PDA

View Full Version : NASA TX 2006 Banquet

marshall_mosty
08-24-2006, 08:16 PM
??? Is there going to be one??? Dallas, Waco, Austin, Las Vegas???

Todd????? you there?

AI#97
08-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Where ever it is going to be there better be an ambulance and plenty of beer on hand! It could get really ugly! :lol:

jeffburch
09-20-2006, 11:12 AM
Me/Bev nominate Poppa Rollos Pizza on Valley Mills in Waco.
Mom/Pop shop with real pizza and great beers.

They have party rooms if I recall.
jb

GlennCMC70
09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Where ever it is going to be there better be an ambulance and plenty of beer on hand! It could get really ugly! :lol:

yep, a GM 1, 2, 3 would do that to the blue oval types.

hows that go...... i kid, i kid? :?

Adam Ginsberg
09-20-2006, 11:28 AM
2003, it was in College Station ( restaurant near TWS ).
2004, it was in Waco/Hewitt ( 5.0 Resto ).
2005, it was in College Station again ( Wings 'N' More ).

Time to bring it north. This year, it needs to be held in Dallas.

Boudy
09-20-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm in for Vegas. If that falls apart, I wouldn't mind it up North.

Boudy

GlennCMC70
09-20-2006, 12:13 PM
i wouldnt mind Waco as its in the middle. but once out of 3 years it needs to be held in Dallas.

jeffburch
09-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, since the top 3 in CMC ARE up here I vote for DFW as well.

jb

Mike Bell
09-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Well, since the top 3 in CMC ARE up here I vote for DFW as well.

jb

Well, I'm fired up for a 3 hour drive to DFW now! Oh wait, wife just called and wants me to stick around and help her pick out curtains..... :shock:

Seriously, I hope to make this year's meeting and properly congratulate all the winners - no matter what they drive.

donovan
09-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Austin is central and has lots of entertainment!

macstang
09-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Is this a NASA TX dinner, or AICMC Texas dinner?

Very important to me cuz either way, it wont be in Mississippi.

donovan
09-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Is this a NASA TX dinner, or AICMC Texas dinner?

Very important to me cuz either way, it wont be in Mississippi.

AICMC Texas!

Waco Racer
09-20-2006, 01:24 PM

jb

OH HELL YEAH! If you ever need to plan anything in Waco, I have connections.

I do agree that the big 3 (DFW, Houston, Austin) should host from time to time.

gt40
09-20-2006, 01:42 PM

jb

OH HELL YEAH! If you ever need to plan anything in Waco, I have connections.

I do agree that the big 3 (DFW, Houston, Austin) should host from time to time.Nah -- I think we should all meet on neutral territory -- The Bahamas! ;)

CMC17
09-20-2006, 03:33 PM

yep, a GM 1, 2, 3 would do that to the blue oval types.

hows that go...... i kid, i kid? :?

You'z gotz it all wrong with the Blue Oval guys. We are a caring and giving bunch. We decided that it would be nice to let the mentally challenged win once in a while, otherwise it's borderline abuse. :D

* Oh and it goes I kiiiiiid, I kiiiiiid 8)

Looking forward to spanking the National #2 and #3 off the podium in Oct. Even AG too if he shows up. <please direct your eyes to the '*')

CMC17
09-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Seriously though. Whichever place is being decided on, one major factor is if they have a kick arse system like Wings'n'More has in their party room.

If not, I can stop working on the 2006 video. (this leads me into another discussion for a new topic)

jeffburch
10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
So, is it D/FW?
It the fund paying for it.
I nominate CL as Banquet Director because he lives in the area and has the purse strings of the fund.
Does anyone know of a suitable place?
If we don't get this going W&M in CS will get it by default.
Where's a leader when you need one?!

jb

jeffburch
10-09-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm gonna do some calling around.
Dave & Busters and the like.
Anyone have any suggestions here in D/FW?
Need a head count as well.
Buffet or order individually?
BYOB probably hard to find.
Pizza?
Wing Joint?
Italian?
Cheap?

Me + Bev =2

Pile one here folks!

jb

ps

If I don't get help here we'll end up at Chucky Cheese or back in C.S. & W-n-M.

cjlmlml
10-09-2006, 11:48 AM
The fund has $620 in it.

