PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Camaro SS part out

Alien
04-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Last year, I picked up a 2000 Camaro SS, with a salvage title. The guy I bought it from didn't know why it had a salvage title. The reason he was selling it was that 'a friend' slid the car sideways 4 wheels over a curb, bending/breaking all four wheels and at least the rear axle. Use suspension components at own risk.

M̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶e̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶H̶a̶l̶l̶e̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶H̶O̶A̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶n̶a̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶w̶a̶y̶.̶ ̶ ̶S̶o̶,̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶R̶e̶a̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶p̶p̶i̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶i̶g̶h̶b̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶I̶ ̶o̶b̶v̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶b̶s̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶L̶a̶u̶r̶a̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶d̶ ̶(̶'̶0̶2̶ ̶V̶6̶ ̶C̶a̶m̶a̶r̶o̶)̶,̶ ̶L̶e̶i̶n̶a̶r̶t̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶'̶a̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶i̶g̶s̶l̶i̶s̶t̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶i̶m̶,̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶'̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶p̶p̶i̶e̶.̶

The car has now been torn apart and the stuff is good to go. I can bring anything to MSR-H.

Car is Red, t-tops, 172k miles. I'm guessing at prices for now. Let me know if something seems way out of line, or make an offer.

$20 32mm Front Sway bar
$10 Steering wheel w/ radio controls (airbag not included)
$10 Steering column, loose
$60 Front brake calipers and rotors (pair)
$40 T-Top cloth/fabric panel inserts / sunshades
$10 Rear parcel shelf

---------------------------------------

Already Spoken for...
LS1/T56, and associated parts, clutch slave etc plus wiring - Me
Driveshaft - Me
Gas tank - Me
Brakes - Me
Gauge cluster - Me
Brake booster / master - Me
Diff - Laura's dad
Battery tray - Laura's dad
Headlights - Ross
Front bumper - Morgan
Rockers/Quarters - Pranav
Front lower control arms/spindles - Ben
Fender Brackets - Bryan
SS Spoiler/Hatch - CL
SS Hood w/ struts - CL
ABS unit 4-channel - Gary H.
Front Fenders - Gary H.
front bumper cover - Gary H.
rear bumper cover - Gary H.
Doors, no panels - Gary H.
SS Rear Berger panel (black) - Gary H.
Black/Tan interior panels - Gary H.
Steering rack - Gary H.
Center Console - Gary H.
Hood Hinges - Gary H.
Hatch struts - Gary H.
Dash - CL
Fog lights - CL
Kmember and T56 crossmember - Al
T-Tops - CL
Airbox with K&N filter - CL
Billet grill - CL
Cloth seats - CL
Flowmaster muffler and tips - CL
Rear bumper (with impact plastic thingy) - CL

Claimed
$3.50 - Frame horns - Morgan

PICTURES HERE
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5052866894/pp9y8

BryanL
04-14-2014, 01:50 PM
I need the hood hinges, various front end brackets around the front of the fenders and bumpers. I might be interested in a fender depending on condition. What's the front/rear bumper and bumper cover difference? I may want the hatch. Waiting till after Hallet might be good to see what I need.

Pranav
04-14-2014, 03:49 PM
In addition to the pass. Rocker/quarter, can I have the torque arm bracket inner and outer shell/bushings for $20, and the lower shift boot for $10? :D

No rush, of course I'll be ready to come help cut it up when you're ready after Hallett.

AllZWay
04-14-2014, 04:48 PM
What shape are the front seats in? I could use them for a different project if in decent shape.

MikeP99Z
04-14-2014, 06:26 PM
$20 ABS unit 4-channel,

Jim may be interested in this.

Alien
04-14-2014, 08:29 PM
I need the hood hinges, various front end brackets around the front of the fenders and bumpers. I might be interested in a fender depending on condition. What's the front/rear bumper and bumper cover difference? I may want the hatch. Waiting till after Hallet might be good to see what I need.
I think Morgan just needs the steel bumper beam, and the frame horns for lack of a better word. Bumper covers are just the urethane bits.

In addition to the pass. Rocker/quarter, can I have the torque arm bracket inner and outer shell/bushings for $20, and the lower shift boot for $10? :D

Um, no. That's kinda - T56, and associated parts. Sorry.

What shape are the front seats in? I could use them for a different project if in decent shape.
Seats are from Laura's dads 2002 V6 (we're trading him out the black leather T/A ones currently in the SS). Cloth seats, IIRC, pretty good shape. He's a smoker, so maybe a burn mark.

I'll try grab some pictures if I can make it home before dark this week.

y5e06
04-15-2014, 10:54 AM
the steel bumper beam, and the frame horns for lack of a better word. Bumper covers are just the urethane bits.
yeah, i just need the front bumper beam, the 'frame horn' brackets on the pass side, and maybe the 3-bolts & plastic deally-bop that holds the bumper beam on to the frame horn brackets.

Pranav
04-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Did the bumper beam change in '98? I know the impact absorber did, not sure about the beam...

Dulaney
04-15-2014, 04:29 PM
$20 ABS unit 4-channel,

Jim may be interested in this.
Yes, he would be interested.

BryanL
04-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Gary I need these two brackets. One is an L shaped bracket and the other attaches to it. Basically I will take any of the front bumper area brackets. And one with the hand.

rleng1
04-17-2014, 09:40 AM
aaarrggghhh!!!! There it is again, THE CLAW!!!

Hood
04-21-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm in for:

Front and Rear Bumper Covers
Front Fenders
Doors
Rear Facia Panel
Steering Rack
Brake Booster and Master Cylinder
Interior Panels
ABS Unit (if Mike or Jim don't want it)

Alien
05-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Here's the seats James. Do you need the bases too? I'm stealing the power tracks, but have plenty of manual tracks I can give you if they're going in a third/fourth gen.

http://www.fototime.com/CDF38FD356108C6/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/824D7C53565673C/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/8E4CB0217AC34BF/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/E3DB1556AAB77B1/orig.jpg

I can probably swing by on the way up to Hallett and drop them off if you still want them.

AllZWay
05-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Here's the seats James. Do you need the bases too? I'm stealing the power tracks, but have plenty of manual tracks I can give you if they're going in a third/fourth gen.
I can probably swing by on the way up to Hallett and drop them off if you still want them.

Sorry Gary... I think I am going to just recover my factory seats that I already have for the project car.

Alien
01-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Forgot to update this thread. The car finally got torn down a few weeks ago. Part are available for delivery to MSR-Houston. See first post for updates.

Al Fernandez
01-20-2015, 09:12 PM
I'll take that k member if you dont mind hanging onto it until Cresson.

Alien
01-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Done. Want the engine mounts too?

Al Fernandez
01-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Sure

Alien
04-17-2015, 01:22 PM
Just to bring this up, I finally put a dial caliper to the front sway bar.
It's a 32mm if anyone is interested.

Pictures here... AI/CMC prices in first post.
http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4983420615.html