PDA

View Full Version : 4 ENKEI SILVER PFO1's 18x9.5 w/TOYO RA1's $600.

Madmustang
12-19-2013, 11:41 PM
These whls are perfect for AI, SPEC AI for a S197 used 2 seasons, light scratches 45mm offset.
The tires in my opinion are used up, but others I know could still get a season out of them LOL!
I will have them at Houston, first $600. takes em.

Mark cell# 214-587-7553

Suck fumes
12-20-2013, 01:18 AM
How much do they weigh? Is there a place to attach a spacer to it lol!

Madmustang
12-20-2013, 03:15 PM
20.35 lbs each, that's straight of the Enkei website, I'm a dealer. Whats the deal with the spacers, I've read something on the forum? I use them without spacers and they are well within the AI track width rule.

marshall_mosty
12-20-2013, 08:27 PM
20.35 lbs each, that's straight of the Enkei website, I'm a dealer. Whats the deal with the spacers, I've read something on the forum? I use them without spacers and they are well within the AI track width rule.

It's about what Aaron did with Enkei's to meet CMC rule requirements...

Madmustang
12-21-2013, 12:05 AM
Thanks Marshall, I thought it was something silly.

marshall_mosty
12-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks Marshall, I thought it was something silly.
Based on the crap Aaron received on the CMC National forums, it qualifies as something silly... :)

Suck fumes
12-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Yah it was all your fault buddy lol!

marshall_mosty
12-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Just putting AI thought into a CMC loophole... Ask Michael about his first battery box and the rule that they changes as a result.

RichardP
12-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Based on the crap Aaron received on the CMC National forums, it qualifies as something silly... :)

Definitely silly. Unfortunately, a valid question. Is it legal to add a 6 pound spacer to these wheels and use them in Spec Iron...

Richard P.

Suck fumes
12-22-2013, 01:31 PM
It'll be legal until someone sees it and throws a Whiney fit about it. You would be better off putting an aluminum spacer on it as that's what the CMC rule says and you wouldn't have to change anything later if the rule is adopted but you won't be able to make an aluminum spacer weigh 6 pds unless its huge! With a 45mm offset it wouldn't work.

marshall_mosty
12-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Richard,
There equal ambiguity of the SI rules as there are with the CMC rules. I'd say that it would be legal as it's part of the wheel and cannot be separated. There isn't a mention of a "spec" wheel, or way to get up to the minimum weight.

RichardP
12-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Richard,
There equal ambiguity of the SI rules as there are with the CMC rules. I'd say that it would be legal as it's part of the wheel and cannot be separated. There isn't a mention of a "spec" wheel, or way to get up to the minimum weight.

The CMC rules now spell it out. The SI rules don't. The "cannot be separated" is a steaming pile of stupid. Multi-piece wheels are allowed. Two or three pieces that are bolted together are fine, unless it's centered around the hub??? Not relevant to me. I just hate ambiguous, unenforceable, or outright stupid rules...

Richard P.

Suck fumes
12-23-2013, 12:40 PM
You're preaching to the choir buddy haha. I've tried to make sense of some of these rules in my head but it just results in a headache.

AI#97
12-23-2013, 12:59 PM
I am going to do some research and see if these will fit our Subaru. I think the S197 offset works a little better and might allow us to mount 275's under this car which will pretty much be retarded and allow ludicrous speed! LOL! Mark, I'll let you know before Houston. You have any pictures to show how much wear and tear they have suffered over time?

Madmustang
12-24-2013, 03:49 PM
I looked for some pictures, but can't find any, they are down at the MSR-H shop on my car, still scrambling to have everything ready for the race. If I remember correctly each wheel has 1 or 2 small scratches, they clean up nice.