GlennCMC70
10-09-2006, 12:02 PM
buffet would be best.
Italian is my vote.
Chinees buffets are always a good choise. andf they usually have a "party room". i think the entertainment system would be an issue.

just ramdom thoughts.

GlennCMC70
10-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Me + 3 (includes 2 kids 4 & 1).

CMC17
10-09-2006, 01:04 PM
The entertainment center like what WnM has is a must. I don't think everyone wants to huddle around a laptop to watch videos with a drive-through speaker for sound. :lol:

I'm game for where ever, but it MUST have a decent system!!!!!!

oz98cobra
10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I have a suggestion for a venue that should be right up our alley - Speedzone in Dallas!

It has everything we need - party room with A/V, catering in our price range, it's a reasonably central location with hotels close by (right in the middle of DFW on the I35E) - and best of all it has race cars for us to play in before and/or after our banquet! :twisted:

http://www.speedzone.com/dallas/groups.html

AI#97
10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
I have a suggestion for a venue that should be right up our alley - Speedzone in Dallas!

It has everything we need - party room with A/V, catering in our price range, it's a reasonably central location with hotels close by (right in the middle of DFW on the I35E) - and best of all it has race cars for us to play in before and/or after our banquet! :twisted:

http://www.speedzone.com/dallas/groups.html

2nd and 3rd this!! Our Autox awards ceremony was there a couple years ago and it was great!

jeffburch
10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Homies,
I will try to attend a complimentary open house at SpeedZone this Thursday from 5-8p (Stemmons/Dallas).
I have spoken with Edith Martinez about a possible party for us.
I have a .pdf (menu,rates,etc) from her I will post here this eve.
Anyone wishing to get some comp time/beer and discuss plans are welcome to attend.

I here you EV. I know how important a bling A/V system is.
D&B's screen is 9'x12' but Dec. is booked.
Have these banquets been in January in the past?
Also, Chris and Sharon are bird-doggin places as well.
Me and Bev are checking out Big Apple Cafe near D/FW airport tonite as a poss. place. Mmm, NY pizza and beers! <Burp>
Thanks for any/all support/help.

jb

Mike Bell
10-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure what type of A/V stuff needed but I can lend my projector (loves a white wall for a screen) and if DD has his speakers/laptop it might not be that critical. :?:

Obviously Dolby type surround sound 8 ft speakers would be better for the upcoming EV 2006 recap video but, if we're in a pinch............

Besides, an excuse to drink beer and race karts? Slam dunk IMHO! :lol:

GlennCMC70
10-09-2006, 05:34 PM
why cant we have this in early Nov? anytime before Turkey Day would be fine w/ me.

CMC17
10-09-2006, 07:00 PM
why cant we have this in early Nov? anytime before Turkey Day would be fine w/ me.

I wouldn't mind that at all, but the video won't be ready by then since a lot of the raw footage/media/downloads/DVD's will be delivered/transferred at the next event.

Maybe the end of Nov? But, that's Thanksgiving. I will do what I can. :D

JB: got the package today. Thx dude!!! /cheers

GlennCMC70
10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
do you want me to mail you a copy of my in-car from Mid Ohio? or are you just using regional footage?
if so, what format?

CMC17
10-09-2006, 07:37 PM
do you want me to mail you a copy of my in-car from Mid Ohio? or are you just using regional footage?
if so, what format?

I won't turn any footage down. :D

DVD/CD<mpeg/AVI/wmv> I will PM you my address if you want to send 'em on this way. :)

GlennCMC70
10-09-2006, 08:58 PM
you have to promise you wont "study" it to be used against me, you cant hook it to some audio device that "hears" RPM and computes it, and you must use all 37 minutes in your year in review 40 minute vid.

:wink:

jeffburch
10-09-2006, 09:00 PM
All, there was an attached .pdf to this that I will link to later.
Can't upload to Texican at the moment for some reason.
==========================================
Jeffrey,
I would like to thank you for considering SpeedZone as an option for your group's event. I have attached our event planner kit for your review. You will want to choose from our entertainment, meals and meeting space options.

While our attached "SpeedZone Planner" provides detailed descriptions here is a brief overview.

Entertainment
All of our entertainment at SpeedZone operates with attraction cards.

Our attraction cards are credit card size cards that operate all of our games, racing and miniature golf. We have two different options for our cards.

