PDA

View Full Version : GRM - October 2006

chicane23
08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I received my new copy of GRM and I found nothing for you guys!

What is up?????

Is Texas dead in the publications?

Mike Bell
08-23-2006, 05:43 PM
I think we ran Todd off. :shock:

AI#97
08-23-2006, 06:15 PM
Texas? Are there road racers in Texas?! Who would have known?! :roll: :(

Mike Bell
08-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, I'm not surprised by anything anymore. Considering that a thread I posted in over at CMC.com about the new Teardown Procedures at Nationals got edited and then locked it's becoming readily apparent to me that the racers opinions of the activity or procedures are not welcome or appreciated.

It's their ballpark and rule book, but I'm through playing in their game.

mitchntx
08-23-2006, 08:41 PM
It's their ballpark and rule book, but I'm through playing in their game.

Suprised it took you this long.

Plenty of room over here on the bench

jeffburch
08-23-2006, 08:47 PM
The ghosts of Hallett live on.

jb

mitchntx
08-23-2006, 08:57 PM
I just saw the post to which you referenced, Mike. I don't go to the Kalifornia site very often ...

Wasn't that a bombshell ... 3 weeks before the race and the rules are "clarified". :lol:

"might remove a head ... but no teardown."

I guess you boys need to take along a complete gasket and seal kit as part of your spares ...

Just think of the ruckus if the Kalifornia boys don't podium ... :shock: Or maybe the ruckus if they ALL do! :o

Kind of reminds me of the time a Hemi Dodge PU truck pulled beside me in my street car and purged nitrous.

He asked "Wanna race?"

I said "What's the point? If I win, you'll say it's 'Just a farm truck' and if I lose, you'll say 'it's just a FARM truck."

AI#97
08-23-2006, 09:38 PM
I just saw the post to which you referenced, Mike. I don't go to the Kalifornia site very often ...

Wasn't that a bombshell ... 3 weeks before the race and the rules are "clarified". :lol:

"might remove a head ... but no teardown."

I guess you boys need to take along a complete gasket and seal kit as part of your spares ...

Just think of the ruckus if the Kalifornia boys don't podium ... :shock: Or maybe the ruckus if they ALL do! :o

Kind of reminds me of the time a Hemi Dodge PU truck pulled beside me in my street car and purged nitrous.

He asked "Wanna race?"

I said "What's the point? If I win, you'll say it's 'Just a farm truck' and if I lose, you'll say 'it's just a FARM truck."

Karnack stopped by earlier and said something about "Southern Iron".....wonder what he meant? :lol:

JG, when are we going to work on that exhibition race for AV8SS? Hell, I would even do it at TMS!

Rob Liebbe
08-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't understand.

Some folks don't want to run with NASA anymore and that's fine. Other folks still want to run with NASA and that's fine too. What I don't understand is why someone who has disassociated himself with NASA feels compelled to make posts on a forum made up of NASA racers and trash talks the organization.

John, if you want to go, then go. If you want to stay, then stay. But all I get out of your participation on this AICMCTexas forum is negativity and stirring up issues about which you say that you are no longer a part.

I don't get it.

Mike Bell
08-24-2006, 06:18 AM
So now we are telling people to go or stay? C'mon, no race writeups in GRM kinda sux. I loved our old race writeups and it was cool to see the Texas results in the bigtime magazine.

Recent debacle (catastrophe is more like it) caused us to lose Adam as a Series Director and participant. By proxy we also lost another capable driver in Daron Cooke. "Ghosts of Hallet" might be the phrase of the year.

For me the heart of the issue is the current CMC rules and how they don't address some very basic questions or specifications. Folks go and buy a race car from Timbuktu and it dynos at 230/300. That's great, at or under the legal limit and with no teardown rule there is no problem. Race it and have fun. But other folks bought a race car and either blew up the motor (me) or it was down on power and for some reason they can't get it up to the 230/300 by following the exact wording in the rules. This topic is mainly about the small block Ford (SBF).

The fact remains that according to the rules there are many stock SBF motors that would be legal but won't make the 230/300 numbers. In fact, many are far from that ceiling. So either we have a bunch of illegal motors or a few idiots that don't know how to build a SBF right. Asking questions at the National level gets you a bunch of responses about "seat time" and "you just don't get it". I sent Tony G an email several months back asking what cam I can legally run in my new 302, no response. I'm building a new motor, you tell me should I feel good about spending my $$$ and still being down on power?? Should I be happy about the crapshoot odds of my new motor somehow being the "magic combination" and making at or close to 230/300????

