PDA

View Full Version : Track Alignment

Rsmith350
01-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Didn't have time to take the car to the dealership for an alignment. I need a volunteer to help me do a track side alignment on Friday!

BryanL
01-12-2014, 07:37 PM
Just get the same app on your phone that randy uses on my car and you will be good. Though I suggest toe out instead of in.
If that is all you have left then it can get aligned at the track.

Rsmith350
01-12-2014, 09:25 PM
App? You lost me....

ShadowBolt
01-13-2014, 09:16 AM
App? You lost me....
Nyquil induced.

JJ

Casey_SS
01-13-2014, 12:02 PM
I got you covered Ross. I'll have toe plates and a camber gauge (iPhone). Just go ahead and max out the caster on both sides before you load it on the trailer and I'll help you set the camber and toe at the track.

BryanL
01-13-2014, 12:14 PM
Yesterday was first day without Nyquil since Tuesday-I love that stuff. I'll have as gauge and toe plates. App-would be "application" or program that you purchase on your phone. Randy aligned my car with his phone under the stars at Hallett.

Rob Liebbe
01-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Yesterday was first day without Nyquil since Tuesday-I love that stuff. I'll have as gauge and toe plates. App-would be "application" or program that you purchase on your phone. Randy aligned my car with his phone under the stars at Hallett.
Was that alignment before or after you almost hit the café, or was it before or after you hit the tire wall? Just curious. ;)

Rsmith350
01-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I got you covered Ross. I'll have toe plates and a camber gauge (iPhone). Just go ahead and max out the caster on both sides before you load it on the trailer and I'll help you set the camber and toe at the track.
Anyone have the name of the app?

Casey_SS
01-13-2014, 05:45 PM
There are several. The one I use is called Clinometer. The app is the easy part - they're all mostly just angle finders you can zero against the section of ground the tire will sit on when you measure it. The hard(er) part is getting an accurate measurement with just a wheel and a hand-held gauge. You need a repeatable way of referencing the gauge to the wheel. I use the frame from an old camber/caster gauge that went kaput and just use my phone in place of the old gauge.