1. Unlimited Race and Play: These are our best value cards and are only available through our group sales. Your guests can enjoy unlimited racing, game play and miniature golf during the time period that you designate. This includes over 100 video/simulator games, our 3 Indy style race tracks as well as our "Top Eliminator" dragsters and our two 18 hole miniature golf courses.

2 hours unlimited $34.95 per person
3 hours unlimited $39.95 per person
4 hours unlimited $49.95 per person
(Unlimited play cards are not valid for ticket redemption and derby owners club games.)

2. Monetary: you decide the amount of money you would like to put on each card, then we add a 20% bonus on top at no extra charge to you. (e.g. $25 purchase = $30 play card, $30 purchase = $36 play card) these cards act as a debit card deducting the amount of each attraction as the guest uses it.

The cost for our games and racing varies:
Video/Simulator Games are anywhere from .75 to $2.50
Grand Prix - $3.00 first lap $2.00 each additional lap
Our miniature golf is $5.00 per round (18 holes)
Turbo Track - $ 7.00 per race
Slick Track - $7.00 per race
Top Eliminator Dragsters - $12.00 for three runs

Food and Beverage
Attached you will find our menus and beverage options. Our catering department can provide everything from appetizers and picnic style spreads to elegant seated meals. With your catering or buffet purchase we will provide a 2 hour complimentary private room. We offer beverage service by consumption, per person or per drink, this includes homemade tea, lemonade, soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. We have our full services cafe bar as well as private bar set ups for event rooms.

Meeting Space
We have private meeting and event spaces that can accommodate groups of up to 200 people. These rooms may be set in a variety of styles to meet your group's dining and event needs. Additional group meeting space may be reserved upon availability.

If you have any questions, require additional information or to book your group's event, please feel free to contact me at 972-247-7223 ext. 7139.
Sincerely,
Edith Martinez
Sales Manager
SPEEDZONE DALLAS
11130 Malibu Drive
Dallas, TX 75229
972.247.7223 ext. 7139
972.247.1581 fax
www.palaceentertainment.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone and delete this file.

AI#97
10-10-2006, 08:56 AM

Early november still had a few Driver's edge events and the SCMC event....end of the month is thanksgiving.... I would say first weekend in december wouldn't be too bad as it would likely fall before the office Xmas party season for others.

Speedzone is a great venue but the room might be a little small. They can always block off the outside patio and if need be, I can bring in the small receiver and speakers for sound if MB brings the projector!

jeffburch
10-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Any takers on the open house???
RSVP here through me TODAY.
========================

Jeffrey,
My name is Edith Martinez, I am a Corporate Sales Manager at SpeedZone.
Earlier, you had emailed us requesting information about our facility.
Now that you are familiar with our facility, I would like to extend an
invitation to you and your colleagues. SpeedZone will be hosting a
Open House on Thursday, October 12 from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
We will have cocktails, appetizers, and entertainment for your
enjoyment. I look forward to having you present. Please contact me by the end
of the day Tuesday to RSVP.
Thank you,
Edith Martinez
Sales Manager
SPEEDZONE DALLAS
11130 Malibu Drive
Dallas, TX 75229
972.247.7223 ext. 7139
972.247.1581 fax
www.palaceentertainment.com
NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this
communication is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain
confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone and delete this file.

GlennCMC70
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM

Early november still had a few Driver's edge events and the SCMC event....end of the month is thanksgiving.... I would say first weekend in december wouldn't be too bad as it would likely fall before the office Xmas party season for others.

sounds like you are placing a D.E. (HPDE) event as a higher priority than the banquet. not sure why. :?
the problem w/ waiting is the X-mas party's. places that are worth having it @ are booking up. November should be wide open.

jeffburch
10-10-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm already finding December a problem.
Dave and Buster's is booked.
My wifes party is Dec. 8.
Nov is too early in my opinion plus I don't think any special order trophy stuff will be ready that soon.
Believe this (banquet) has taken place in January in the past.
Is SpeedZone too small? Dunno.
Somebody look at a calendar and do a poll please.
jb

AI#97
10-10-2006, 01:21 PM
sounds like you are placing a D.E. (HPDE) event as a higher priority than the banquet. not sure why. :? .

Because many of us are instructing at those events and have already made our committments... Had this been arranged for earlier, we might not have this conflict....

cjlmlml
10-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I may not have my 2 DVD collectors set finished by then , but I will try and get it ready.

donovan
10-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I may not have my 2 DVD collectors set finished by then , but I will try and get it ready.

