PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Nationals - updates

michaelmosty
08-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Guys, I know y'all are probably super busy there at Nationals but if you have time to give some updates it will be greatly appreciated.

I saw times this morning for Patterson and Mark in AI, Sammy in CMC, and Aaron, Jack, Bill, and Dennis in SI.
Good luck everyone!!!

ShadowBolt
08-28-2014, 07:38 PM
I know Corey had twenty flats on the borrowed enclosed trailer and DD brought him his open trailer. I saw only one session for Corey and he was four or five seconds behind Aaron.

Also I saw the Eriik S. guy the one that won CMC with the baby car seat in the race car then drove the car home turned in a time even faster than Patterson (two seconds faster). Don't know what class he is in but he is driving a Mustang.

Boudy flew up this morning to hang out with Corey and his gang.

JJ

Suck fumes
08-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Super hot today. I ran 12 heat cycle tires all day and was 2nd fastest behind miller who mainly ran new tires but only a few tenths faster haha. He told me he wasn't running all his weight though so it should be very close tomm for the race. The Dyno has been a HUGE problem. The weather station on the Dyno reads incorrectly so tonight at the drivers meeting Will Faules announced tomm they will be doing Dyno runs WITHOUT corrections. So who knows what cars will pass being that we will be first in the morning when it's cool out.

Trublu
08-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Super hot today. I ran 12 heat cycle tires all day and was 2nd fastest behind miller who mainly ran new tires but only a few tenths faster haha. He told me he wasn't running all his weight though so it should be very close tomm for the race. The Dyno has been a HUGE problem. The weather station on the Dyno reads incorrectly so tonight at the drivers meeting Will Faules announced tomm they will be doing Dyno runs WITHOUT corrections. So who knows what cars will pass being that we will be first in the morning when it's cool out.

I've always thought humility was summed up pretty well by Texas' own Buster Welch, who said "if you lose, say nothing. If you win, say less"

BryanL
08-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Good luck guys. Anyone know how the race was today? I don't see results on racemonitor?

michaelmosty
08-29-2014, 02:51 PM
I haven't seen anything official but while I was watching it it looked like Mike was 4th and Mark was 6th in AI. Aaron was 1st with Corey 2nd in SI. The timer said "Final" at the top right but I have yet to see any results posted.

Suck fumes
08-29-2014, 03:15 PM
It's final. Texas laid the smack down on the east coast!

Fbody383
08-29-2014, 04:14 PM
It's final. Texas laid the smack down on the east coast! Whoop! Good work guys... how did AI go?

Supercharged111
08-30-2014, 01:24 AM
Time for meaningless rule change threads to pop up on the national forum! Congrats guys.

marshall_mosty
08-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Looks like Aaron and Corey had a great race this morning. Patterson appeared to be 1/2 second off the pace, but had a good battle thru the race for the 6/7 position (not sure where he ended up).

michaelmosty
08-30-2014, 02:26 PM
How are things setting up for the Championship races tomorrow? Who is starting where? Standing or rolling start?

Suck fumes
08-30-2014, 05:45 PM
You should have seen the crowd my car attracted in tech when they saw I was running stock shocks! Hahaha. I spent 5 hrs in tech cause the shock Dyno guy didn't have an adapter for a stock shock. Me and Corey will be on the front row for tomm. Hopefully I'll get a better start tomm since they are all standing this weekend. It's already raining off and on so the grip will prob be less tomm. Dyno is useless as it has been reading all over the place for people. Having to run extra weight because of it.

michaelmosty
08-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Awesome, a TX 1/2 so far, keep it up!!! Corey is a beast on the standing starts, I hope they get the live feed working to watch tomorrows race.
Keep up the good running!!

michaelmosty
08-31-2014, 07:53 AM
Is anyone getting the live feed to work? I just have a blank screen with the sounds of Chris Griswolds car. What awesome coverage!!!

Trublu
08-31-2014, 08:34 AM
Race monitor says SI stayed a 1/2 Texas finish.

ShadowBolt
08-31-2014, 09:04 AM
Corey won it!

Fbody383
08-31-2014, 12:34 PM
You should have seen the crowd my car attracted in tech when they saw I was running stock shocks! Hahaha. I spent 5 hrs in tech cause the shock Dyno guy didn't have an adapter for a stock shock. That's too funny - great drivers can drive the wheels off anything.

Can't wait to hear more details on the Champ race - you guys get everything home safe.

