PDA

View Full Version : Big RV supply in FT worth?

nasa-rm
02-18-2014, 10:32 PM
Any input on who has the best and largest in house supply of RV parts in the Ft Worth area? Since I have a day or two to kill, I plan to do some work on Optimus.

ShadowBolt
02-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Any input on who has the best and largest in house supply of RV parts in the Ft Worth area? Since I have a day or two to kill, I plan to do some work on Optimus.

Call MHSRV and ask them where to go. They sell hundreds of coaches every year and do a lot of warranty work. I'm sure they can point you in the right direction. Camping World if nothing else.

nasa-rm
02-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Thanks Jerry. I forgot about the RV row there in Alvarado. Almost drove by there today, but took the back roads from Houston to Cresson.

GlennCMC70
02-18-2014, 11:52 PM
Dave. I live close by. How long you gonna be hanging around?

Waco Racer
02-19-2014, 08:52 AM
FunTownRV in Cleburne is good too

nasa-rm
02-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Dave. I live close by. How long you gonna be hanging around?

Yes you do!

I don't have to be in Austin till Friday, so I don't have solid plans. I'll be working on the rig here at Cresson.

GlennCMC70
02-19-2014, 05:06 PM
Up for dinner tonight?

nasa-rm
02-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Up for dinner tonight?

Missed the post here, but ended up grabbing a bite with some of your fellow V8 brethren. Maybe tomorrow? Let me see when I plan to head out of here.

nasa-rm
02-19-2014, 11:39 PM
FunTownRV in Cleburne is good too

For now, maybe not FunTown. They just moved all their parts/truck/camping stuff into a new building and everything is scare/stored/boxed for now. Once they get up and running again, should be pretty nice. So no electrical plugs to be had but they did have full shelves of Traxxis remote control trucks and potty-powder.

Maybe I'll hit the Camping World on I35.

Rob Liebbe
02-20-2014, 09:05 PM
For now, maybe not FunTown. They just moved all their parts/truck/camping stuff into a new building and everything is scare/stored/boxed for now. Once they get up and running again, should be pretty nice. So no electrical plugs to be had but they did have full shelves of Traxxis remote control trucks and potty-powder.

Maybe I'll hit the Camping World on I35.Consider shopping and buying online, the stores are just way expensive.

nasa-rm
02-20-2014, 11:05 PM
Consider shopping and buying online, the stores are just way expensive.

Yeah. That'll have to work. Too bad I didn't feel like trying to park the rig at PPL in Houston - That's where I get a lot of stuff online. Would love to check out their place sometime.

Tried Camping World on 35 today. Web said they were open till 7PM, but building was locked up solid and dark at 6:30P. :(

I need to fix some of the wiring. The rig should have a floating neutral, but it's tied to ground in the panel or transfer switch. Really need to get the plugin/etc with 4 connections and not just three, along with a 50A genset transfer switch and do it right. I already zapped the crap out of my arm earlier today when I found an unprotected hot wire.

Racebrat
03-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Yeah. That'll have to work. Too bad I didn't feel like trying to park the rig at PPL in Houston - That's where I get a lot of stuff online. Would love to check out their place sometime.

Tried Camping World on 35 today. Web said they were open till 7PM, but building was locked up solid and dark at 6:30P. :(

I need to fix some of the wiring. The rig should have a floating neutral, but it's tied to ground in the panel or transfer switch. Really need to get the plugin/etc with 4 connections and not just three, along with a 50A genset transfer switch and do it right. I already zapped the crap out of my arm earlier today when I found an unprotected hot wire.

If you need anything from PPL that you can't get online- call Kevin Pyles. His shop is literally around the corner from them. He can get you anything you need

A

David Love AI27
03-10-2014, 01:59 AM
Consider shopping and buying online, the stores are just way expensive.

AMEN!! most RV places keep limited parts and if they have what you need it is gonna cost you..