PDA

View Full Version : LS6 with 241 heads, intake, tb, built T56, mgw shifter, trans crossmember and DS.

AI#97
08-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Yep, complete driveline except fuel rails and rocker arms, factory manifolds, coil packs and oil pan. No clutch or flywheel. No accessories. We are looking to upgrade to a 383 and jerico and would like to sell this as a package to a wrench turner who wants to build a 4th gen CMC car. Even have a 4th gen k-member to go with it and solid spohn mounts.

Motor is strong, but used. Trans is built well and works great. We have a factory LS6 cam but not sure that works for CMC.

This is also a great AI combo if one of you need a good spare.

Let's start at $3500

Storm Trooper
08-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Yep, complete driveline except fuel rails and rocker arms, factory manifolds, coil packs and oil pan. No clutch or flywheel. No accessories. We are looking to upgrade to a 383 and jerico and would like to sell this as a package to a wrench turner who wants to build a 4th gen CMC car. Even have a 4th gen k-member to go with it and solid spohn mounts.

Motor is strong, but used. Trans is built well and works great. We have a factory LS6 cam but not sure that works for CMC.

This is also a great AI combo if one of you need a good spare.

Let's start at $3500

So it's a long block ls6?

AI#97
08-14-2014, 05:40 PM
yes, was a crate motor for an 01 Vette hence the 241 heads. She put comp valve springs and a custom cam in it. I just need to keep certain things to put onto the LB we are looking at buying.

To put into that 4th gen you have it would need:

Power steering pump
alternator....I have an extra I'd throw in.
wiring harness,
ECU
fuel rails...I have factory injectors
Correct flywheel for class.
clutch
will include new hydraulic release bearing
idler pulleys and tensioner
oil pan
possible helicoil on bell housing...not a big deal
intake gaskets for factory intake...?
log OEM manifolds but you will get these beat up LT's if you want them.
rocker arms unless we decide to upgrade
coil packs and mounting frames.
PCV hoses
valve covers
serp belt.

I will give you the k-member and spohn solid mounts. will come with old water pump and bigass cam that's in it. Will include the LS6 cam too....can sell to a turbo 5.3 guy. T56 complete with bellhousing, mGW shifter and a spare shifter, Drive shaft, trans cross member.

Ask questions. I just need to keep the LSX intake and fuel rails, injectors, oil pan and flywheel/clutch (not CMC legal anyway). What ever is not needed to put onto the TSS long block and jerico is on the cart to go!

Motor has lived on amsoil 15w50 since new and sees oil temps around 200 or less.

Storm Trooper
08-14-2014, 09:04 PM
yes, was a crate motor for an 01 Vette hence the 241 heads. She put comp valve springs and a custom cam in it. I just need to keep certain things to put onto the LB we are looking at buying.

To put into that 4th gen you have it would need:

Power steering pump
alternator....I have an extra I'd throw in.
wiring harness,
ECU
fuel rails...I have factory injectors
Correct flywheel for class.
clutch
will include new hydraulic release bearing
idler pulleys and tensioner
oil pan
possible helicoil on bell housing...not a big deal
intake gaskets for factory intake...?
log OEM manifolds but you will get these beat up LT's if you want them.
rocker arms unless we decide to upgrade
coil packs and mounting frames.
PCV hoses
valve covers
serp belt.

I will give you the k-member and spohn solid mounts. will come with old water pump and bigass cam that's in it. Will include the LS6 cam too....can sell to a turbo 5.3 guy. T56 complete with bellhousing, mGW shifter and a spare shifter, Drive shaft, trans cross member.

Ask questions. I just need to keep the LSX intake and fuel rails, injectors, oil pan and flywheel/clutch (not CMC legal anyway). What ever is not needed to put onto the TSS long block and jerico is on the cart to go!

Motor has lived on amsoil 15w50 since new and sees oil temps around 200 or less.

Thanks Matt

BryanL
08-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Just a little clarification about LS stuff to prevent an issue later. The LS6 block and intake is legal in CMC. The ls6 long block isn't legal. What isn't legal is the ls6 cam and the 243 heads. Those are specific LS6 items that never came in a F-body and will make more power and at a higher rpm (same for ls6 intake). The LS6 motor came with better flowing 243 heads. The 241 heads on this motor would be CMC legal. Swap in a stock cam/springs to be CMC legal. I don't know if the trans is legal since it's plumbed for a cooler. Though I don't see why that should be an issue and I would like to have that option.

Nice setup that I would like in another 68 Camaro.

Matt-who is TSS? that you are getting a 383 from?

AI#97
08-15-2014, 06:44 PM
We haven't pulled the trigger yet, but have narrowed it down to a couple options. TSS is Texas Speed that used to be in Lubbock. They are now in Austin. Seems to be the "go there" response on LS1tech but I haven't been able to call and discuss our plans with them yet.

Also, the LS6 bottom end with 241 heads was a crate option when they ran out of LS1's. I have also found this setup was sold in MANY later Camaros. It's basically the 01 Z06 motor.

This combo with the little clutch and LSX 92 intake is making 427/404 to the wheels. If it doesn't sell, my plan is to buy an e36 M3 and swap it, then sell the car as a SERIOUS ST1 track weapon on skinny tires! Imagine 2500# and that power from a NASTY LS motor.

As for the trans, it's an AN fitting in the fill and drain. Cap it...done. makes for easy fills/drains! ;)

AI#97
08-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Trans, bellhousing, shifter and driveshaft are sold.

We are considering upgrading to an LS3 crate motor so if anyone is looking for a complete LS1 setup with wiring harness and ECU....Ping me.

Supercharged111
08-20-2014, 11:45 PM
Also, the LS6 bottom end with 241 heads was a crate option when they ran out of LS1's. I have also found this setup was sold in MANY later Camaros. It's basically the 01 Z06 motor.

Splitting hairs here, but it's not basically an 01 LS6. 01 LS6 had 243 heads and a larger than LS1 cam (which you're including). 01+ LS1 got the truck cam (IIRC 191/196 and .460" lift, 114 LSA) and 01 LS6 got a 204/211 .525" 116 LSA cam whereas 02-04 got 204/218 .550" 117.5 LSA (all off of memory! I need a life. . .). So really it sounds like the good late LS1 with an LS6 cam. It sounds like you know exactly what you're selling, but some of this can be confusing to a prospective customer who isn't as huge of an LS nerd.

Cliff's notes: it's an LS6 with LS1 heads.

AI#97
11-17-2014, 05:40 PM
motor is off the market. Will be going into our e36. Thanks for stopping by.