PDA

View Full Version : Toyo Bucks

ShadowBolt
08-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Well I may have thrown away $150.00 in Toyo Bucks. I thought we had 90 days to put in a claim. I know it used to be more than 30. Anyone know if they will let you send it in real late?

JJ

AllZWay
08-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Well I may have thrown away $150.00 in Toyo Bucks. I thought we had 90 days to put in a claim. I know it used to be more than 30. Anyone know if they will let you send it in real late?

JJ

I missed it a couple of years ago by a couple of days and was denied, but maybe they are more forgiving now. (sarcasm)

michaelmosty
08-26-2014, 04:01 PM
I would send a message to Jeremy Croiset (sp?) on the Nasaforums. He is over the ToyoBucks program and there was a thread earlier in the year of lots of people very frustrated with the short time they give you to get the forms submitted. He asked anyone that was having issues with the rebates to send him a message and he will work to get it pushed through.

I know nothing is a 100% guaranteed but for $150 it is definitely worth a shot.

ShadowBolt
08-26-2014, 07:13 PM
I would send a message to Jeremy Croiset (sp?) on the Nasaforums. He is over the ToyoBucks program and there was a thread earlier in the year of lots of people very frustrated with the short time they give you to get the forms submitted. He asked anyone that was having issues with the rebates to send him a message and he will work to get it pushed through.

I know nothing is a 100% guaranteed but for $150 it is definitely worth a shot.

I agree. I will try it.

JJ

kbrewmr2
09-04-2014, 08:52 AM
he's probably out from under the crunch from East Nationals by now...

and I'd try the contact info listed from here as well
http://www.nasaproracing.com/contact_us/?to=Jeremy%20Croiset

GlennCMC70
09-04-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm sure I lost what I earned from TWS in April as well. Though I had 90 days still. Missed it by that timeframe as well.
Hell, I don't even remember if I won anything from that day.

BADVENM
09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Not sure if anyone faxes their forms in but 4 or 5 months ago I tried it (worked before this time) and they (Toyo) told me their fax machine doesn't work.
This continues to the current date. I tried it again yesterday and haven't heard back (usually they let me know via e-mail they are processing it) so I'm guessing it still isn't fixed.

GlennCMC70
09-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Not sure if anyone faxes their forms in but 4 or 5 months ago I tried it (worked before this time) and they (Toyo) told me their fax machine doesn't work.
This continues to the current date. I tried it again yesterday and haven't heard back (usually they let me know via e-mail they are processing it) so I'm guessing it still isn't fixed.

Suposed to be an online only process now.

Storm Trooper
09-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Suposed to be an online only process now.

Yeah except you still have to have your CMC director or etc. sign off!?!?!?!? Still doesn't make any sense if your cars legal to race and you place then you should be able to get toyo money without having to go through all the paperwork?

GlennCMC70
09-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Bring forms to the track. Toyo races are early in the day. Plenty of time to get them signed.

ShadowBolt
09-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Is there a way to check a Toyo Buck? I have two that expire on 9-11-14 and I don't know if I already gave John the numbers off them or not. I can't find a way to put in the number to see if they have neen usws or not?

JJ

ShadowBolt
09-05-2014, 03:18 PM
I turned in my paperwork (46 days past due) and I received this e-mail.

Dear Jerry,

We would like to acknowledge that we have received your request and a case has been created with Case ID - XXXX. I X'ed the number out.
A support representative will be reviewing your request and will send you a personal response as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Toyo Tires Rewards Support Team

Fbody383
09-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah except you still have to have your CMC director or etc. sign off!?!?!?!? Still doesn't make any sense if your cars legal to race and you place then you should be able to get toyo money without having to go through all the paperwork? I turned some in using the "blank" with Dave's signature on it - in the Houston results folder where the rest of the results are posted.

marshall_mosty
09-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Guys,
There are several easy ways to get this done. Several have already been discussed, but to consolidate, here goes:

1. Bring blanks to the track and have me or Glenn sign them at the event.
2. Fill-out, scan, email them to me or Glenn and we will sign them and scan/email back. Our email addresses are at the end of our respective rule packages.
3. Fill-out, take a pic with your phone, text the pic to me or Glenn. Phone numbers are also at the end of the rules.
4. Use Dave's blank form with his signature.

ShadowBolt
09-08-2014, 03:49 PM
Toyo told me to go screw myself. $150.00 down the drain. My fault as I was late sending them in. But when you go from having forever to 30 days that sucks. I wish like hell we had a better way to go. I hate spending money with a company like Toyo. The 888 was a piece of shit and now the RR is good for only five heat cycles. Sounds like a great tire for Grass roots racers. I can tell you that when we build a part wrong I don't care if the customer has had them for two days or two years if we made them wrong we stand behind our work. Toyo is hoping we forget and they will save a good percentage of what they were paying out. What difference does it make if you send it in thirty days or ninety?

JJ

michaelmosty
09-08-2014, 04:43 PM
The only difference is they pay out less, exactly as you stated. It makes you feel great to spend a couple thousand dollars each year with a company like that doesn't it.....

RichardP
09-08-2014, 04:56 PM
I don't really have a problem with the Toyo redemption rules.

The much bigger problem is the life/heat cycle thing. Right now there is a competitive advantage to having fresher tires. That is a staggering cost driver for the most important performance item after the driver. Tires that heat cycle out are not appropriate for a spec tire class.

I really miss the old RA1's from before the 888's. They had amazing consistency over the relatively long life of the tire.

Richard P.

Suck fumes
09-08-2014, 05:31 PM
There is no such thing as a tire that won't heat cycle out. Some toyos may take longer than others but they all still lose grip after the 5th heat cycle

ShadowBolt
09-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Richard is right Aaron. Back when I first started racing (six years ago) the RA1 prior to the 888 would last almost twice what today's RA1 does. Jay and I were able to get through a season on eight tires. Of course we were slower and the car had less power but even the faster guys like Burch, Glenn, Michael, and James were only using 10 tires in a season. The RA1 of today is not the same tire as the old RA1 was and I think most of the guys that were running CMC back then would back me up on this.

JJ

mach1
09-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Kumho XS for the new spec tire? I'd be nice if the racers could change the rules when it comes to stuff like this.

Suck fumes
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Yah I know what the old RA1 was like but I'm saying right now there is no such thing.

ShadowBolt
09-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Yah I know what the old RA1 was like but I'm saying right now there is no such thing.
Agreed

nasa-rm
09-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Kumho XS for the new spec tire? I'd be nice if the racers could change the rules when it comes to stuff like this.

You can. Just run the car in PT or ST and you can use any tire you'd like.

ShadowBolt
09-08-2014, 06:52 PM
I ordered two RA1's today since I had Toyo Bucks that would expire on 9-11-14. Bryan Curtis was faster on RA1's at Hallett than the RR's. I don't know what tire is better but I feel like I can get more life out of the RA1.

JJ

michaelmosty
09-09-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm too much of a cheap ass to ever buy RR's again. I have 8 heat cycles on them and they feel like junk.

AI#97
09-09-2014, 03:32 PM
I'm too much of a cheap ass to ever buy RR's again. I have 8 heat cycles on them and they feel like junk.

Didn't tyler match the lap record on RA1's?

mach1
09-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Didn't tyler match the lap record on RA1's?

Test and tune on Friday, ran a 28 flat on crusty 16hc ra1s at 5 PM
I think my best on the rr's was a 28.5