Fbody383
08-31-2014, 12:42 PM
CMC Preliminary showing:
1) Wright
2) Owens
3) McSpadden - more podium hardware coming back to Texas.

Congrats Derek! Hope to see all you guys at least at Hallet in 2015.

Team AI - Mike and Mark - be safe coming home. Must have been a tough AI field.

MikeS
08-31-2014, 01:06 PM
SI looks like Corey followed by Aaron, both of whom beat a pro called Audrey Zavodsky from Michigan.

Results are still provisional though.

AI#97
08-31-2014, 01:53 PM
CMC Preliminary showing:
1) Wright
2) Owens
3) McSpadden - more podium hardware coming back to Texas.

Congrats Derek! Hope to see all you guys at least at Hallet in 2015.

Team AI - Mike and Mark - be safe coming home. Must have been a tough AI field.

Can't find the full AI results....anyone got a link or can post.

BADVENM
08-31-2014, 01:59 PM
http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_National_Championships/Sunday/Group%20A%20-%20AI%20AIX%20SI%20CMC/Group%20A%20Sunday%20Championship%20Race%20by%20Cl ass%20-%20Provisional.pdf

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_National_Championships/Sunday/Group%20A%20-%20AI%20AIX%20SI%20CMC/

mach1
08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Wow, awesome job guys, wish I could have made it!

Suck fumes
08-31-2014, 04:28 PM
Did I ever tell you guys I HATE standing starts haha especially in the wet. I fell to 5th at the start and had to play catch up. These guys don't know what team racing is and they def don't like to work together good lord! I kept getting dive bombed then finally when I got to second I had reeled in Corey and was only a couple car lengths behind the AI field caught us and I got screwed. O well I had fun and I'm glad me and my dad got a podium!

ShadowBolt
08-31-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm with you Aaron. I hate standing starts. I guess because I usually burn the tires up. Great job for you and tell your dad we are proud of him also.

JJ

marshall_mosty
08-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Patterson ended up with third. Burnett was DQ'd for passig under yellow.

Congrats to all the TX racers that came home with 4 of 9 podium spots!

GlennCMC70
08-31-2014, 11:11 PM

very nice work for all the NASA TX racers Way to leave a mark on another regions home turf.

NASA13
09-01-2014, 07:36 AM
What a fun weekend! It was awesome meeting and hanging out with all the other regions.
THANK GOD for standing starts!
There were some fast dudes out there and some awesome racing , I feel very fortunate to have had everything go my way.
Wish you guys were there. I'll post vids soon

Suck fumes
09-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Post Saturdays video. That was prob the most entertaining.

AI#97
09-01-2014, 11:43 AM

Awesome! Need to recap with mike about will stukas' car.

AllZWay
09-02-2014, 08:40 AM
Once again Texas proves they are the fastest in the Nation... Congrats to all those that raced.

Fbody383
09-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Once again Texas proves they are the fastest in the Nation... Congrats to all those that raced. Now if there was a National event that didn't require most of a week and 3-4 days on the road to get there. Corey's trailer tire budget might be more than my season.

Suck fumes
09-02-2014, 12:03 PM
It only took a day and a half drive for us. But yah 3 days total.

Cody Powell
09-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Did I ever tell you guys I HATE standing starts haha especially in the wet. I fell to 5th at the start and had to play catch up. These guys don't know what team racing is and they def don't like to work together good lord! I kept getting dive bombed then finally when I got to second I had reeled in Corey and was only a couple car lengths behind the AI field caught us and I got screwed. O well I had fun and I'm glad me and my dad got a podium!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rkAMFY2WSI

What a joke, check out your "team racing" at 4:12 and 7:39. Look at how close Corey was before you hit me and where he was just a few laps later!
You wouldn't have had to "reel" anybody in, if you had made a clean pass on me. YOU cost everyone with your JV move.

CONGRATS COREY! You earned it.(I got dibs on the Leprechaun for VIR Haha)

Suck fumes
09-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Your conduct after the race showed what kind of man you are. I wanted to apologize but your childish behavior didn't allow me to do that.

Rob Liebbe
09-02-2014, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rkAMFY2WSI

What a joke, check out your "team racing" at 4:12 and 7:39. Look at how close Corey was before you hit me and where he was just a few laps later!
You wouldn't have had to "reel" anybody in, if you had made a clean pass on me. YOU cost everyone with your JV move.

