PDA

View Full Version : F/S: Keyboard $ - 1 Bud Light

GlennCMC70
09-18-2013, 07:35 PM
No matter how much I type on it, I come across as an asshole. I thought it was fixed, but recently on page 9, it went tit's up.
Perhaps the new owner will have better luck than me.

GlennCMC70
09-18-2013, 09:14 PM
OK, not funny. Tough room.

Pranav
09-18-2013, 11:00 PM
I heard some grumblings about the "CMC" forums so I went over to look. Goddamn, these guys should just go autocross, they'd fit right in with all of the "precision engineered" rules and constant back/forth over small shit that actually does matter since they're racing down to the thousandths of a second.

I got into CMC because there is enough "slop" in the cars and rule structure that allows someone in a shitbox keep up with the best prepped cars without spending $8k/year on revalving/replacing shocks every 5 minutes and an extra $3k to save 1-2lbs of wheel weight to keep up.

Apparently those guys have yet to realize this...

michaelmosty
09-19-2013, 08:34 AM
It has gone so overboard that I have only been skimming through the posts for the last week. Kudos to you Glenn for spending countless hours giving feedback and understandings of the history of the rules. It is crazy they are burning you for being the only director out there stepping up and helping answer the questions. Not meaning to bash the other directors but you help single hand answer 99% of the questions on the National forums.
I guarantee if you stopped answering questions, it would be an uproar about how no directors help answer questions any more.

I used to sit back, grab some popcorn and a Keystone light but lately it has just been crappy repeat episodes.

Rsmith350
09-19-2013, 08:43 AM
No matter how much I type on it, I come across as an asshole. I thought it was fixed, but recently on page 9, it went tit's up.
Perhaps the new owner will have better luck than me.

I thought it was funny...... I'll pay the bud light......keep the keyboard :)

Casey_SS
09-19-2013, 09:13 AM
I used to sit back, grab some popcorn and a Keystone light but lately it has just been crappy repeat episodes.

I don't normally follow the CMC forum, but every year right after Nationals I do enjoy a bit of rubbernecking over there. I experimented with this episode and found that it goes best with pretzels and Sam Adams Boston Lager.

Fbody383
09-19-2013, 09:25 AM
OK, not funny. Tough room. You didn't even give it two hours and we were all getting the cars ready to race this weekend.

We've had the discussion before that most of this always comes across less "pissy" in person and almost everybody I've met from other regions have been good people.

I'm in Pranav's camp... I consider myself lucky to be able to race at all, and having a series with felow competitors that would always rather beat me on track than leave a car stranded in the paddock is awesome.

We just need a CMC Nationals event - get everybody in the same paddock at the same time and have a huge BBQ-beer-fest, crawl all over all the cars, swap cars and get back to having fun.

Maybe hang up a Todd pinata... just for fun.

BryanL
09-19-2013, 09:29 AM
I'll give you the BL but I sure don't want your keyboard either-you just can't reason with stupid.

rleng1
09-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Where is our National Director when you need him. Oh yeah, austrailia.
I say we dog pile them.

Rob Liebbe
09-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Where is our National Director when you need him. Oh yeah, austrailia.
I say we dog pile them.

Does that mean his Camaro needs a driver this weekend? We could field a two-car Team Wahoo and finish 4th and 5th.

BlueFirePony
09-19-2013, 02:49 PM
It has gone so overboardIn contrast, the AI forum has gotten so poorly contested that someone posted for "Good Mustang Forum for technical info / discussions?? (http://www.aicmctexas.com/main/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105303)"...and no one asked what questions he had...they just referred him elsewhere.

AI#97
09-19-2013, 03:19 PM
OK, not funny. Tough room.

It was funny!

BTW, I got an old keyboard laying around you can have. Not going to guarantee any improvements though! ;) LOL!

kbrewmr2
09-19-2013, 03:23 PM
It was funny!

BTW, I got an old keyboard laying around you can have. Not going to guarantee any improvements though! ;) LOL!

pretty sure that'd be a downgrade...

AI#97
09-19-2013, 03:51 PM
pretty sure that'd be a downgrade...

Dork.

Hey I plugged it in and it still works...Woohoo!

ShadowBolt
09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Dork.

Hey I plugged it in and it still works...Woohoo!

I bet it has a MFW for president sticker on it.

JJ

GlennCMC70
09-19-2013, 05:17 PM
A 5th in Al's car? You must have some spaced wheels to put on it.

Funny thing about my actions..... The Director for those 3 guys has called me out for my "actions". I told Sidney to F off and 2 others said I told them that they "don't get it". I read all 12+ pages and I can't find it. I did point out where one of our rookies did "get it", but didn't say they didn't. I've been told by that regional director that I need apologize to them. I may owe one to Sidney, maybee. Yet another Director feeling CMC is better off w/out me. It wasn't Adam....... so don't start w/ that.

I gotta ask... Do you guys think was was overly rude to anyone in that thread?

GlennCMC70
09-19-2013, 05:18 PM
It was funny!

Gotta get me a secretary.

GlennCMC70
09-19-2013, 05:19 PM
I bet it has a MFW for president sticker on it.

JJ

The last thing I put one of those stickers on, Rob hit and killed. Rob hits hard! No mas.

Wade
09-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Link? I don't follow the national forum and don't have time to dig through the threads looking for this juicy stuff.

GlennCMC70
09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Link? I don't follow the national forum and don't have time to dig through the threads looking for this juicy stuff.

It is the only one that is 12 pages. Print it out and read it while on a plane trip for work or something. That or the back of the shitter.

Suck fumes
09-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Was I being rude.

Heck no. You were honest and up front. Maybe the F off was a little much but those guys were being butt holes.

AI#97
09-19-2013, 07:09 PM
The last thing I put one of those stickers on, Rob hit and killed. Rob hits hard! No mas.

It's been busy at work and at the shop but I am having 2016 stickers printed soon.

marshall_mosty
09-19-2013, 07:14 PM
I read the first 2 pages... Pretty humerous stuff... Guess I shouldn't suggest ideas for someone else's sandbox... I'm proud it's getting that much attention...

However, the overall wheel cost for that Enkei plus spacer is approx $250 ea, which is well within reality considering you could spend over $1000 PER wheel for some CCW's...

Suck fumes
09-19-2013, 07:58 PM
Word! Thanks a lot buddy you made me cause a firestorm among the whiners hahaha!

MikeP99Z
09-19-2013, 09:06 PM
I can get more Enkei's. Not quite at the price of the last batch, but close. Or I can see about arranging a group buy and see what deal I can work. Find me at the track.

cjlmlml
09-20-2013, 09:40 AM
It's been busy at work and at the shop but I am having 2016 stickers printed soon.

NO way you beat Hillary.

Rsmith350
09-24-2013, 10:21 AM

I want one

marshall_mosty
09-29-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm in for a sticker...