some point...I'm on my fourth shop for transmissions between the DDs and the race car and just about ready to give up and just do them myself again. Went through a couple shops that just did poor work. The guy that did the racecar years ago did a good job but apparently he is out of business. The shop that did the toploader for Anna's car is about to either be a Hero or a Zero based on whether they stand behind their work.
Long story short, either they did not seat the snap ring on reverse properly or it became unseated...can't shift reverse. Also there is a leak from the countershaft that started once we got the tranny under load. I'm either going to be sitting back drinking brews and eating BBQ July 4th, or enjoying a teardown/rebuild of the tranny.

BlueFirePony
08-20-2013, 08:31 PM
That is good to hear. I might be in the market at some point...I'm on my fourth shop for transmissions between the DDs and the race car and just about ready to give up and just do them myself again. Went through a couple shops that just did poor work. The guy that did the racecar years ago did a good job but apparently he is out of business. The shop that did the toploader for Anna's car is about to either be a Hero or a Zero based on whether they stand behind their work.
Long story short, either they did not seat the snap ring on reverse properly or it became unseated...can't shift reverse. Also there is a leak from the countershaft that started once we got the tranny under load. I'm either going to be sitting back drinking brews and eating BBQ July 4th, or enjoying a teardown/rebuild of the tranny.
FYI, the shop was a Zero.
The shop was apparently sold in the last 6 months so after the new owner hemmed and hawed for 3 weeks I gave up a month ago.
Kyri dropped the 3 speed out of the car, tore it completely apart, rebuilt it and had it back in the car in about 2 hours - never having worked on a toploader before - the car has been rowing like a bandit ever since.
He's my Hero.
Gonna miss having him around. :/
But now I have a really good excuse to be at Mid-O next year ;_)