For the record:
I don't want engine teardowns.
I don't want to cheat.
I don't think anyone else in our region is cheating.
I don't want folks to have to change their existing motors.

I do think there's a significant rules gap in CMC.
I do want to compete in a fair contest of driving skill.
I do want the CMC rules to be modified to allow a repeatable recipe for the SBF to reach the 230/300 mark.

Ask these questions on the National CMC website and get censored or ignored. I'm a paying participant, period. While W2W has been the most fun I've had with my clothes on recently it's not the only game in town nor does my paid up entry indicate I wish to be subjected to someone's dictatorship. If I pay, then I get to express my opinion(s) as well.

Without one you don't get the other.

chicane23
08-24-2006, 06:51 AM
John, if you want to go, then go. If you want to stay, then stay. But all I get out of your participation on this AICMCTexas forum is negativity and stirring up issues about which you say that you are no longer a part.

I don't get it.

Because I would like to read about the events and want the people that work damn hard to get the recognition they deserve and were promised. Maybe with my comments and criticism I can promote change! The other ways we have all tried sure the heck didn’t work! I'm here for my friends and if this shit ever turns around I may come back out and kick some more ass for a race or two.

Why does it bother you so much? Are you scared of the truth?

mitchntx
08-24-2006, 08:46 AM

Not really scared. But I wish you'd stop the veiled jabs.

Say your peace and get on with it.

Some of us aren't in the "inner circle" and can only speculate what your issues are. The specualation is what causes the problems.

So, to put it like my dad would have put it ... shit, or get off the pot.

mitchntx
08-24-2006, 08:54 AM
a bunch of responses about "seat time" and "you just don't get it".

Don't forget "It is what is it is" and the ever popular "Bring me the tech".

Mike, you have so elequently penned exactly the concerns that I, and my GM colleagues, have raised over and over.

I guess it's a definition gap. My definition of "No tear down" is obviously different from others. If it involves scraping a surface to get it to reseal, then the engine has been "torn down".

My definition of "clarification" obviously isn't the same, either. I guess there really are such things as "stupid questions", like "Why?" or "What's the reasoning behind that?"

I guess if I had been a part of CMC/AI since the beginning, I wouldn't have to ask those questions. But, my tardiness has caused there to be that gap.

cjlmlml
08-24-2006, 09:00 AM
I agree, if you dont like things the way they are, offer a solution.

There is no reason to be negative, it really doesnt solve anything, except create bad feelings.

A lot of the posts I read offer solutions ( Mike Bell). Those are good to see.

Things are never going to be perfect, get used to it.

I have.

Mike Bell
08-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Damn, everytime I get up a head of steam into one of my full-blown tirades some rational person calmly walks into the room and kicks the chair out from under me! :D

jeffburch
08-24-2006, 09:08 AM
There is a "no teardown" rule in the '06 rulebook.
I'm sure the Tony G. waffle is due to the Ghost.
AG IS going to Ohio.

jb

j3ffbrooks
08-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Because I would like to read about the events and want the people that work damn hard to get the recognition they deserve and were promised.

I guess I'd like to know who races to see their name in a magazine. Who promised all this? Yeah, sure its neat to see your name in a magazine, but its not something I expect from Club Racing.

The other ways we have all tried sure the heck didn’t work!

We or you?

I'm with Rob on this.

I really don't understand why some of you guys like all this drama. You get frustrated and you make this big announcement that you're going to quit racing. You're quiet for a few weeks or a month and then slowly start poking your head around again. Then everything is normal again and you're racing like nothing happened.

Brooks

AI#97
08-24-2006, 09:20 AM
I thumbed through the latest GRM last night and it's pathetic. If it isn't a 4cyl "sports car", rally or some review of some $50k street car...it isn't in there. The blurbs are less than 125 words which doesn't do dick for promoting anything...

Our guys for AI/CMC are covered up with LIVES so the write ups as we knew them are probably dead and anyone stepping in to volunteer is volunteering to fail because of expectations have been set too high? I honestly don't think any of the racers should volunteer for this role because we are busy RACING and working on our cars. There is NO way we can keep track of both groups and all the details of 2 quals and 4 races to be fair to everyone. Honestly, I don't see how Todd/Adam did it in the past...

Rant on....

