PDA

View Full Version : Nationals sign up list.....

AI#97
08-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Interesting there are only 28 AI cars going, two from CA and one has pulled her entry but is still on the list...JG is still on the list but his car is not going.

Most of the Competitors are from the OH/IN/MI area, go figure, and a few from TN and east coast which I hear is slow as hell because they don't have wings!!! :lol:

Funny thing is that the Maximum Motorsports Shop car isn't listed or any of the BIG Kali names....

AIX has a decent list of about 10 and CMC may have 15-18 cars.

Wonder if I should start emergency plan alpha and give this some more thought? Anyone else see an opportunity due to way low car counts for a national event???? :shock:

donovan
08-24-2006, 04:19 PM
If I had the funds I would be there...

If you need anything to make it happen, let me know... I could loan you some wheels, I have two 10x10 shades, and other stuff...

David D.

AI#97
08-24-2006, 05:21 PM
If I had the funds I would be there...

If you need anything to make it happen, let me know... I could loan you some wheels, I have two 10x10 shades, and other stuff...

David D.

I am going to try and fall off the fence tonight....my heart keeps saying Go for it!!! My conscience is telling me stay home and take care of business. I had an offer today for some money that was a little shady as part of a business deal but I could accept it if it were for a sponsorship deal!!! I guess I could rationalize anything at this point!?

Oh the f'n agony of it all!!! :lol:

donovan
08-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Well, we need someone up there... go for it...

Give me a call if you want. Cell (512) Five six zero - Five six three two.

I really don't have much to offer for help, other than Wheels, Shade, Large Cooler, Tools, etc... just let me know if you need to borrow anything.

I do have a new set of Toyo's 4/32... I wanted to save them for Houston, but if you need them we might be able to work something out. I also have a new set of GAC Hoosiers you could buy from me for testing if needed.

David D.

dirwin
08-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Matt,

The list is far from up to date. Spencer and I are going. I know I am know competition, but Spencer talked to Maximum (he raced with them at Willow) and they will be there. The CA guys are just now starting to sign up. Hell, I signed up last Thursday and didn't make the list.

From what they are guessing there will be over 40 AI's when it is said and done. You need to come and make it 41! Bodywork is easy.

Dave

AI#97
08-24-2006, 09:08 PM
alright, who had the bright idea of putting OHIO on the EAST side of indiana?! :lol: Guess I should have gone back and looked at my elementary geography book!

Cheapest I can figure for the trip there and back is about $4500 and knowing I am usually 20% short, WAY too much money to blow as well as the vacation time. I think my ass will thank me for not driving 2400 miles.

I would love to go do this but just not this year. Maybe next year...

I might however figure out a way to go and watch the final couple days though and hang out/help out those TX guys brave enough to make the trek. That I can do but I might just have to sleep in the rental car/minivan?!!!

GlennCMC70
08-24-2006, 09:10 PM
John just posted today that he was going. confused.

GlennCMC70
08-24-2006, 09:17 PM
$4500!!!!????!!!!
wow, i set aside $2K and am now being offered an extra $1K in assistance from a long time friend and sponsor. i figure its $800-$850 round trip in fuel for the truck and the race car will take that to $1K. the other $1K should cover food and walmart trips fr the week. planning on staying @ the track, so no hotel.
wow, $4500?? :?

macstang
08-24-2006, 10:13 PM
I just happen to be traveling to Indiana for work the weekend prior. I sure hope it doesnt fall through since it is the end of year and the budget is always an issue.

AI#97
08-25-2006, 08:48 AM
$4500!!!!????!!!!
wow, i set aside $2K and am now being offered an extra $1K in assistance from a long time friend and sponsor. i figure its $800-$850 round trip in fuel for the truck and the race car will take that to $1K. the other $1K should cover food and walmart trips fr the week. planning on staying @ the track, so no hotel.
wow, $4500?? :?

Yep Glenn, that includes another set of tires, a spare nose for the expect "off" in practice, full set of brake pads, fuel there, hotel 1 night up and 1 night back, food at the track for 6 days, 80 gallons in fuel for the car which might not be enough...remember 40 minute races!, entry fee, MO school and practice days, $150 for the truck, two additional spares for the trailer, $150 for miscellaneous shop supplies and oil......somewhere along the way, that hits $4500 and I can tell you that probably isn't enough. Like I said, if I am making the trip, it isn't to go up there and dick around, it's a championship effort. I just can't justify spending that kind of money right now for ONE RACE.

JG is going as a spectator.... I am considering flying into indianapolis, renting an SUV and driving over and camping at the track. On the way back I can visit family in Indy.....

GlennCMC70
08-25-2006, 08:56 AM
wow, and i thought i was overkill w/ bringing a spare hub, rotor, old fuel pump, and 2 sets of tires.
of the options of go big or go home, i would rather just go and not worry about the big part.

i'm just really disapointed to see that not one single AI car will be making the trip from TX.

mitchntx
08-25-2006, 08:58 AM
of the options of go big or go home, i would rather just go and not worry about the big part.

It's like I don't even know you any more ....

http://sockthing.blogs.com/squidge/Cat%20Suprised.jpg

gt40
08-25-2006, 09:08 AM
I am considering flying into indianapolis, renting an SUV and driving over and camping at the track. On the way back I can visit family in Indy.....LT and I are doing just that, only we'll be working some of the races. Hope to see you there...

gt40
08-25-2006, 09:13 AM
i'm just really disapointed to see that not one single AI car will be making the trip from TX.I'd love to, but:
I don't think you want me representing Texas AI.
As always, money is an issue. I'd do the trip for a lot less than $4500, but it wouldn't be a balls-out effort. (More like a "We made it! Hope nothing breaks..." effort.)
The car's in a fairly deranged state right now with -10 degrees of camber, 2" of toe-in, and an out-of-square K-member. (Ask LT -- the car looks like something from a Rat Fink cartoon.)

