PDA

View Full Version : Speednews Aug 2013

GlennCMC70
08-07-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.speednewsmag.com/Aug2013.html

michaelmosty
08-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Where is the section for the TX region? It is awesome that the Central region got mention for every driver that attended but no mention at all about the host region.

nasa-rm
08-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Where is the section for the TX region? It is awesome that the Central region got mention for every driver that attended but no mention at all about the host region.

A driver from Central region wrote the story. Our series directors in TX can submit stories as well, but there havent been many. The regions with lots of coverage have drivers who take the notes and pound out the stories.

BryanL
08-08-2013, 12:46 PM
A driver from Central region wrote the story. Our series directors in TX can submit stories as well, but there havent been many. The regions with lots of coverage have drivers who take the notes and pound out the stories.

Michael has just been nominated as our reporter.

Rsmith350
08-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Michael has just been nominated as our reporter.

All joking aside, this needs to happen, don't y'all think?

GlennCMC70
08-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Anyone can write and submit to them. Its best if the Directors at a minimum are allowed to be included prior to being sent in though. John Lingle has a tallent for writting. I think Francis could as well. I'm sure Micheal would do a fine job too.

marshall_mosty
08-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Guys,
Waaaaay, back I the day (2005-2007) Adam Ginsberg did an excellent job of putting together write-ups. However, he had "help" from driver's feeding him stories. If both directors are at the track, but driving, we only have visibility of our own races, which doesn't make everyone feel included when stories are one-sided.

I did one write-up this year, but that was because I was at the track without the car (shoulder was still hurt) and I could get the prospective from the stands and do more walking/talking since I didn't have a racecar to attend to.

If you want me to do the write-ups, that's fine, just feed me the stories...

I did send the write-up from Houston to Dave to get in GRM, but it wasn't printed for some reason. Not sure why.

ShadowBolt
08-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Total BS! Team Jordan get third in the Summer Shootout (and Michael gets first) and its not even mentioned.

JJ

marshall_mosty
08-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Sorry Jerry... I had a bit of a rough weekend with having AI/CMC duties all by myself for a four-region crossover event while replacing a radiator, transmission, broken torque arm, bent wheel, and dealing with a dead starter and ABS that decided to be in-op, 8 body contact forms, and a DQ for someone being light on the scale...

The time to remember the "word on the street" escaped me that weekend.

ShadowBolt
08-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Sorry Jerry... I had a bit of a rough weekend with having AI/CMC duties all by myself for a four-region crossover event while replacing a radiator, transmission, broken torque arm, bent wheel, and dealing with a dead starter and ABS that decided to be in-op, 8 body contact forms, and a DQ for someone being light on the scale...

The time to remember the "word on the street" escaped me that weekend.

Not blaming you Marshall. Not at all. Just saying...to me the Summer Shootout is our biggest race of the year and even though I know almost everyone broke I still take pride in our team finishing every lap and getting third.

JJ

kbrewmr2
08-12-2013, 09:00 AM
and even then, they still have to decide to pickup the story
- KB, still unpublished

PS - I have heard they're either really hurting or just decided on their own to be more readily accepting of submissions than they have been, but still...

Adam Ginsberg
08-13-2013, 02:48 PM
Guys,
Waaaaay, back I the day (2005-2007) Adam Ginsberg did an excellent job of putting together write-ups. However, he had "help" from driver's feeding him stories. If both directors are at the track, but driving, we only have visibility of our own races, which doesn't make everyone feel included when stories are one-sided.

Thanks for the credit, Marshall. Todd "helped".....helped it be late. His usual MO.

I did send the write-up from Houston to Dave to get in GRM, but it wasn't printed for some reason. Not sure why.

NASA and GRM parted ways with respect to publishing in late 2011. That's why NASA has NASA Speed News Magazine (http://www.nasaproracing.com/speednewsmagazine) (started in Jan 2012), and nothing is published in GRM any longer.

If you want writeups to be published, talk to your regional director (Dave) to make sure story gets routed to the correct person within NASA so it will appear in current issues of NASA Speed News. My last recollection is that Greg Gill was the person within NASA handling writeups for SN, but that may have changed. If you want images to be published with the article, they need to be high res, and a citation for photo credit is required.

FWIW, I've never had an issue getting an AI/CMC story published in GRM (when they handled it for NASA), NASA Speed News Magazine, or various online locations, provided it's submitted to them on time.

Total BS! Team Jordan get third in the Summer Shootout (and Michael gets first) and its not even mentioned.

Instead of bitching about the situation, why not help come up with a solution, Jerry? You're a business owner.....do you like when an employee comes to you and bitches about something, yet isn't willing to even make a modest suggestion on how to fix the problem??

ShadowBolt
08-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Thanks Adam. It's a pleasure hearing from you. Now Fuck off. I fix the problems that come up in my company every day. I don't expect others to do it for me. I'm not an employee of NASA or Speed News so your analogy is BS. This is the biggest race of the year for my team. We ended up on the podium (a big deal to us) and it was not mentioned. I'm not losing any sleep over it I just thought it funny that there was a write-up and the guys that won were not in it. I don't really care if they ever put anything about me, my team or CMC in the mag ever again. Only the people I race with (if many of them) even read the damn thing. I just thought it strange to have an article about the Summer Shootout but no CMC winners mentioned.

JJ

rleng1
08-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Maybe next year at the Summer Shootout everyone will get a trophy.
I got the same felling reading the article. Out of region reporter discussing their regions participants and not mentioning the podium finishers??
Strange, but still liked the pics at Hallet.

Adam Ginsberg
08-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Thanks Adam. It's a pleasure hearing from you. Now Fuck off.

Wow. What a shame. So quick to tell someone trying to help to fuck off.

I fix the problems that come up in my company every day. I don't expect others to do it for me. I'm not an employee of NASA or Speed News so your analogy is BS.

I didn't ask if you do, or don't, fix the issues that come up in your company, or if you expect others to do it for you....you've been in business quite some time, so the assumption is you manage to handle your internal company issues.

All I asked was do you like it when an employee comes to you to bitch about something, but doesn't offer a solution. I'm a believer in not just bringing a problem to a manager's attention, but providing ideas for a solution. It's always received much better than just whining.

That's the reason why I provided the information about how to get a writeup into NASA Speed News. Instead of simply whining, I offered information (why sending to GRM won't work), and a solution (the actual NAME of the NASA person who handles SN writeups).

Try it sometime. You might be surprised at the results.

I don't really care if they ever put anything about me, my team or CMC in the mag ever again.

Your statement is completely false. You made it clear you were dissatisfied with the lack of a writeup. In your own words, it was "BS". So, which is it? Do you want the writeup, or not?