I wrote my own personal write up and posted it in two locations where it would benefit my primary sponsors. I would love to be able to go for the bigger bucks from my employer who would jump at the chance to get exposure in GRM, Sports Car, Motor Trend or even in some of the mustang rags on a national level. Hell, I would like to get some exposure like Brian Shugg has so I can work toward a pro ride like he got. I guess when it comes right down to it, if you strive for greatness there is no way in hell you can depend on others to help get you there when they can't even figure out how to Grid a race group of 23 cars..... :roll:

Rant off....

good day to all.

Mike Bell
08-24-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm with Rob on this.

I really don't understand why some of you guys like all this drama. You get frustrated and you make this big announcement that you're going to quit racing. You're quiet for a few weeks or a month and then slowly start poking your head around again. Then everything is normal again and you're racing like nothing happened.

Brooks

Point taken, I'm guilty as described.

AI#97
08-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Brooks....I think it's the premise that we have high expectations for the return on our investment in NASA and the AI/CMC series....and aren't getting them. I don't want this to be a check book issue or an us/them kind of thing because I like racing with you guys, but the fact is some of us are die hard competitors. We do everything 110% and that is why you see us 'bring sledgehammers to kill flies'. It's called an overly competitive nature, we can't change that. Given our "investment" which is more than just money, but time from our families, tow rigs, neglecting our homes and pets, busting our asses building/fixing race cars....AND putting our lives on the line, we are looking for a pay off we feel is equal to OUR efforts or at least a level of acceptable value to us.

Maybe WE are the stupid ones for "investing" so much? Maybe the series isn't worth that much "expense"??? I am being the devil's advocate here to attempt to make a point to NASATX and the group....BUT, all of this arguing, bitching, complaining, yelling, typing, pissing and moaning is ALL in an effort to make it better for everyone or atleast the majority. To date, NONE of it has worked and yes, we are frustrated....WHY, because we choose to attempt to do something about it instead of just accept it. It is part of a type A personality and racers by nature will NOT change.

I think our group as a whole is pretty healthy and we stand behind each other when the need arises. That is a good thing because we aren't like the SCCA where the racers won't lift a finger to help a competitor. We as a whole need to work this problem and fix it. I think we as the AI/CMC group have done more than our share to make suggestions on how to fix the Region's issues. Sadly, I think they have fallen on deaf ears and the shoulders of the incompetant. If that means you decide to keep my trophy at the end of the year...fine. All I ask is that you operate the series/region in a way that the trophy means something to highlight the efforts and accomplishments of your "customers"....

I will now shut up about NASATX and AI/CMC and will restrict discussions to tech and Bullshitting about who is faster, which truck diesel is better and just a general comraderie with my piers. I think we have ALL bitched enough and WE need to make sure OUR series ends in October on a positive note. This is the shit sandwich we are ALL going to eat so bring enough mustard to make it work for you.

CMC17
08-24-2006, 09:40 AM
I stopped wishing and hoping for recognition in GRM a long time ago. I'm not going to point fingers and get mad or upset, I'm way beyond that now.

I still give props to Todd and Adam (and anyone else involved) with the write-ups and trying to get something in the magazine(s).

Dropping my expectations has yielded a lot of things. I went back to having fun driving really fast, legally! I'm a speed junky and what better way than to work it out while on the track and not on public roads. Yep, I get it all out of my system on the track.

You guys can fight for the recognition, championship trophies (just make sure they spell the name right) and all the other acolades that go along with it.

I will stick to trying to go really fast in HPDE's and during NASA events, but don't look for me to be anything other than someone that is very content by being on the track and no speed limits. If you are faster, good for you and I wish you well and hope your enjoyment is pegged like mine.

After seeing what happened to one of our directors and the other that has now fallen off the face of the Earth, I will take a back seat to any controversy. You guys hash it out and maybe one day reflect back to see if you are really having fun.

Have a given up on the series? Without top level support for the issues at hand, the secret society that is present on the west coast and other high level issues, it would seem now that I'm really using NASA as a place to go racing w2w and nothing more.

What keeps me coming back isn't the $1.50 medals or the headaches, it's the group of guys that I have gotten to know over the years and that's what is ultimately important. I will not let this series tear through those friendships and good times that we are supposed to be having at this level of racing while at the track. Building fences promotes nothing good.

Either be happy or find another sand box. Play by the rules or find another series that tears down all engines after every session. The world is a really big place. Too bad in a hundred years none of this will amount to diddly for anyone reading this.

Have fun, stay safe and lemme know if I can help anyone out with anything.

<document not spell checked.. sue me> lol

chicane23
08-24-2006, 10:11 AM

Do you need some cheese with this?