I will be there, working the races and doing as much spectating as my schedule allows.

dirwin
08-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Matt,

Spencer and I will both be racing. We are staying in town, if you are coming and need a place to camp at the track we are bringing the 48 foot with the living quarters and you are welcome to it.

Dave

AI#97
08-25-2006, 10:23 AM
wow, and i thought i was overkill w/ bringing a spare hub, rotor, old fuel pump, and 2 sets of tires.

i'm just really disapointed to see that not one single AI car will be making the trip from TX.

I already have THOSE spares in the trailer as well as spare axles, spindles, hubs, and the gambit of spares I carry to TX events. The thing is I would hate to go up there, have an issue in practice and spend the week as a spectator. You have to be prepared for ANYTHING and that includes loss of tires on the trailer on the way up. Ask Wayne Manor about a trip to colorado he made where he lost 4 trailer tires....

I applaud those that are going and are prepared for it to make a serious effort for the event. I just hope you guys don't shortchange yourselves by going up there "on wing and a prayer" just to go and then get disappointed by some small mishap that you didn't plan for. This is a big trip calling for a big effort so plan ahead and buddy up for spares! You are going to need it.

Dave, I might take you up on that offer and will help earn my keep by being a pit rat those couple days if need be! I will see if I can tie down a flight this weekend.

GlennCMC70
08-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Matt,

Spencer and I will both be racing. We are staying in town, if you are coming and need a place to camp at the track we are bringing the 48 foot with the living quarters and you are welcome to it.

Dave

i know i drive a GM, but i'll be planning to sleep @ the track. (hint, hint) :wink:

i planned to sleep in my trailer till i was just told we cant "camp" where we have to park our trailers and race cars. :roll:

GlennCMC70
08-25-2006, 10:42 AM
you can "what if" yourself to death, i'll be in Mid Ohio doing what i can.

ya know Matt, the other side of the coin is you could go, everything will go perfect, and you will have fun. there will be plenty of people who will help you and you would help us if something happend. its not like they do not sell ford parts in Ohio. its 2 20 minute sessions each day thursday till saturday - then sunday its a single 40. the other 3 days are up to you.

i'm done trying to get you to go, i just dont get your thought process sometimes.

AI#97
08-25-2006, 12:06 PM
you can "what if" yourself to death, i'll be in Mid Ohio doing what i can.

ya know Matt, the other side of the coin is you could go, everything will go perfect, and you will have fun. there will be plenty of people who will help you and you would help us if something happend. its not like they do not sell ford parts in Ohio. its 2 20 minute sessions each day thursday till saturday - then sunday its a single 40. the other 3 days are up to you.

i'm done trying to get you to go, i just dont get your thought process sometimes.

The thought process is "don't do anything half assed"....because in MY case and history, it never works and something explodes and ruins the experience. Some people are lucky...I unfortunately am usually unlucky and the weirdest shit happens which just tweaks me...

I am going to do the family thing and take the wife on a vacation instead....I need to gain back some brownie points anyway! :wink:

dirwin
08-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Glenn,

We can easily fit 3 cars under our trailer awning and I don't mind a GM at all (maybe if we leave them alone one night they will produce a bad ass car by morning). I have no idea where they are going to make us park, but if you want to use our living quarters and trailer as Texas central come on. I am bringing 4 techs so taking on a 3rd car will be no problem. My casa, you casa, my box, you box. That goes for anyone going from Texas.

We are leaving for the track on the 9th and I am going to run the Mid Ohio School Monday, test Tuesday and Wednesday, practice with NASA Thursday and run the weekend so we will be there probably before you. I will PM you with all our cell numbers and we will save you a spot.

Dave

GlennCMC70
08-25-2006, 04:04 PM
maybee we could circle the wagons (trailers) in a U shape covering all of our padock spacc (mine, yours, Jeff B's Boudy's, Nick R, Adam, Todd if we can all get in a row, cover the middle open space w/ taps and canopys and we will be looking like some Grand Am team or something! we should be there sunday afternoon.
sounds like a plan.

dirwin
08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Works with me. Sounds like we will probably all be getting there around the same time.

We are not bringing the fox body, but if anyone needs some spares for a fox tell me and I will bring what I can fit.

Can't help much on the GM, but anything else I will try and bring.

Dave

mitchntx
08-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Dave,

I'm working an A/V job in Indianapolis the week prior and have found a ride from Indy to the track.

You got room in a corner somewhere for me to throw out my bed roll?

I used to own a 68 Mustang and still own a 93 Bronco. I understand putting distributors in front instead of in the transmission ...

Is that enough "suck-up"?

dirwin
08-26-2006, 06:57 AM
Mitch,

Like I said, whatever I have, the guys from Texas have. I don't care what they drive. The living quarters in the 48' are not that big, but 3 guys could sleep in it it one doesn't mind the floor. Now inside the trailer is a different deal, if you bring a cots that will sleep 10+.

I am serious, whatever I bring that someone needs, just come on with it.

Dave

mitchntx
08-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Dave ... very kind offer.

I appreciate it. Also glad you can see through the thick veil of BS most of us are encased in.