PDA

View Full Version : Possible changes to season Start & End dates..?

kbrewmr2
07-03-2013, 11:21 AM
One of your boys started this... ;)

http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=104097

Fbody383
07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I could go for Hallett being the Summer Shootout and final race of the year.

Rsmith350
07-03-2013, 12:20 PM
The concept makes sense for our climate

kbrewmr2
07-03-2013, 12:52 PM
not running in the summer is probably going to happen either way, but how the SEASON is going to be treated could change. Currently its events from Jan-Dec that decide things (though there's that summer break in the middle), and it could change to Sept - May or whatever instead.

AI#97
07-03-2013, 01:53 PM
so the off-season where you do tons of work on the car for upgrades for next season is all done during the summer?.....NOPE!

kbrewmr2
07-03-2013, 02:00 PM
That's the way it sort-of is now though, again I betcha the events will all be on the same weekends, it's just if you do all 2013 events as the championship, or do Sept 2013 through Hallet/May 2014 events as the championship.

AllZWay
07-03-2013, 02:09 PM
I could go for Hallett being the Summer Shootout and final race of the year.

Me too... the off season is basically the summer now.

MikeP99Z
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
The off season basically will mean taking a season off, especially if there is a points race in December.

GlennCMC70
07-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Why can't we let the points for the rest of this calendar years events go down for both seasons points sheets?

kbrewmr2
07-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Why can't we let the points for the rest of this calendar years events go down for both seasons points sheets?

that was my suggestion as well *if* this change goes through.

Fbody383
07-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Why can't we let the points for the rest of this calendar years events go down for both seasons points sheets? I'm cool with that... an even could count for two 'season's' points... that's a lot of 'quotes.'

so the off-season where you do tons of work on the car for upgrades for next season is all done during the summer?.....NOPE!'Cause it's hot? Vacation time? Just because? I would prefer that the biggest down time between races be between seasons. Don't really care when that is during the year.

RichardP
07-05-2013, 03:58 PM
I think this could work from a rules standpoint in AI but only if we don't tell Todd. If he still thinks the season starts in January, he's bound to have the rules out in plenty of time for an actual season start in September...

:-)

Richard P.

nasa-rm
07-06-2013, 09:22 AM

*If* we put this in motion, that is the plan. TWS and ECR would be double dipping weekends for points.

I am working on a pro\con list of the change to see if it makes sense.

David Love AI27
07-13-2013, 02:20 PM
I think this could work from a rules standpoint in AI but only if we don't tell Todd. If he still thinks the season starts in January, he's bound to have the rules out in plenty of time for an actual season start in September...

:-)

Richard P.

He sets, he shoots, SWOOOOSH... A three pointer with no time left on the clock....

David Love AI27
07-13-2013, 02:23 PM
I am working on a pro\con list of the change to see if it makes sense.

MAN!?!?... if you have that much time on your hands, you should find a hobby... like fishing or climbing Mt. Everest...

Dulaney
07-16-2013, 10:34 AM
Man, ending the year at Hallett is risky. No doubt, it's the most fun track we run. However, I haven't finished the final race in the last two years, and have never made it through Hallett weekend without problems. The attrition rate for all of us at Hallett this year was insane! I'm not saying don't do it, just whining.

ShadowBolt
07-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Man, ending the year at Hallett is risky. No doubt, it's the most fun track we run. However, I haven't finished the final race in the last two years, and have never made it through Hallett weekend without problems. The attrition rate for all of us at Hallett this year was insane! I'm not saying don't do it, just whining.

This year was the first Hallett weekend that we ran every lap (in five years). Now if it was a little cooler (like running the first weekend in June like we used to) maybe the attrition rate would not be so bad.

JJ

Dulaney
07-16-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't have heat problems, just mechanical ones. Last year, the radiator came loose and popped off the serpentine belt. Broken driveshaft this year (maybe it over heated :) ) Both could be related to a rough track.

ShadowBolt
07-16-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't have heat problems, just mechanical ones. Last year, the radiator came loose and popped off the serpentine belt. Broken driveshaft this year (maybe it over heated :) ) Both could be related to a rough track.

I did not have heat issues either but almost all the GM's in CMC did. I don't Hallett is near as rough as ECR.

JJ

AI#97
07-17-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm cool with that... an even could count for two 'season's' points... that's a lot of 'quotes.'

'Cause it's hot? Vacation time? Just because? I would prefer that the biggest down time between races be between seasons. Don't really care when that is during the year.

Dave, my point was for those of us that completely disassemble our cars in the off season, it would be nicer to do that during the winter months instead of the HOLY MOTHER OF HELL HOT months. With the way things are now, you can go sip on margaritas floating on the river in the summer while the car collects dust in the shop. Not to mention if the summer months are the off season, good luck finding time to work on the car while you are going on vacation or getting the kids ready for school.....or just keeping them occupied.

Anyway, it ain't broke.....so don't break it!

Terlingua 121
07-19-2013, 11:26 AM
I like the idea of the last race being at Hallett! We already take the summer off and it is a longer break than the winter break. If there are rule changes during the shorter break - than make your changes then. It is the same amount of races at the same time! If it is too hot to make changes - then wait. It is what you do now! Hallett is also the last race before Nationals - just seems to be a natural break! Hallett can be like a mini-nats for us, then start the new season after Nationals. Works for me!