PDA

View Full Version : whats the F'ing hold up w/ MyLaps.com!?!?!?!

GlennCMC70
08-18-2006, 08:06 AM
why is it taking so long to get these times posted??? i NEED these results posted to use as official results for Toyo Bucks! i need tires before Nationals and i got like 24 days. :x :x :x

and does anyone know why the Challenger 3 results were removed!? :x :x :x :x

Rob Liebbe
08-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I was wondering the same thing. The Karting event that was held the following weekend at TWS is posted on Mylaps.

David Love AI27
08-18-2006, 09:53 AM
I have nothing at stake here, but I too would like to know why it takes NASATX so long to post this information!?!? Other NASA regions and other racing series many times have their results posted by the Monday following the event. Maybe Todd will whip out some of those three "C"s and:

Communicate to us why the results are not posted :evil:

and

find out if NASATX is going to be Consistant with posting the results. :evil:

jeffburch
08-18-2006, 10:21 AM
"due to unforseen circumstances............."

jb

AI#97
08-18-2006, 12:13 PM
I am drunk and hung over in Vegas....but I will try to sum this up....

NASA TX suxx at procedural execution. Consistancy is a word not yet known..

Yay! :roll:

RichardP
08-18-2006, 12:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing. The Karting event that was held the following weekend at TWS is posted on Mylaps.

Yea, scarry stuff. A 125 cc shifter kart is a few seconds faster around the 2.9 than an AI car... :shock:

Richard P.

Lewis Tanner
08-18-2006, 12:31 PM

Yea, scarry stuff. A 125 cc shifter kart is a few seconds faster around the 2.9 than an AI car... :shock:

Richard P.

Look up the times the 250 superkarts run at MSR Cresson sometime. The last race I saw took a 1:10.xxx to make pole. On a go-kart.

As for the other stuff, stop expecting it and you won't be disappointed when you don't get it and you'll be mildly surprised when you do. ;)

AI#97
08-18-2006, 12:55 PM
As for the other stuff, stop expecting it and you won't be disappointed when you don't get it and you'll be mildly surprised when you do. ;)

Dude, that is like lowering your standards and doing a fat chick just to get laid.... NOT going to lower my standards/expectations THAT much!!!!

I would love the opportunity sometime to try a 125cc shifter cart but I think my 240 lb butt would stress it too much! :lol:

Waco Racer
08-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Typically, official results are printed out at the event. Was that not the case?

I guess following the 3 C's is only for NASA officials. Has anyone communicated with the Class Director? Or, was this just posted out on the board for anyone to see? The chain of command is there for consistency, use it.

Rob Liebbe
08-18-2006, 12:57 PM
They have a "fat man" division.

GlennCMC70
08-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Typically, official results are printed out at the event. Was that not the case?

I guess following the 3 C's is only for NASA officials. Has anyone communicated with the Class Director? Or, was this just posted out on the board for anyone to see? The chain of command is there for consistency, use it.

i emailed Todd @ least a week ago. so yes, i followed the chain of command. i did not get a reply back.
i also asked about this here on this board directly to Todd (cant remember which thread).

the results @ the track are not official results unless Todd signs them as such. but if i had gotten them signed then it wouldnt have mattered as they did change the results w/ regards to the issue regarding Jeff B. so they would have become non-official. we have also been encouraged to use the "MyLaps" results and so i typically try to use those. in the past we have seen results w/in 2 weeks of the event. we are @ that point w/ not a responce back as to the hold up.
the Ohio region guys had their event posted the NEXT DAY! THE NEXT DAY! did i say THE NEXT DAY!? i can understand a week, but 2 weeks, come on! shit or get off the pot! crap.

mitchntx
08-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Past practice has seen info posted on My Laps within a few days. Why is there a need to even ping the chain command on routine ops?

Having to prompt for routine work to be done implies that someone is derelict. Is that the case, Cliff?

And what is the actual chain of command, today? Working inside procedure is a misunderstood concept for some.