I have said my peace... I just simply ask a question. You guys are like a bunch of girls!

I'm just interested to see how everyone is doing.

michaelmosty
08-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Given our "investment" which is more than just money, but time from our families, tow rigs, neglecting our homes and pets, busting our asses building/fixing race cars....AND putting our lives on the line, we are looking for a pay off we feel is equal to OUR efforts or at least a level of acceptable value to us.

My payoff is a weekend of great racing with guys and gals that all share the same interest. Racing during the day and b/s-ing at night w/ my bro. and friends is pay off enough for me.
Magazine exposure, sponsor $$, contingencies, etc. are all just an extra side of gravy that is welcomed but not needed. I guess I'm setting my sights too low. :?

GlennCMC70
08-24-2006, 11:43 AM
sounds like i've heard all this before. same song, second verse.

no real input, just subscribing to this to keep up w/ whats said.

John, you going to Nationals??? your still on the entry list as of the 8-22 update.

TEXAST1
08-24-2006, 11:58 AM
[/quote]
My payoff is a weekend of great racing with guys and gals that all share the same interest. Racing during the day and b/s-ing at night w/ my bro. and friends is pay off enough for me.
Magazine exposure, sponsor $$, contingencies, etc. are all just an extra side of gravy that is welcomed but not needed. I guess I'm setting my sights too low. :?[/quote]

Well said! :D

marshall_mosty
08-24-2006, 12:23 PM
... b/s-ing at night w/ my bro....
Awe shucks... kicks foot at air... :)

I agree with all the "little people", as I am one of them. I don't aspire to go pro-racing because I know I'm not gifted or rich enough to get there. A sucessful weekend for me is one where everyone can get both their cars and themselves on the trailer and make it home safe. (Notice how I said "get their cars on the trailer"... and not "drive up" I've pushed mine up on the trailer more than I would like to admit!)

All the tech discussions and BS-ing is what draws me to the track, other than being 3" off someone's bumper with someone beside you, at the apex of the last turn, on the last lap.... you know the story.

chicane23
08-24-2006, 12:31 PM
John, you going to Nationals??? your still on the entry list as of the 8-22 update.

Yes, I'm going! - Wayne is going with me.

gt40
08-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Same here. I don't expect anything more than a weekend of fun, hanging out and racing with a bunch of like-minded gearheads...

BUT...

I also figure if an organization is going to commit to doing something, it should work towards that commitment 100%, and the hit-or-miss attitude shown towards promoting the region is wearing thin.

mitchntx
08-24-2006, 12:39 PM

Do you need some cheese with this?

I have said my peace... I just simply ask a question. You guys are like a bunch of girls!

I'm just interested to see how everyone is doing.

Sorry to have gotten under your skin. I certainly don't want to be in your sights.

Not unlike you, I was just asking a question.

GlennCMC70
08-24-2006, 01:23 PM

Yes, I'm going! - Wayne is going with me.

pm me w/ your date of departure and stuff.

AI#97
08-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Magazine exposure, sponsor $$, contingencies, etc. are all just an extra side of gravy that is welcomed but not needed. I guess I'm setting my sights too low. :?

Agreed...100%....I have just set my sights a little higher.

The funnest part of the weekend is sitting around BS'n about each turn of the wheel while dicing it up on the track. I seem to remember you I laughing our asses off walking around in Rattlesnake at 1am looking for Marshall's exhaust turn down and having no luck with a beer in one hand and a flashlight in another!! Classic!

Glenn, maybe LG was right....? And I mistakenly showed up with a Ph.D effort???? :? Oh well... :lol:

NASA13
08-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Agreed...100%....I have just set my sights a little higher.

The funnest part of the weekend is sitting around BS'n about each turn of the wheel while dicing it up on the track. I seem to remember you I laughing our asses off walking around in Rattlesnake at 1am looking for Marshall's exhaust turn down and having no luck with a beer in one hand and a flashlight in another!! Classic!

