PDA

View Full Version : Random ls stuff

Rsmith350
07-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Who has LS stuff they want to get rid of?

Blocks, pistons, heads, wiring harness, intakes, etc?

rleng1
07-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Dad gum it. You've tore it up already?

Rsmith350
07-07-2014, 05:59 PM
The LT1 is still running very strong. My daily driver needs a serious makeover and my financial situation is not wanting to give me a new truck. Putting feelers out to see if I can scrounge up a 5.3/5.7.

BryanL
07-08-2014, 08:59 AM
I was going to ask to see what you needed it for. I didn't think your truck was an LS motor? I have lots of spares and have a 6.0 long block disassembled but it would be cheaper to buy a 5.3 pullout and likely try to get one that has the trans and wiring if doing a swap.

Rob Liebbe
07-08-2014, 11:36 AM
That truck needs more than just a new drivetrain. :cool:

Rsmith350
07-08-2014, 01:00 PM
I was going to ask to see what you needed it for. I didn't think your truck was an LS motor? I have lots of spares and have a 6.0 long block disassembled but it would be cheaper to buy a 5.3 pullout and likely try to get one that has the trans and wiring if doing a swap.

That's what I'm leaning towards

Rsmith350
07-08-2014, 01:01 PM
That truck needs more than just a new drivetrain. :cool:

Sanford and son racing baby! My race car now looks WORLDS better than my daily

ShadowBolt
07-08-2014, 01:16 PM
I know of a 90,000 mile 2003 Sonic Blue Lightning that may be on the market soon. Pulls a racecar without breaking a sweat. $15,000.00 would give you at least one vehicle that is reliable and has plenty of power.

JJ

Fbody383
07-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Sanford and son racing baby! My race car now looks WORLDS better than my daily That ain't sayin' much.

Storm Trooper
07-08-2014, 05:24 PM

What are you asking for the 6.0?

Pranav
07-08-2014, 05:58 PM

Bryan, I keep forgetting to ask, what kind of Suburban do you have? Never seen a 2500 Suburban with the new style truck front end. Did that thing from Mexico (the suburbans there got the new truck front end).

BryanL
07-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Bryan, I keep forgetting to ask, what kind of Suburban do you have? Never seen a 2500 Suburban with the new style truck front end. Did that thing from Mexico (the suburbans there got the new truck front end).

All the Suburbans are built in Mexico-though I wasn't aware that they ever put the truck front end on at the factory. My truck is a 04 3/4 ton with a Duramax conversion-so the diesel engine, allison trans, and truck hd rearend. Then it had the front clip installed from a HD pickup. It's 2 wheel drive so it makes for a great hauling rig for the trailer and the family.

Sean-don't know on the 6.0 as it's really my Dad's motor. He tore it down and was going to have the block checked out. It was complete intake to pan but would need a rebuild at least of rings/bearings/gaskets. Wouldn't be over $500.

Storm Trooper
07-13-2014, 01:59 PM
All the Suburbans are built in Mexico-though I wasn't aware that they ever put the truck front end on at the factory. My truck is a 04 3/4 ton with a Duramax conversion-so the diesel engine, allison trans, and truck hd rearend. Then it had the front clip installed from a HD pickup. It's 2 wheel drive so it makes for a great hauling rig for the trailer and the family.

Sean-don't know on the 6.0 as it's really my Dad's motor. He tore it down and was going to have the block checked out. It was complete intake to pan but would need a rebuild at least of rings/bearings/gaskets. Wouldn't be over $500.
Bryan, let me know thanks