PDA

View Full Version : results coming soon.

nasa-rm
05-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Official results coming soon. R4 will be pending till Tylers dyno, but you can use R1 and R3 for toyo as soon as I get settled at the track and can crunch tonight.

Sorry for the delay, short week with back to backs.

Fbody383
05-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Short week with back to backs. That means you must be successful and hanging around a long time.

Thanks for the update, Dave.

GlennCMC70
05-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Should have posted this yesterday. Sorry for the delay. All NASA Officials have been notified.

Here is the data we collected on the post race inspection of Tyler Gardner's car.

Runs 1-4 HP/TQ
262/303
261/307
260/303
264/305
I tossed run #5 as it was 237hp. The car was very hot w/ that pull.

Average of runs 1-3 is 261hp and under 310 tq.
Average of runs 2-4 is 262hp and under 310tq.
Using the runs 2-4 as they average as a worst case scenario results in a minimum weight of 3125lbs. His lowest of 3 recorded weights was 3126lbs.

As of this time, I consider his car as legal and the race results for CMC can become Official.

I also informed Tyler that going forward that his current method of restriction would not be allowed. Although the car was legal on the dyno, there was evidence of the filter allowing air to bypass it while on track. Since we cannot prove any non-compliance, his results stand. He has been required to find a more rigid and durable method of restriction.

If anyone has any questions about this, get w/ me offline and I will answer them for you the best I can.

BryanL
05-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Glenn-thanks for the update and the time to go to the dyno. I'm sure everyone appreciates it especially Tyler. Glad to hear it's all legal but not surprised the numbers were much higher than before.

mach1
05-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Glenn-thanks for the update and the time to go to the dyno. I'm sure everyone appreciates it especially Tyler. Glad to hear it's all legal but not surprised the numbers were much higher than before.

Yes indeed, thanks for coming out Glenn. I can't believe how close it was, a trip to the bathroom before R4 would have probably put me under weight.
I will have a solid alum restrictor for Hallett, hopefully I can avoid the dirty looks at Hallett. Thanks again.

Rsmith350
05-05-2014, 03:23 PM
What's your background Tyler? Maybe a little driving resume sharing will create some "oh that's why!"

Fbody383
05-05-2014, 03:24 PM
What's your background Tyler? Maybe a little driving resume sharing will create some "oh that's why!" I'll take "he has a "few" laps around TWS," Alex.

blk96gt
05-05-2014, 03:28 PM
FWIW I never thought there was an issue with you Tyler. I passed you on the front straight and you passed me, I saw you pass others and get passed. Getting on the gas just a hair early/late can easily cost .5 second down that front straight. When you split the two cars down the middle and walked by them I was behind you guys. They went through 2-1 side by side (or damn close, one was outside the other inside) so had no where near the run that you did. I gained just as much ground on them as you did.

I do understand the point of wanting someone there to witness the dyno though, and I'm glad everything worked out.

mach1
05-05-2014, 03:32 PM
What's your background Tyler? Maybe a little driving resume sharing will create some "oh that's why!"

I ran the full regional NASA schedule last year sans NOLA in Time Trials, TTB. I've been to TWS a few times with NASA and run a lemons race there. ECR is my "home" track (lemons, DE, TT, Toy Run), then MSR-C, I've run the 3.1, 1.3, and the 1.7(TT, PCA TT, DE).
I've done Texas Time Trials, PCA Time Trials, AutoX, and DE's at various places(COTA, and others mentioned above).

kbrewmr2
05-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Tyler was always pretty quick in TTB which is our deepest / most arms-racey class fighting with a turbo-Miata against E46M3s and well prep'd S2000s on sticker Hoosiers while Tyler would be on stuff he'd scrounge up used off the tire service guys at times it looked like. Not surprised to see him jump over and be fairly quick right off the bat in a different car. Although I wish he'd paint it or something LOL!

mach1
05-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Tyler was always pretty quick in TTB which is our deepest / most arms-racey class fighting with a turbo-Miata against E46M3s and well prep'd S2000s on sticker Hoosiers while Tyler would be on stuff he'd scrounge up used off the tire service guys at times it looked like. Not surprised to see him jump over and be fairly quick right off the bat in a different car. Although I wish he'd paint it or something LOL!

I'm working on making the car 1 color :)

Fbody383
05-05-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm working on making the car 1 color :) Don't work too hard... they just don't seem to stay that way.

Al Fernandez
05-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Thanks to Glenn for taking his personal time to witness and thanks to Tyler for his transparency in this. First class act Tyler. :) Make sure you stay on the dirty line to pick up clag during the cooldown to make sure you make weight! hehe

kbrewmr2
05-07-2014, 01:02 PM
posted / officialized:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Texas_Region/2014%20-%20Official%20Results/3%20TWS_April/

Trublu
05-07-2014, 07:58 PM
posted / officialized:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Texas_Region/2014%20-%20Official%20Results/3%20TWS_April/
Looks like R3 might need to be reworked as looks to be sorted by lap times

marshall_mosty
05-07-2014, 09:16 PM
Looks like R3 might need to be reworked as looks to be sorted by lap times
I guess faster lap times equal better finishing position. Glad to see the fast guys staying fast. The slower guys just need to get faster... :) Consistency is the key.

