PDA

View Full Version : Wild Rides racing S-Box

ShadowBolt
11-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Received mine today. Wow this thing is heavy duty! Either 10 ga. or 7 ga. I have not measured it yet. You are NOT going to tear these mounts out. I got mine off E-bay (even though it was from the Wild Rides e-store) for $324.00 including shipping. About fifty bucks less then their web site not counting shipping.

JJ

marshall_mosty
11-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Jerry,
I'd talk to them and figure out which of the three upper holes are "stock" and then plug weld the other holes closed. That will keep anyone from wondering "if" the other holes have ever been used (or could be used in the future).

ShadowBolt
11-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Jerry,
I'd talk to them and figure out which of the three upper holes are "stock" and then plug weld the other holes closed. That will keep anyone from wondering "if" the other holes have ever been used (or could be used in the future).

I agree and that is part of the plan.

JJ

jdlingle
11-23-2013, 06:38 PM
That thing looks legit. Hope that ends up being the solution for Mustang guys and control am mount issues.

Suck fumes
11-23-2013, 07:57 PM
What about the lower mounts? You didn't want to get the complete kit?

ShadowBolt
11-24-2013, 11:31 AM
What about the lower mounts? You didn't want to get the complete kit?
My lowers still are not that bad. I hope we can weld them up and not have to do the lowers.

JJ

RichardP
11-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm curious to see how significantly reinforcing the upper mounts will affect your handling. With the four link, the upper arms need to change length in order for the axle to roll. Since they have limited ability to do that, depending on bushing stiffness, the deflection of the floor in the rear seat area is realistically part of the rear suspension movement. Taking that deflection away will likely add some roll stiffness.

Richard P.