PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Year End Video

Fbody383
08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
2014 Year End Video - AI/CMC Texas: Operation Bring Jerry Home

Come one come all... if you haven't gotten your video to Gary, please do so as soon as possible.

Orange too, has been slow in this regard so I'll get my stuff trimmed and submitted.

FTP site is dead. No good reason other than I didn't want to write the check and the upload speeds sucked. IF, you have a huge financial burden and can't afford the postage to mail an SD card or a USB/thumb drive, or bring them to an event, PM me and we'll work it out. IF we decide that having the FTP site was so awesome we want it back, that's easy enough too.

Friendly reminders, from my experience and I'll edit this if Gary wants us going a different direction:

1) raw footage is best - 1080p / 720p down to 600X480... raw is best. If you have it without the data overlay, that is best. If you have really cool data in the overlay, then send that too. Do your best to keep the native resolution or better/upconvert.
2) leave the clip long enough - i like to have 10-15 seconds before and after the main action I'm interested in
3) HD video if you have it. Please send what you have. Every frame give the person doing the year end another source and may be used for background or a still.
3a) Pictures if you have them. As an aside, we need to get back to taking podium pics.
4) save the filenames something useful, i.e. TWS4 R1 CMC39.ext ~ this would tell me April TWS, race 1 for Orange is Fast.
5) if you can, or are willing, provide some notes on what to look for in the clips. for example - I used a clip of a car spinning off at ECR that was about 10 seconds long that was 80% through the video. If i hadn't watched through all the clip, I might have missed that gem.

I don't know what else to say at this point except thanks in advance for sharing your media, and thanks to Gary for taking the lead on putting it together.

mach1
08-25-2014, 07:35 PM
I can host the FTP site, standby…

Fbody383
08-25-2014, 07:45 PM
I can host the FTP site, standby… Finally, another smart interweb guy in da house.

Supercharged111
08-25-2014, 10:15 PM
How 'bout I send the clip of me passing you? :D

Trublu
08-26-2014, 07:35 AM
I'd like to see a clip that contains some of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iO3TQjXp4&feature=youtu.be

Fbody383
08-26-2014, 08:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iO3TQjXp4&feature=youtu.beDon't give the natives any ideas... and your editor is broken, it put the video up as a mirror image.

How 'bout I send the clip of me passing you? :D That's cool... i'll put it in several times - full speed, slo-mo showing my errors and how you capitalized, your in-car celebration... all of that right before I pass you for the final time to take away that finishing position.

Rob Liebbe
08-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Seems like a good way to pass the time while "accelerating" in a Miata.

mach1
08-26-2014, 09:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6iO3TQjXp4&feature=youtu.be

haha, that was excellent

mach1
08-26-2014, 10:23 AM
does this board have a private section?

Supercharged111
08-26-2014, 12:53 PM
That's cool... i'll put it in several times - full speed, slo-mo showing my errors and how you capitalized, your in-car celebration... all of that right before I pass you for the final time to take away that finishing position.

My selective memory has deleted your version. Either way, you got passed by a rookie! :p

I do have footage of a Mustang spinning, me spinning, and a 3rd gen and a Fox off roading at T1. Oh yeah, and Al going off at T10 and bouncing around like the Duke boys. Can someone offer a quick Cliff Notes version of what an FTP is?

Fbody383
08-26-2014, 01:11 PM
Can someone offer a quick Cliff Notes version of what an FTP is?File Transfer Protocol. Essentially a more secure, or private link to some drive space that can be accessed by multiple folks for files too big to email.

I use Filezilla as the FTP "client."

Looks like Tyler is the go to guy now.

mach1
08-26-2014, 05:49 PM
can the forum admin create a private sub forum so we can post sensitive data?

Rob Liebbe
08-26-2014, 07:27 PM
You can send a private message by clicking the person's id to the left of one of their posts or from their profile.

mach1
08-27-2014, 08:38 AM
You can send a private message by clicking the person's id to the left of one of their posts or from their profile.

10-4, I'd like to have a place to keep racer specific info that's not open to the public, I have a few private forum sections on my dfwmustangs.net board and they are quite useful.

Dulaney
09-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Have you guys used wetransfer.com ?
You can upload up to 2 GB for free, then it emails a link for someone to download it. Once downloaded, the uploaded file goes away.
Use it for work all the time, it's awesome.

Fbody383
09-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Have you guys used wetransfer.com ? Was NOT aware... that may be a good solution at least in part. Thanks, Jim.

Fbody383
01-12-2015, 11:47 AM
2014 CMC39 Year In Review (http://vimeo.com/116488520)

BryanL
01-13-2015, 10:09 AM
Sweet skills------the editing I mean. On track we look like a lot of hacks.

So-I got a gopro for xmas-haven't taken it out of the box. Anyone want to give me a crash course on how to use in Friday night?

Rob Liebbe
01-13-2015, 11:27 AM
Sweet skills------the editing I mean. On track we look like a lot of hacks.

So-I got a gopro for xmas-haven't taken it out of the box. Anyone want to give me a crash course on how to use in Friday night?

It will be above your technical skills, just give it to me before you hurt yourself.

Fbody383
01-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Sweet skills------the editing I mean. On track we look like a lot of hacks.So-I got a gopro for xmas-haven't taken it out of the box. Anyone want to give me a crash course on how to use in Friday night?Charge it up today... then just turn it on and let it run until it dies. Then charge again. I have the HD2 version, and it seems happiest on a full charge.

marshall_mosty
01-13-2015, 04:01 PM
Dave,
Very cool video.

mtpockets
01-13-2015, 08:05 PM
Very cool video. Got da bug, I wanna go fast

Trublu
01-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Very cool video. Got da bug, I wanna go fast

There's a different video for that