PDA

View Full Version : TX Mile Fire and Al F. Impersonation

BryanL
11-12-2013, 03:46 PM
Around 1:10 the guy comes to a stop and starts to unbuckle and takes about 20 seconds for him to get out of the car and do the Al F. Flop.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1088064_this-is-what-an-exploding-180-mph-nitrous-corvette-looks-like-video?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=news

michaelmosty
11-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Wow, that thing went up crazy fast!!! It probablly wouldn't have burned so much if it had Aaron's wheels. ;^)

ShadowBolt
11-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Wow, that thing went up crazy fast!!! It probablly wouldn't have burned so much if it had Aaron's wheels. ;^)
True but it would have been 30 mph faster.

JJ

Fbody383
11-13-2013, 10:54 AM
True but it would have been 30 mph faster. And stopped 516 ft. shorter.

Suck fumes
11-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Funny how he has a fire system and the pull chord is right next to him on the bar yet he doesn't pull it?!?! And he was SLOW getting out. Sheesh! Not sure why he didn't shift the car instead of banging it off the limiter in 4th either?? They have 6 speeds.

GlennCMC70
11-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Master was never turned off befoe exiting. Fire bottle was still pinned, handle broke off I was told.

Fbody383
11-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Master was never turned off befoe exiting. Fire bottle was still pinned, handle broke off I was told. Good reminder for everybody.

Suck fumes
11-13-2013, 03:13 PM
The camera still shows the fire handle on the A pillar bar in plain sight unbroken. He just panicked and didn't pull it! Expensive mistake.

marshall_mosty
11-13-2013, 09:44 PM
I have my system pinned, but have a lanyard on the pin that's easy to pull.

edrock96GT
11-14-2013, 05:18 PM

Same here, with a piece of rookie orange tape on it.

Fbody383
11-15-2013, 02:33 PM

Same here, with a piece of rookie orange tape on it.
I am always paranoid working in the car about the fire system and i'll pin it at the bottle; that's the one that if you forget to clear you're screwed.

Pranav
11-15-2013, 02:51 PM
I haven't installed mine yet, but I was going to just print and laminate a "pre-flight" check list and hang it off my dash. There was a guy that burned to death in a 944 not too long ago when they couldn't get him out and the fire system was still pinned at the bottle.

AI#97
11-15-2013, 06:38 PM
When giving instructions on how to pin your bottle for you....BE VERY SPECIFIC about where the pin goes or the fact the handle must be pulled OUT to put the pin in at the bottle, and NOT aligning the holes to put the pin through. This fact let me learn exactly how to have a bottle re-filled earlier this year! LOL!

edrock96GT
11-16-2013, 12:06 AM
... There was a guy that burned to death in a 944 not too long ago when they couldn't get him out...

Also why I have a seat belt cutter taped to the switch panel with the same orange tape. I put it there after watching the video of Jim Pantas trying to pull a guy out of a car after he couldn't get his belts unbuckled.

marshall_mosty
11-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Also why I have a seat belt cutter taped to the switch panel with the same orange tape. I put it there after watching the video of Jim Pantas trying to pull a guy out of a car after he couldn't get his belts unbuckled.

Eddie,
What exactly is your seatbelt cutter made from? I'm interested in duplicating it.

edrock96GT
11-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Eddie,
What exactly is your seatbelt cutter made from? I'm interested in duplicating it.

Here is the link with all the details. http://www.benchmade.com/products/7

marshall_mosty
11-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Eddie,
Just ordered one. $41 shipped.
Thanks for the link.

Racebrat
11-20-2013, 09:20 AM

The problem with that guy was that his sub belt was turned backwards and pressed against his body. He couldn't rotate the thingy in order to release the belts. I'm very particular now when I strap KC into the car to make damn sure that thing is facing outwards. But a belt cutter is a GREAT idea to have within reach in the car! Eddie- you win a prize! :-)

edrock96GT
11-20-2013, 01:26 PM
The problem with that guy was that his sub belt was turned backwards and pressed against his body. He couldn't rotate the thingy in order to release the belts. I'm very particular now when I strap KC into the car to make damn sure that thing is facing outwards. But a belt cutter is a GREAT idea to have within reach in the car! Eddie- you win a prize! :-)

I remember reading that also. It was a latch and he turned it around so it wouldn't come unlatched. It worked...

I have a cam-lock and have no reason to turn mine around, but that doesn't mean it can't fail in some other way. How or why, I have no earthly idea, but one thing for sure is that I won't be trapped in it if it does.

What's my prize? :D

kbrewmr2
11-20-2013, 02:11 PM
I'd ask for one "get out of jail free" card.... surely the group RD can grant one of those, right?

Racebrat
11-22-2013, 02:07 PM
I remember reading that also. It was a latch and he turned it around so it wouldn't come unlatched. It worked...

I have a cam-lock and have no reason to turn mine around, but that doesn't mean it can't fail in some other way. How or why, I have no earthly idea, but one thing for sure is that I won't be trapped in it if it does.

What's my prize? :D

Free pass? Maybe....how about a cookie? :-)