Glenn, maybe LG was right....? And I mistakenly showed up with a Ph.D effort???? :? Oh well... :lol:

Definitely high expectations for a grassroots movement at the near bottom of racings food chain.
The only way to make a small fortune in nearly any form of racing is to start with a big one and watch it dwindle.
It will take closer competition, and a well connected motivated and payed employee to ever get the results you guys are hoping for. We must start with the management and work down from there. Bitchin at each other wont do it.
Truth is most people dont care about us. I rarely read about the other regions. I just wanted to see my name in print. People may start to care when AI and CMC have .1 second margins of victory consistently and the field is large enough to prove something. We can only hope we are popular some day, until then let's go run Skip Barber series or something that will pay off when you win. I would look good in F1 8)

AI#97
08-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Definitely high expectations for a grassroots movement at the near bottom of racings food chain.
The only way to make a small fortune in nearly any form of racing is to start with a big one and watch it dwindle.
It will take closer competition, and a well connected motivated and payed employee to ever get the results you guys are hoping for. We must start with the management and work down from there. Bitchin at each other wont do it.
Truth is most people dont care about us. I rarely read about the other regions. I just wanted to see my name in print. People may start to care when AI and CMC have .1 second margins of victory consistently and the field is large enough to prove something. We can only hope we are popular some day, until then let's go run Skip Barber series or something that will pay off when you win. I would look good in F1 8)

Corey, you are right, we have to create the car count which will require more effort....baby steps to greatness! If the newbies figure out we are treated like stepchildren....they won't show!

oz98cobra
08-24-2006, 06:31 PM
My thoughts on "promoting" grass roots series like AI/CMC is that it has to be on the local level, so write ups in GRM are not going to give us the effect that many are looking for.

It has to be in the form of some local press coverage (even if it's just a list of top ten finishers in each race with a few words of the weekends highlights), some local advertising, etc. But none of that is going to happen, as Cory points out, unless NASA management and/or employees make it happen.

AI#97
08-24-2006, 06:50 PM
My thoughts on "promoting" grass roots series like AI/CMC is that it has to be on the local level, so write ups in GRM are not going to give us the effect that many are looking for.

It has to be in the form of some local press coverage (even if it's just a list of top ten finishers in each race with a few words of the weekends highlights), some local advertising, etc. But none of that is going to happen, as Cory points out, unless NASA management and/or employees make it happen.

Well, WE can't act on THEIR behalf. It could be as easy and CHEAP as sending out an event recap to the 100's of people who have participated in a NASATX event purely by email using the records from the sign up sheets! Easy to target them because they already did this once!!!

I am for doing both local and national blitz's because you can never do enough marketing when you are trying to grow something into something great.

dirwin
08-24-2006, 09:14 PM
I say lets go racing with Grand Am! GS is the cheap class, lets go there, they get on TV! To heck with GRM, only members of NASA get that rag anyway. Who has an FIA comp license? We need that first. Next, Ford Motorsports sells a fairly competitive car, the FR500C, it is only $125,000 and they even sell spare wheels for $1,295 each since only 4 come with the car. I don't know, we should be able to get off cheap on the spares since I am a Ford Dealer and a Motorsports Distributer, maybe what, $50,000 for spares and parts? Shoot, we all have good trailers, we don't need one of those. Okay, if you want to make any money we are going to need to be front runners for the season and we can't miss a race. Grand Am Cup runs 11 races, entry fees are $1,350 per race, plus $6,950 if we want to run the 24 hour race.

Then, we will be seen on the Speed Channel, won't or sponsors be proud, that is if they are up to see it a 2am.

I think I am going to stick to going out 6 weekends a year and having a blast doing something that very few people will ever get to do. AND arguing about who makes the best diesel :roll:

AI#97
08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
I say lets go racing with Grand Am! GS is the cheap class, lets go there, they get on TV! To heck with GRM, only members of NASA get that rag anyway. Who has an FIA comp license? We need that first. Next, Ford Motorsports sells a fairly competitive car, the FR500C, it is only $125,000 and they even sell spare wheels for $1,295 each since only 4 come with the car. I don't know, we should be able to get off cheap on the spares since I am a Ford Dealer and a Motorsports Distributer, maybe what, $50,000 for spares and parts? Shoot, we all have good trailers, we don't need one of those. Okay, if you want to make any money we are going to need to be front runners for the season and we can't miss a race. Grand Am Cup runs 11 races, entry fees are $1,350 per race, plus $6,950 if we want to run the 24 hour race.

Then, we will be seen on the Speed Channel, won't or sponsors be proud, that is if they are up to see it a 2am.

I think I am going to stick to going out 6 weekends a year and having a blast doing something that very few people will ever get to do. AND arguing about who makes the best diesel :roll:

Sarcasm noted... :roll:

Rob Liebbe
08-25-2006, 01:31 PM
I just got back in town and read the responses that followed my post. I figured it would cause a stir and likely make John mad at me.

