PDA

View Full Version : United Auto Parts

ShadowBolt
02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
I just ordered the front bumper (reinforcement bar), front bumper cover, Absorber (Styrofoam), and a header panel for $140.00! They don't care if you are a shop or not (like some places). The rear bumper cover is higher at $140.00 by itself but I may patch the one on the car. I don't know what I will do about the hood yet but a new one from United is only $135.00! They do not carry the side scoop. These are not quality parts for your street car (but I guess some shops must use them) but for a race car I don't know why you would pay more..........

JJ

y5e06
02-04-2014, 03:44 PM
I just picked up two new front fenders for $95 each from them, 2 weeks ago. look pretty good. the fit was/is mostly OK except my hood to fender gaps are WAY too tight on both sides now. factory fenders were no issue.
before this purchase, i could only find firebird fenders on craigslist and all were used & damaged... and only pop up once very 6 months. still no bumper covers though unless I order from GM for $300+.
I think they wanted $350+ for a hood. good thing I found a free spare along the way. No headlight covers either.

Wade
02-04-2014, 05:04 PM
I was able to find one fender and a bumper cover at Certifit in Houston. John Martin was gracious enough to pick them up for me. They are "backordered" on the other fender and hood, which translates to "your car is too old that there is no longer a demand for the parts so we stopped carrying them."

I have a hood, hood hinges, and passenger fender that will work. Sourcing parts is no fun!

rleng1
02-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I sourced front fenders from autofit on I45 in houston for $50 each. Front cover $50. Good fit, but then again 'We Are Wahoo Racing'.