Your video from the Back of the Pack should be good!

cjlmlml
10-10-2006, 04:54 PM
You can go F , DD, HAHAHA

I am working on my

BEHIND THE GLORY 2006

The Story of Glenn Landrum

oz98cobra
10-10-2006, 04:58 PM
BTW, I haven't dealt with them directly, but I know a couple people who have, and Speedzone can be haggled with over entertainment pricing for a group like ours, so if we pursue this, whoever is doing the negotiating, be sure to push for lower prices.

GlennCMC70
10-10-2006, 05:39 PM
BEHIND THE GLORY 2006

The Story of Glenn Landrum

Chris Lyons is my love child. i loved myself and he is the end result.
by the way Chris, let Lou know i gave you permission to use him for the remainder of the year. have him come over to your Motorsports complex and pimp yo ride. yaaaa, pimp it up! (in my best German accent)

jeffburch
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM
Yaaa, and tings of dis natecha.

jb

Mike Bell
10-11-2006, 05:59 AM
Anyone heard from Todd on this topic? I'd like to know what his plans or preferences are regarding the when and where of the meeting.

Yo Covini, you out there??

cjlmlml
10-11-2006, 08:32 AM
A motorsports complex. That would be sweet.

GlennCMC70
10-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Anyone heard from Todd on this topic? I'd like to know what his plans or preferences are regarding the when and where of the meeting.

Yo Covini, you out there??

Where oh where are you tonigt
Why did you leave me here all alone
I searched till i thought i found a director,
You met another and them you were ....ppppthtthththththtthth!

AI#97
10-11-2006, 12:06 PM
isn't todd in alaska? Maybe he's frozen to something up there and can't respond....?

GlennCMC70
10-11-2006, 12:56 PM
isn't todd in alaska? Maybe he's frozen to something up there and can't respond....?

i can see it now.
"Hey Mr Covini, touch your tounge to this pole!"

jeffburch
10-12-2006, 08:30 PM
So, I meet up with the sweetie pies at SpeedZone.
There are two rooms to choose from. The smaller, nicer room has many monitors as well as a big screen front projector. Just like a sports bar.
With the pool table in there it can get small if we have more than 30 peeps.
They can take the pool table out if we need more room. The other room is bigger but is just a room, that's it. Bland.

Please see poll for choices of buffet.

The party room is complimentary for 2 hours. I told them we would prolly need more time as TC is long winded. They said they were flexible on that.

They have discounts group rates on the entertainment (cards).
I will follow very soon on those prices.

Thanks for your attention,

jb

http://www.speedzone.com/dallas/index.html

P.S. There is also a bungee jumping facility adjacent to these guys.
Several different kinds including what looks like a bungee sofa with several seats side-by-side.
Not to mention, this is the area of Dallas that has all the places with the dancing girls (Old San Francisco Steak House and Hooters). :wink: :wink:

marshall_mosty
10-12-2006, 11:26 PM
P.S. ...Not to mention, this is the area of Dallas that has all the places with the dancing girls (Old San Francisco Steak House and Hooters). :wink: :wink:

Do you mean the "establishments" directly behind those... not that I've ever been, of course. 8)

mitchntx
10-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Jeff/Bev ...

Let me be the first to say

Thank You

for taking the lead on this and getting it organized.

8)

michaelmosty
10-13-2006, 10:15 AM
Agreed, THANK YOU for getting this orgainzed.
Jeff,
Did you work out a deal with the manager so we don't get kicked out for "overly-aggressive" driving on the go-cart tracks? :oops:
I think we'll have to start a new thread after the season is over for go-cart smack talk. :D
(Corey, there is no grass on the cart tracks to pass on. :cry: )

AI#97
10-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Agreed, THANK YOU for getting this orgainzed.
Jeff,
Did you work out a deal with the manager so we don't get kicked out for "overly-aggressive" driving on the go-cart tracks? :oops:
I think we'll have to start a new thread after the season is over for go-cart smack talk. :D
(Corey, there is no grass on the cart tracks to pass on. :cry: )

I would say negotiate a deal on the grand prix track first....that is more like what we are into!!! I held a record there for a while till some 90lb chinese guy beat it! :x

jeffburch
10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
I think they changed cars on that track.
I wasn't impressed. They have about 6" of ground clearence.
Looked like to yerf-dog derivative of a mini open wheel car.
Slick track or turbo track will prolly be the ones.
Wish the sidewinder (2 seat turbo) had pedals on 1 side and steering wheel on the other. That would be fun.

