PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Canyon Racetrack update...!!!!!!

AI#97
09-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Looks like lime base is down and rock bed is/has gone down at end of August! Paving probably by end of September!

I think we need to make this a stop on 2007 instead of that gravel pit in Oklahoma!

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/htm/news.htm

BSharp
09-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I promise you there is not a nicer group of people running a track than Mike Stevens and family at Hallett.

AI#97
09-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I promise you there is not a nicer group of people running a track than Mike Stevens and family at Hallett.

I don't doubt it Bud.....I just don't like gravel! :wink: Would also keep our Houstonites from a 9 hour haul.... :shock:

AllZWay
09-13-2006, 08:01 AM
This is good news. This will be closer to me than Houston by about 4 hours. I hope it gets on the schedule soon.

I also hope Hallett stays on the schedule, it is much closer to me than Houston.

MSR-H is going to be about a 7 hour haul from Paris.

AI#97
09-13-2006, 08:05 AM
This is good news. This will be closer to me than Houston by about 4 hours. I hope it gets on the schedule soon.

I also hope Hallett stays on the schedule, it is much closer to me than Houston.

MSR-H is going to be about a 7 hour haul from Paris.

Already sent the contact info to shannon and she is contacting them about an event in 07.....

gt40
09-13-2006, 10:09 AM

I don't doubt it Bud.....I just don't like gravel! :wink: Would also keep our Houstonites from a 9 hour haul.... :shock:If you kept your car on the track, you wouldn't have to worry about the gravel. ;)

Seriously, Hallett is my all-time favorite track. I'd hate to lose it. If it falls off the list, I may have to drop a race weekend to make the Shelby meet up there, just to I can continue my annual pilgrimage.

AI#97
09-13-2006, 10:26 AM

I don't doubt it Bud.....I just don't like gravel! :wink: Would also keep our Houstonites from a 9 hour haul.... :shock:If you kept your car on the track, you wouldn't have to worry about the gravel. ;)

Seriously, Hallett is my all-time favorite track. I'd hate to lose it. If it falls off the list, I may have to drop a race weekend to make the Shelby meet up there, just to I can continue my annual pilgrimage.

I was referring to the pits. I don't want to have to rent a friggin garage to have paving. Just makes getting under the car a PITA.....

mitchntx
09-13-2006, 02:32 PM
The gravel is an annoyance, but definitely not enough to strike it from the schedule.

oz98cobra
09-13-2006, 06:45 PM
Hallett is one of my favorites as well, and I'd like to see it stay on the calendar for 07. For the new tracks, it would be better to add more rounds or replace some of the rounds that we run at the same track several times - we need at least 8 rounds in the region, and we don't need to be running MSRH 3 times during the year.

NASA13
09-13-2006, 09:36 PM
If we stop racing at Hallet I will very seriously consider being PISSED off.
The only excuse to scratch Hallett is economics for NASA.
If this is a problem we need some incentives to get out there like free tires to the winners or the like. I am all for /no drops/ at Hallett also.
You guys are crazy for not wanting to race there. It is the Best track and hospitality that use. You can shove TWS, give me Hallett. Short tracks take a driver and long tracks take a car.

AI#97
09-13-2006, 10:35 PM
If we stop racing at Hallet I will very seriously consider being PISSED off.
The only excuse to scratch Hallett is economics for NASA.
If this is a problem we need some incentives to get out there like free tires to the winners or the like. I am all for /no drops/ at Hallett also.
You guys are crazy for not wanting to race there. It is the Best track and hospitality that use. You can shove TWS, give me Hallett. Short tracks take a driver and long tracks take a car.

Corey, I am not advocating that NASA not go to hallet...however, that is for them to decide. I am only stating that I have no wish to go back there and believe me, my opinion doesn't mean shit to anyone and I have no more pull than any of you to get them to make that decision.

Guys, please bear with me for the next few weeks... Sorry if I started another negative trail for you to follow but I am going through something really tough at home right now and I am not real sure if I will be at MSRH because of it... wish me luck! Not medical or life threatening but very trying.....

Thanks....

MW

David Love AI27
09-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Hallett is one of my favorites as well, and I'd like to see it stay on the calendar for 07. For the new tracks, it would be better to add more rounds or replace some of the rounds that we run at the same track several times - we need at least 8 rounds in the region, and we don't need to be running MSRH 3 times during the year.

I love Hallett... Drove all the way and didn't even complete 1 lap, but had a great time.

New subject:

Now that there is a national event why don't we Start our season in November, run 1 race per month and end our season in July??? This would give us more incentive to go to Nationals, especially those in contention for the $5 plaque. Skip December and that would give us 8 events with August off to prepare for Nationals.

2 @ Cresson
2 @ Houston
2 @ a new track
1 @ TWS
1 @ Hallett

just an idea

Tex89
09-14-2006, 08:58 AM
[quote=NASA13]Guys, please bear with me for the next few weeks... Sorry if I started another negative trail for you to follow but I am going through something really tough at home right now and I am not real sure if I will be at MSRH because of it... wish me luck! Not medical or life threatening but very trying.....

Thanks....

MW

Matt,

If you don't have to work on your car, then the gravel dosen't come into play. :mrgreen: If you do need to work on your car, Im sure one of the other fellows who have a covered spot would let you borrow the area. :D

Home problems?, is the wife giving you shit? :D

AI#97
09-14-2006, 10:24 AM
is the wife giving you shit? :D

No, she stopped that and decided to take all the shit with her and filed for divorce without ever even discussing it with me.... I don't understand it myself but I think she has been hiding a severe manic depression from me for a long time....I am doing everything in my power to save it but I think she has convinced herself otherwise and now that she is home with her parents I think I have lost her. got to focus on the positives right now which is trying to figure out how to keep what I do have left which includes the race car and the house. May need some help from you guys to prove the car is "only worth a couple bucks".... :?

Tex89
09-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Matt,

Im sorry to hear this. This happened to my older brother, he came home from work to find a cleaned out apt. with only his clothes, a bed and the frig.

Be glad you didn't have any children, which would totally suck.

Were you home when she did this or/and did you know it was coming? I guess her parents have never seen her manic side. If they have, then they have done you a real disservice for not telling you. If she's manic, that’s going to be a plus on your side for her being deceiving.

Once again, Im sorry to hear this.

AI#97
09-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Matt,

Im sorry to hear this. This happened to my older brother, he came home from work to find a cleaned out apt. with only his clothes, a bed and the frig.

Be glad you didn't have any children, that would totally suck.

Were you home when she did this or/and did you know it was coming? I guess her parents have never seen her manic side. If they have, then they have done you a real disservice for not telling you. If she's manic, thats going to be a plus on your side for being decieving.

Once again, Im sorry to hear this.

Not home and unknown....need to stop posting about it but thanks for the kind words...

marshall_mosty
09-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Matt,
If you need a storage place (wink, wink) let me know and I'll keep as much as I can from prying eyes.

Sorry to hear about your troubles...

mitchntx
09-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Matt.

It happens way too often.

AI#97
09-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear about this, Matt.

It happens way too often.

Yes it does guys and thanks. I think this latest generation of women are lost because their mothers were too damn busy attempting to be something other than the proper lady....leaving their daughters without direction, purpose and training to be wives.

Live and learn I guess.....you just have to figure out a way to miss all the landmines and grenades.