Post race results requires series official validation in order for the results to be honored. Being as series officials have been cut by 50%, having to ferret out NASA timing/scoring AND the only, remaining series official doubles the amount of delay in packing up and leaving on Sunday.

It has, in past practice, only required a leisurely download and print to garner the same result.

If NASA operations have changed, the communication of such change is unsat. Racers, like cockroaches, can and will adapt. However, there should be an expected period of learning in order to fully embrace said changes.

Waco Racer
08-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Let me get this straight, you have to have the results signed by the Class Director? How do you accomplish that off of mylaps? Also, you state that you have yet to hear from your Class Director about changes to the finishing order? Interesting, none of this has been relayed to me. This thread is the first I've heard of position changes and questions as to the delay in posting the results. I do not need a prompt to execute routine ops, however, unique circumstances require additional time to reconcile. The NASA routines have not changed but apparently some attitudes have. If I have done something personally, please let me know. If I am guilty by association then so be it.

Waco Racer
08-18-2006, 02:46 PM
http://mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=157592

The timing computer is in Houston and Sophia is in Tulsa. She is the one that uploads the results but the computer needed to be in Houston. In the process of revising and uploading Event 6 info, Event 3 was accidentally erased. This should be resolved by this weekend.

GlennCMC70
08-18-2006, 03:48 PM
clifton, non of this is being directed @ you.
My Laps prinignature.t outs are considered official w/ out a signature.

mitchntx
08-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Let me get this straight, you have to have the results signed by the Class Director? How do you accomplish that off of mylaps? Also, you state that you have yet to hear from your Class Director about changes to the finishing order? Interesting, none of this has been relayed to me. This thread is the first I've heard of position changes and questions as to the delay in posting the results. I do not need a prompt to execute routine ops, however, unique circumstances require additional time to reconcile. The NASA routines have not changed but apparently some attitudes have. If I have done something personally, please let me know. If I am guilty by association then so be it.

MyLaps results, which clearly indicate MyLaps hosted data, are treated and recognized as official results by Toyo.

A printout of the results, like what we see at the track, can be easily dummied or altered. So, the need for authentication by a series director.

There have been a couple of questions about Mylaps data being absent in the "Points" thread. This is, however the first thread that combined both "where's the data" and the "F-Bomb".

Realize too that a week or so is not out of the ordinary. For the last 2 years, MyLaps data has been updated as early as 2 days post race. 2 years of routinely uploading data became the norm, by default. Because it was routinely done, the expectation occured. When that "norm" became deliquent, hands were raised ... or keybords pounded.

Waco Racer
08-18-2006, 04:19 PM
I avoid the Points thread. I've been accused of playing favorites this year and I am taking measures to assure everyone that I do not do that.

For my side "The sky is falling" seems to be all I hear. I know it is not always like that but the negatives out weigh the positives. I work, during and between events, to improve every aspect of racing with NASA Texas. If this is the only complaint from TWS then I guess I'm doing a better job. (I know this isn't the only complaint, I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude.)

I didn't think you could get Toyo tires right now anyway. - just a little humor to lighten the mood. Out of line? Well, I've been down that road before.

GlennCMC70
08-18-2006, 04:57 PM
toyo's are available. no supply issues anymore. and i realize you are not responsible for posting this data, so i didnt exspect you to feel as though this was directed @ you.
when was this data posted? thanks if you helped get it done.

CMC17
08-18-2006, 05:05 PM
clifton, non of this is being directed @ you.
My Laps prinignature.t outs are considered official w/ out a signature.

prinignature.t ????????????? I don't have my decypher ring available. Help me out here. lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

GlennCMC70
08-18-2006, 05:07 PM
thats as good as it gets when typing and driving in rush hour traffic in Dallas. my skillzzz are limited. (flame suit on) :P

Waco Racer
08-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Sophia and Bekah were working on it today. I called Sophia between postings and lo and behold there were the results. My main point is that staff members respond really well to direct communication.