Regardless, I'm drinking that nite. Plus those things have no caster and will wear your ass out! Oh, my elbows.

jb

AllZWay
10-13-2006, 01:54 PM
The slick track is the fun one. It is fun to do a Drifting contest the entire track. Times be dayumed. :D

AI#97
10-13-2006, 02:30 PM
I think they changed cars on that track.
I wasn't impressed. They have about 6" of ground clearence.
Looked like to yerf-dog derivative of a mini open wheel car.
Slick track or turbo track will prolly be the ones.
Wish the sidewinder (2 seat turbo) had pedals on 1 side and steering wheel on the other. That would be fun.

Regardless, I'm drinking that nite. Plus those things have no caster and will wear your ass out! Oh, my elbows.

jb

They are actually pretty fun and very fast! I might have an advantage because after my fat butt gets in one, it only has 3" of ground clearance! :wink:

Todd Covini
10-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Jeff & all...
Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this!!! I've always been big on a karting or other activity for our banquet. (Seems like in the past there were a few concerns that it would be too tiring to try and do it all...but I'm all for it and think we can work it into the evening's activities. Heck...let's try and do 2-3 heat races to get some eliminations toward a "championship race". I think there are probably a bunch of non-racers who think they can beat the regular AICMC drivers. Bring it on!!!

Jeff...let's talk this week and try to firm things up. Dallas is a natural location for this year given that we've done it in College Station and Austin before. We've seen Annual Banquets in November and in January. (Last year the Texas and the West Coast banquets were both in January. Personally, I like it better because after all the holiday parties it's cool to have a low key nite without all the formalities.)

Even with my long-windedness...we'll need every bit of 2 hours to cover our usual stuff. I can start putting the agenda together but I know between season recap, rules discussion, 2007 racing preview AND the World Premier Video...we're using 2 hours.

Soooo...let's run with Dallas in January and Jeff B, Chris L. and I will take the lead in making it happen!

Todd Covini

jeffburch
10-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Here is the pdf promised http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/SpeedZone%20Planner.pdf

So, Burgers and dogs on Saturday January 13 it is huh?
Banquet room from 6pm to 8-830pm or so (TC, awards and videos).
Need more rsvp's please (email jb)

Now we must discuss the 1st Annual AICMCTX Team Race format.
We need ideas.
Which track? Slick, Turbo (1 seater or Two), or Grand Prix.
Todd mentioned teams with driver changes and such.
Teams of 2 or 4 or what?
I'm thinking 2 seaters with the ride along being a lap counter/official.
Ford team vs. GM team?
Austin vs. DFW vs. Houston?

jb

Mike Bell
10-26-2006, 07:18 AM
JB,

Respectfully - I ain't riding in nobody's cart. :lol:
One seaters for me please.
If you give TC 2.5 hours to talk, he'll use it all. :wink:
Videos, awards, karting and burgers - it all sounds good to me!

MB

AllZWay
10-26-2006, 07:59 AM
Jeff... It is hard to predict the future that far out....but I am sure I will attend as of now.

CMC17
10-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Just to confirm what type of A/V system will be available to us.

Big widescreen flat panel TV? Size?
Audio sound system?
Speakers?
DVD player?

Burgers and dogs... yummy! :D
Slick track for me (power to weight not high enough to run with you "thin" guys on the other tracks). 8)
Listening to TC for hours - priceless :shock: 8) :lol:

CMC17
10-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Jeff... It is hard to predict the future that far out....but I am sure I will attend as of now.

Hope to see you there, James.

Should be a lot of fun with emphasis on FUN and not so much on politics. ;)

AllZWay
10-26-2006, 08:19 AM

Hope to see you there, James.

Should be a lot of fun with emphasis on FUN and not so much on politics. ;)

Thanks Eric... I figure it would be fun just to hang out and listen to everyone's stories and maybe get in on the cart racing too. :lol:

jeffburch
10-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Big widescreen flat panel TV? Size? BIG projector + smaller ones around room
Audio sound system? Yes
Speakers? Yes
DVD player? Yes
Should be a mic as well.

Think Sports Bar.

jb

CMC17
10-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Big widescreen flat panel TV? Size? BIG projector + smaller ones around room