PDA

View Full Version : Two piece fire suit

ShadowBolt
04-29-2014, 10:13 AM
I saw several guys this weekend wearing the pants and coat fire suit set-up instead of the one piece. I ask Glenn about it and he checked and said NASA is allowing it. I'm sure it is because they have the stock car guys that already have this type suit and they don't want them to not race because they have to purchase a new suit. My question is will we be allowed to use them? This may be my last year in my current (original) fire suit. If I had a choice I think I would try the pants and coat. Thoughts?

JJ

Rsmith350
04-29-2014, 11:04 AM
No, they have been given a temporary waiver if I'm not mistaken. I need to follow up with Dave on this.

mach1
04-29-2014, 11:13 AM
2pc sounds great from a convenience standpoint but i'm not so sure from a safety standpoint. I was unaware that they were not legal, guess that's because I've had my 1pc suit for years now and never bothered to check on the 2pc suit.

GlennCMC70
04-29-2014, 12:01 PM
All I said was NASA was aware. They were allowing those guys to do it. It is not NASA legal though.

ShadowBolt
04-29-2014, 01:34 PM
All I said was NASA was aware. They were allowing those guys to do it. It is not NASA legal though.

I'm sorry I misunderstood.

JJ