CONGRATS COREY! You earned it.(I got dibs on the Leprechaun for VIR Haha)

I'm gonna need a car/driver description on all 4 of those cars to know who is who please.

Fbody383
09-02-2014, 03:47 PM
I'm gonna need a car/driver description on all 4 of those cars to know who is who please. What I think I know:

Riding with Olaaf in the #212 - video description says so
Corey #13 off the front
Aaron #75 Blue/orange
Cody Powell #XXX in the white/silver car.

I think Corey has the start shown from looking back out of his car on his Facebook page. Cody had a great start from 5th, split 3rd/4th... i.e. "adjusted" Olaaf's mirror on the way up the middle.

During a championship race contact is inevitable and its not because someone is trying to take the other one out its because everyone wants to move up and no one is willing to give an inch. Contact not inevitable but everybody does want the top step and that was some close racing. Three wide - flat out.

Was there actual contact around 7:39 or just Cody pinched down the corner and got loose?

And then the AIX cars look like they were shot out of a cannon when they went by.

mach1
09-02-2014, 04:53 PM
Looked like great racing from a spectator point of view, what is the SI annual side mirror budget, $1000?

Cody Powell
09-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Your conduct after the race showed what kind of man you are. I wanted to apologize but your childish behavior didn't allow me to do that.

Look you little prick! You had every opportunity to show me what kind of man you thought I was, when I was there, in person. You can ask anyone from the texas region if I have ever done anything close to this and I guarantee you that they would say no. You are showing yourself as the Internet warrior you are now. At any point if you would have apologized I would have accepted it and yet here you are, still defending an indefensible position. Not only that but you had the audacity to get on the Web and gripe about other people, when YOU are the problem you describe. If would you have followed me I would have taken you straight to Corey, he wasn't going anywhere. Instead you screwed me and yourself with one stupid move.

Dave I can send you the picture, he hit me hard enough that my crew noticed the damage during the race, from way farther away than 50 feet and way faster than 50 miles an hour.

Suck fumes
09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
I couldn't follow you cause my car was getting hot hence the attempted pass. Look if we ever cross paths I will be more than happy to shake your hand and put this behind us but at the track you were not approachable to have a civil conversation with. And I wasn't griping about other people just pointing out that others won't bump draft and try to catch the leader. Instead we all used up our tires fighting.

Cody Powell
09-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I couldn't follow you cause my car was getting hot hence the attempted pass. Look if we ever cross paths I will be more than happy to shake your hand and put this behind us but at the track you were not approachable to have a civil conversation with. And I wasn't griping about other people just pointing out that others won't bump draft and try to catch the leader. Instead we all used up our tires fighting.

Fair enough.

Suck fumes
09-02-2014, 06:13 PM
I really do apologize if I got you that angry. I don't think in the past 15yrs of racing I have made anyone react that way. I guess I'm just used to being aggressive racing with all the Miata guys but apparently I need to be more careful with the mustang crowd cause everyone isn't used to it yet. So in the future I will be more mindful of that.

NASA13
09-02-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm so glad you guys are burying the hatchet! It's so hard on us kids to watch y'all fight .
Cody , I love you , but you're crazy if you think I would let you deliver yourself and Aaron to my back door !
Seriously though , great weekend , I'm thrilled to have won and I'm humbled by the talent That showed up. There was half a dozen guys that could have won on Sunday. I made lots of new friends and I can't wait to meet you all again next year.

Cody Powell
09-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Corey brother! We were having some beers on your back porch!

Aaron I definitely could have handled it better. I apologize. And I don't think it is the hard racing I took issue with. I think it is when it cost both of us that I got upset! It is a super competitive class. The top 9 had lap times within a second. That is crazy. It is going to be a great class in the future. Hopefully you guys are planning on VIR next year!

NASA13
09-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Yeah you were and you left your beer cans too
I gotta get a new bumper cover .
Jeff's trying to get my videos uploaded , front and rear view. It was intense racing for sure

ShadowBolt
09-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Cody, DUDE at 32:46 watching in the rear view mirror how close were you to the wall?

JJ

Cody Powell
09-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Haha yeah I got a little happy with the loud pedal! I was closer than I wanted to be.

NASA13
09-03-2014, 10:06 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3LT170V7Xz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sunday
Front and rear gopro from the LMR #13

Fbody383
09-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Aaron I definitely could have handled it better. I apologize. And I don't think it is the hard racing I took issue with. I think it is when it cost both of us that I got upset!