Eric - I borrowed Jethro's double naught spy decypher ring so I knew what he meant. :lol:

GlennCMC70
08-18-2006, 05:31 PM
your not including Todd in that "staff members" comment are you? cause thats were i started.
i did send an email agian to todd this morning and added "info @ NASA . com" to it. maybe i should do that all the time.

mitchntx
08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Just post Sphia and Bekah's phone number and we won't wake ... er ... bother you any more, Cliff.

Waco Racer
08-18-2006, 09:04 PM
I was referring to the NASA core staff.

Mitch, you know my policy on giving out phone numbers.

Lewis Tanner
08-18-2006, 09:23 PM

Only if he's really cute or looks like he's rich, right? :P

mitchntx
08-18-2006, 10:23 PM

Adopted from a very wise man, I'm sure.

AI#97
08-19-2006, 09:47 PM
For my side "The sky is falling" seems to be all I hear. I know it is not always like that but the negatives out weigh the positives. I work, during and between events, to improve every aspect of racing with NASA Texas. If this is the only complaint from TWS then I guess I'm doing a better job. (I know this isn't the only complaint, I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude.)

Clifton, I am asking this question out of truly wanting to know and there is no agression in the tone of this post....

NASATX having now nearly completed it's 3rd full season (that I know of) has held atleast 18 event weekends and some of those have been repeat events at certain venues. How is it that NASATX still hasn't figured out how to run a tighter ship??? How difficult is it to have an event check list to prepare for the event...ie "did we get the scales?"....then assign tasks to be completed by a time frame after the event.....

Have personnel changes cause the inconsistancy...? Have personnel not been properly trained/briefed on their responsibilities? Do the personnel care if they do a job well???

These are the questions that came to mind as a participant spending 2.5 days in the paddock and watching the NASATX team. There was a lot of sitting around, disarray and what appeared a general situation that no one knew "the plan" or even decided to plan ahead. I would think that after 18 events, which would be roughly 36 AI/CMC inverted starts and 36 regular starts.....that someone on grid would have it down how to corral us into position quicker. Might I suggest some walking to our pit area and discussing gridding prior to getting 23 hot race cars onto the grid area?

Clifton, I am not singling you out but you are the only one that seems to have accepted that this is where we discuss our issues and you seem to attempt to address them. I think the meeting Saturday night was OK as briefing as to what has happened but we failed to allot the proper amount of time to address where we are going. I don't think ANY of the issues that concern this group were addressed exept for the marker board at the hot pit/track exit to determine if we are weighing or not. That was the least of our worries, but a good start working toward consistancy which REALLY seems to be the main underlying problem which just fosters no communication.

I am REALLY interested in hearing the answers to these few questions if not from you, then someone at NASATX that SHOULD have "the plan"......

Maybe we all need to set aside a Saturday/Sunday and meet somewhere in the Austin area and sit down and write and SOP manual for NASATX and it's race events? Not necessarily to cater to AI/CMC only....but, "how do you run a race weekend effectively?"......then we can publish it as "race weekends for dummies" and then use the profits to pay for our racing..? Ha ha ha ha....please laugh that was a JOKE!!!!

Clifton, since I had not done it already, thanks for following up on the mylaps.....as important as it is for the Toyo bucks....I use it more of a diagnostic tool as it has the detailed record of laptimes. It's best to do this review while the weekend is still fresh in my brain and that is why I would prefer it be posted in 3-4 business days after the event...

Thanks and let us know how we can help.....

MW

GlennCMC70
08-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Matt brought up a good point. it is very good of you Clifton to come in here and own up to issues that are beyond your control and not your responsibility. i get a feeling of genuine concern from you and i just want to thank you for that. you are one of the two NASATX people out of many that come here and talk w/ us.
as for the grid issue that happened @ TWS. that was really stupid. why not just park us nose to tail and make a 2nd row once we get to long. keep the center open for the pace car and other traffic. all this fancy parking and backing up to a wall we cant see is just silly. i think most of our group will show up early just to help ensure we dont waist time. and to have us spend 20 minutes or more just setting up the grid was crazy.

but hey, i got my results printed and mailed yesterday, so i'm o.k. for now.

