PDA

View Full Version : MTL in T56

y5e06
06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Anyone running RedLine's MTL in their T56? I thought about trying some in my next change. I've basically been running Royal Purple Synchromax in my various T56s for a decade w/o much issue. great for the street car. I've been having a slight increase in shift effort lately (maybe its because i'm used to the MT82 now adays), and with the summer season coming along w/ high heat of a track car I thought about trying something a bit thicker.
I know *some* people claim issues w/ carbon fiber blocker rings. I rebuilt the trans a number of years ago and have no clue what synchro rebuild kit I used... probably not carbon fiber but not sure.

any issues?

Suck fumes
06-02-2014, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't touch redline products with a 10ft pole. We used to take apart customer transmissions long time ago who used that stuff and its nasty inside. Purple Synchromax or any amsoil product is the best as far as life of the internals go.

AI#97
06-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Amsoil.....and get rid of the synchros! ;). And yes, the carbon fiber blocker rings are shit as the swell with heat. Putting a cooler on Misty's Camaro made a huge difference. Faceplatting mine is 10 fold better.

y5e06
06-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Amsoil.....and get rid of the synchros! ;). And yes, the carbon fiber blocker rings are shit as the swell with heat. Putting a cooler on Misty's Camaro made a huge difference. Faceplatting mine is 10 fold better.
yes, thats a great suggestion. I hear all those mods will be CMC legal after nationals. I'll go place an order for the parts now.

Suck fumes
06-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Why would they be legal after nationals? Cause my mustang is going to spank everyone again and they need another excuse as to why they are slow?? lol!!!

BryanL
06-03-2014, 08:46 AM
Have used Redline D4ATF in the T56 in the race car for 6 years without any issue.

Pranav
06-03-2014, 09:09 AM
I think Morgan was using that there fancy sarcasm lol.

I've had nothing but good fluid come out of my T56 running Redline D4 as well. I'm not biased, I may run Amsoil next time since it's easier to get and I do bulk orders of their trans fluid for family fleet of Toyotas now and then...

Suck fumes
06-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Take the gearbox apart and you may have a diff opinion. It leaves this nasty green residue on everything with metal shavings in it.

David Love AI27
06-10-2014, 12:05 AM

I believe the biggest problem with that transmission started after I drove it...