Alien
05-08-2014, 08:15 AM
The slower guys just need to get faster... :)
Hey! We prefer to be called Lesser Speedy, remember?

Fbody383
05-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Looks like R3 might need to be reworked as looks to be sorted by lap times I thought that finish looked a little high...

ShadowBolt
05-08-2014, 04:15 PM
I led every lap of R3 except the only one that counts. I really really should have settled for second and the $150.00 tire money that goes with it. There was zero chance of me catching Kevin! Don’t tell anyone but I think he cheats. Even practices for gosh sakes.

JJ

blk96gt
05-09-2014, 12:17 PM
I just figured it out. Anyone who finishes in front of me is cheating, everyone behind just isn't as good.

That means everyone who goes to Hallett is cheating...

Fbody383
05-09-2014, 04:05 PM
That means everyone who doesn't go to Hallett must be cheating... ...and afraid of getting caught.

blk96gt
05-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Well, I hate to point the finger, but I was witness to a certain orange car cheating. Luckily I was able to capture it on video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1Qrm_aKIc

Didn't know this kind of thing was considered OK. You can bet your ass I'll be submitting an RCR for this next year. You folks going to Hallett keep your eyes out for this...

Al Fernandez
05-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Lol

Fbody383
05-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Didn't know this kind of thing was considered OK. You can bet your ass I'll be submitting an RCR for this next year.

4.13 Driver Comfort
Driver comfort items such as cool suits, windshield defogger blowers etc. are allowed as long as they have no impact on car performance.

"Etc." in that rule includes PRS (pursual reduction system) for you sons-a-guns that follow too close; I was trying to avoid being hit by you.

Me thinks you doth protest too much... surely you enjoy a challenge, Spy Hunter style.

2. INTENT

The intent of the Camaro Mustang Challenge (CMC) racing series is to provide National Auto Sport Association (NASA) members a racing series featuring production American pony cars. Modifications will be limited to those necessary to promote safety, close competition, and flexibility to enable drivers to learn and experiment with the principles of race car setup within boundaries intended to limit expenses, thereby providing the drivers with fun, exciting, and challenging yet approachable racing.

Good sportsmanship is valued more than finishing position. This means clean, well-executed passing is a trademark of the series. Punting another competitor, or leaning on them to gain a position will not be tolerated. Car to car contact including bump drafting can result in an investigation and possible sanctions.

blk96gt
05-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Well if that's legal it looks like I need to start working on getting my Red Koopa Shells (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0L4tN4oB64) ready to deploy.

At a minimum I'll have the banana peal dropper installed by TWS...

Fbody383
05-12-2014, 09:08 PM
So I used the fast lap time posting and got 4th place Toyo Bucks for R3. I've sent the redemption folks an email after speaking with them... so if I have your $75, and it doesn't get cleared up in their system, I will get them to you.

AI#97
05-16-2014, 05:38 PM
Funny how Jander is the only one of you guys that listened about PRACTICE = FAST. And Tyler is going to whip all your asses once he learns to drive that mustang. His experience in the Miata and carrying momentum is going to be VERY helpful. You ALL should take a note from those two....or at least get used to seeing the backs of their cars! Love seeing the new guys jump right in an kick some ass!

Fbody383
05-18-2014, 06:00 PM
Nope, been listening...

Funny how Jander is the only one of you guys that listened about PRACTICE = FAST.

Practice also equals gas/tires/brakes/parts/time/money/etc.

Ran about 1-2% off the show ponies quick race laps at TWS on RA1s and first time ever on 17s.

I think those guys are awesome on and off track and am (currently) happy with the fun/$ I get out of all of this.

Probably need to update the signature to be along the lines of "fastest Orange mid-pack rolling chicane in CMC."

ShadowBolt
05-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Funny how Jander is the only one of you guys that listened about PRACTICE = FAST. And Tyler is going to whip all your asses once he learns to drive that mustang. His experience in the Miata and carrying momentum is going to be VERY helpful. You ALL should take a note from those two....or at least get used to seeing the backs of their cars! Love seeing the new guys jump right in an kick some ass!
It's not that we did not listen. Anyone that does this deal more than two times knows that seat time is everything. I'm happy for Kevin but I have a life away from the track. Would I like to do a few DE events....sure but since we started racing I have not done a single day at the track except for NASA race weekends. Guess I could punt Jay for more seat time but for some of us we are getting out about what we put in. I would love to win more races but I'm not willing to put in the time or money and for me just getting away to the track for six race weekends is all I can do.

JJ