Mike Bell
08-20-2006, 07:02 AM
I avoid the Points thread. I've been accused of playing favorites this year and I am taking measures to assure everyone that I do not do that.

Not sure where that accusation came from but it doesn't matter to me, I have every confidence you're not playing favorites - except in your bias towards GM products. :D

I'd guess we all think "The sky is falling" at some point during a season, this one has had plenty of highs and lows in my opinion but overall we keep coming back to race. Some of the enjoyment derived in a race weekend is in fact due to your efforts to improve the racing. Those efforts are much appreciated Clifton!

jeffburch
08-20-2006, 12:48 PM
I agree with MB regarding CW.
I wish he ran the whole shootin match.
jb

mitchntx
08-20-2006, 03:24 PM
except in your bias towards GM products. :D

Shut up, Bell.

He's the only advantage the GM guys have ...

Mike Bell
08-21-2006, 07:57 AM
except in your bias towards GM products. :D

Shut up, Bell.

He's the only advantage the GM guys have ...

LOL, and that's why CMC is such a beautiful world to live in, sky is always blue and everything smells like a basket of roses. :D

mitchntx
08-21-2006, 08:08 AM
http://jump.typepad.com/photos/gratuitous_cat_photos/miko_sunshine.JPG

Waco Racer
08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Clifton, I am asking this question out of truly wanting to know and there is no agression in the tone of this post....

NASATX having now nearly completed it's 3rd full season (that I know of) has held atleast 18 event weekends and some of those have been repeat events at certain venues. How is it that NASATX still hasn't figured out how to run a tighter ship??? How difficult is it to have an event check list to prepare for the event...ie "did we get the scales?"....then assign tasks to be completed by a time frame after the event.....

Have personnel changes cause the inconsistancy...? Have personnel not been properly trained/briefed on their responsibilities? Do the personnel care if they do a job well???

There have been quite a few personnel changes over the last 2 years. No, the new staff was not trained properly. Many times we haven't been able to get commitments from people until the last minute. It has been necessary to have these people, however, that leads to on the job training. We also have tried cross training some people and that leads to confusion on some levels. NASA Tx has brought some experienced people back to the core staff and this will help tremendously in the "flow" of events. Racing is a passionate sport for the drivers and staff. Some of the staff is young and has a different outlook on life and working a job. So it may seem to some that they are aloof but, as long as I am around, they take their job seriously. According to the flow chart we received at the staff winter meeting, everyone except the Regional Director and the School staff answer to me. School staff answers to Kevin Mixon or me if Kevin is on track. If you see somthing not right or don't get the answer you need, find me or Adrian and we can help. If it can wait, the best times to talk to me is during HPDE, at the end of the day, or during lunch - if you don't mind watching me eat.

Glenn - what you suggest about grid is just what I was trying to create. Just ask Todd, I was trying to communicate with grid but they didn't listen or weren't able to hear the radio. I was even yelling at them from the tower. The MSRs have them spoiled but they are learning. I would ask that if a grid person is chatting too much and not gridding cars that you kindly remind them that they have other customers they need to tend to.

Mike - there was some concern in April but that has been resloved. Go GM!!

Thanks to all of you for your support. I am a graduate of the Dr. Leo Marvin school of Psychiatry. Baby steps get grid on the same page, baby steps get results posted, baby steps get medals to drivers, baby steps keep the event on schedule.....

I need a vacation from my problems! :lol:

Lewis Tanner
08-21-2006, 12:32 PM
http://www.zylosbackyard.com/supraforums/1.jpg
One of Mitch's agents of evil, just after he ate the Challenger 3 results off of the mylaps server.

A thorough investigation has determined that, once again, Mitch's cats were dispatched to cause trouble for the AI/CMC crowd.