What seems to have happened is that most that posted are in agreement that this is grass roots, just for fun, not for profit or livelihood, that there are problems with NASA, we miss the folks who have left since the Hallet "Incident", it's still not clear what the full story was/is at Hallet and all that lead up to and followed it, we don't get coverage, we miss the writeups among other things. I agree.

I think that comments, discussions, arguments, and long threads within the group are helpful and useful. This thread has brought out what a lot of people hold as their expectations. Some are truly in it for the fun and others are looking for a little more. There is room for both as long as the expectations for return are in line with the bottom of the racing chain organization that we are participating in.

Do I want consisitent rule that promote safety, equality, fairness and competition? You bet!!! But I truly believe that those discussions shouldn't be lobbed from a distance as veiled jabs. The start of this thread was not the first such instance.

I would love to see Wayne, John, Adam, Daron, Mitch and Lewis return to our ranks, (I'm not counting Todd as out at this time) but there seems to have been too much damage for some to return. I hope to see them at other venues, and I hope they all find what they are looking for.

But I will say it again: If you want to go, then go. If you want to stay, then stay. But stop with the veiled jabs and be more constructive.

BTW: I'm not "afraid" of anything except this group tearing itself apart and I certainly don't want to see that happen. That's why I said what I did.

TEXAST1
08-25-2006, 02:22 PM

Not to be a total wise ass, but it would hard to consider anyone who works for NASA an employee. It would be more of voluntary position with a gasoline credit. 8)

I can't speak for the rest of the "Employees" but I can tell you that I don't helpout for the cash. I just want a place to race and have a great time with my friends who share similar interests. If that means I have to volunter my weekends and work to make it happen, I am in. :D

dirwin
08-25-2006, 04:31 PM
In the words of a great speaker, philanthropist, mentor to thousands and leader of millions:

"Can't we all just get along"

Rob Liebbe
08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I thought Rodney King said that.

TEXAST1
08-25-2006, 05:30 PM
I like Daron just fine, He has lot's of good insight and seems to be a decent shoe.

I just don't want anyone to get the wrong impression about why myself or anyone else volunters for NASA.

mitchntx
08-25-2006, 08:05 PM
I would love to see ... Mitch ... return to our ranks

Not gone, just re-evaluating.

I knew the last race of the season is out due to work commitments. So, I took the oppurtunity to back away and "get it".

Has anyone ever "seen it?"

jeffburch
08-25-2006, 08:46 PM
More like, smokin it.

8)

jb

GlennCMC70
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
i once had "it", but it took me so long to get "it" that "it" changed once i was holding "it". :roll:

David Love AI27
08-26-2006, 12:19 AM
i once had "it", but it took me so long to get "it" that "it" changed once i was holding "it". :roll:

Dude, add a sh in front of your "it" and that is some funny stuff... LOL

once you have your sh"it", don't try to hold sh"it" cuz things tend to get messy... my margaritas aren't as good as Boudy's but the results are the same... nitey nite...

dirwin
08-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Rob,

Yes, I was refering to the great one himself, without his profound words that day just think where LA might be now! By the way, I think he might have had "it" as well, or at least some MD 20/20.

Dave

Todd Covini
08-28-2006, 01:55 AM
I received my new copy of GRM and I found nothing for you guys!

What is up?????

Is Texas dead in the publications?

"Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

To All....
Texas AI/CMC is far from dead in any way, shape or form!
(I am alive and well and have not been "run off" or "beaten about the head and shoulders") :lol:

Look around at what WE have all accomplished in the last 3 years. Texas AI/CMC is THE place for American Ponycar racing and isn't about to slowdown or stop for one or two people or issues. We're heading to Nationals in the coming weeks and we will have a great AI/CMC showing from Texas!

I've been out of pocket for a multitude of life's reasons the past few weeks and am just now catching up on things. SofU, TWS recap, CMC#2 Nationals Prep, MSRH final round, 4th Annual Banquet, 2nd Annual World Premier Video, etc, etc....it's all coming together!

Talk to you guys & gals very soon...
<<Peace!>>

-=- Todd Covini

mitchntx
08-28-2006, 05:50 AM
Wow ... what a relief. The sky ISN'T falling afterall ...

marshall_mosty
08-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Wow ... what a relief. The sky ISN'T falling afterall ...

I'm really glad because Michael was wearing his chicken little outfit to dinner yesterday... scarry stuff. :shock:

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1280/3889/93413.jpg

mitchntx
08-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Where's his right hand?

:?

jeffburch
10-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Anyone see GRM?
Mine is a week or so late.

jb