PDA

View Full Version : My new crack pipe

jdlingle
01-01-2014, 12:15 PM
The racing itch had been getting stronger and stronger, and I just wasn't able to fight it anymore. The circle track truck idea never worked out, and that crowd is nothing like a NASA group either so I wasn't all that concerned when it didn't work out. A little scouting around the Houston area revealed a karting track 30 minutes from my house that allows me unlimited track time for the price of one NASA weekend, as well as a 16-20 race schedule as well. There's also karting tracks in Dallas, Denton, and New Orleans that host SKUSA events if I get the urge to travel, but I definitely am not ready for that speed wise yet.

I'll be racing in the TaG Masters class, and its very competitive from all indications so far. The kart is a 34h two stroke motor (rental karts are about 9hp). Tuning a kart is NOTHING like a muscle car, so I am having to learn an entire new driving and tuning style.

I will still be hanging around the local NASA events, so you guys haven't gotten rid of me yet! I'm hoping to find someone needing another driver for a Chump or Lemons car effort so that I can still get my big car fix as well, so if anyone knows of anything or needs another driver let me know.

Here are some pics of the kart (and my pit crew):

AllZWay
01-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Very cool... I bet it is a lot of fun.

jdlingle
01-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Very cool... I bet it is a lot of fun.

VERY fun! 75-80 mph with your butt an inch above the ground is a very good sensation of speed. It is so much more physical than driving a sports car though. I've got to get in bette shape, the kart was driving me the last couple of sessions!:p

David Love AI27
01-11-2014, 10:56 AM
Talk to JK... we both know a Karting guy in the area... His name is David Frey, he opened the new burger joint in front of the bowling alley in Tomball

jdlingle
01-11-2014, 01:56 PM
He must have been at the track a lot, because it took them forever to open that place up! :)

I will look him up. Just signed up for a street race in Lockhart in March: http://www.lonestargrandprix.us/

JMR81
01-11-2014, 08:08 PM
too bad the SWRA is no more. Racing the 125's on the same tracks we run the cars is a blast. Easier on the ol body too