I really do apologize if I got you that angry. I don't think in the past 15yrs of racing I have made anyone react that way. I guess I'm just used to being aggressive racing with all the Miata guys but apparently I need to be more careful with the mustang crowd cause everyone isn't used to it yet.

Now that you guys have met... This is the attitude that I really appreciate from this group. I kinda know 3 of the top 4 finishers in SI and I fully expect that as you get to know each other better as racers, and people, the racing will only get "more."

Corey - get those guys some grilled tofu and a wheat grass shot, just not too much parsley.

Fbody383
09-03-2014, 10:28 AM
http://youtu.be/3LT170V7Xz0
Sunday
Front and rear gopro from the LMR #13
Turn down for what? Man, that's a lot of orange when the camera is that far back.

NASA13
09-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Orange is FAST!
Veggie Powered is fast too!

Suck fumes
09-03-2014, 11:47 AM
My chili dog ass was catching you haha

BryanL
09-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Congrats to all the Texas guys making the trip-wish I would have made it with you. Great job getting 4 cars on the Podium and Corey getting the win-that's a great showing from Texas. Love seeing Sammy get a podium in CMC-hope you keep running the car with us until it sells. Good to hear Boudreaux made it out there but won't come to a Texas event-Robert-better make it to TWS in Oct.

Everyone knows I also enjoy hearing about some drama especially when it comes to Nat's so let's have some more story's. What was the outcome of Aaron running stock shocks? That's funny so see in a spec class with a spec shock but I guess you can run stock as well-cool. Come on Mark-you have to have some story to share with us as well.

Cody-did you get out of the car after the race like these guys from the new Speednews? Fast forward to 1:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2l7w3Rhj4Q

NASA13
09-03-2014, 01:32 PM
My chili dog ass was catching you haha

Your chili dogs and frosted flakes just made you fast because you needed to get to a bathroom !

Suck fumes
09-03-2014, 01:47 PM
The outcome was that it was stock and everyone didn't believe me haha. The shock Dyno proved it though. Funny thing was I set the fastest race lap and track record as well lol!!

Goes to show you that you don't need the $2500 kit to go fast. The stockers were a $100 for the whole set!

Cody Powell
09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
You're killing me Bryan!

smitty328
09-03-2014, 04:38 PM
The only story I have is that I was pretty slow and I forgot to bring by big boy sac for turn 12.

RichardP
09-03-2014, 04:51 PM
I was all excited to watch Corey's video because it had a rearward shot of what I knew to be an exciting battle behind him. What a let down. Everyone is too far away to see crap.

I'm excited you won. Do that again next time. But don't pull out so far so you make a better camera car... :-)

Richard P.

BryanL
09-03-2014, 05:05 PM
The only story I have is that I was pretty slow and I forgot to bring by big boy sac for turn 12.

I don't know turn 12 but at least you didn't park it in a wall like another Nats.

Come on Cody-your on a Texas board-now come to Hallett.

Aaron-was there any shock money to be won anyway? That's hilarious as I'm guessing you were the only one on stock shocks then and they figured you had revalved them. I never knew they even had a shock dyno at an event.

Suck fumes
09-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Yep but it took 5hrs for them to figure out how to rig up a stock shock on a dyno LOL!

NASA13
09-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Let's compromise and I just won't run the fish eye lens in the back
Saturday was more entertaining
I will get that loaded soon

I was all excited to watch Corey's video because it had a rearward shot of what I knew to be an exciting battle behind him. What a let down. Everyone is too far away to see crap.

I'm excited you won. Do that again next time. But don't pull out so far so you make a better camera car... :-)

Richard P.

NASA13
09-03-2014, 07:50 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-CuMSCHjIcM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Saturdays race is much more entertaining
Cody had a crazy start and aaron and I were bump drafting

JMR81
09-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Here's our video of first lap from qr1 9 good turns, 1bad1. He managed to get back the positions lost before the clutch blew up. Pretty much set the tone for the weekend.QR2 the power steering pump went out, would come and go in the middle of turn through out the race. Championship race apparently the power steering had never worked very well because the new one worked to good struggled with the car all race. Were happy the Texas guys had 4 of the top ten positions. disappointed in our results but still had a good time. See you TWS. http://youtu.be/VtxsYKzU0Xs

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VtxsYKzU0Xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NASA13
09-05-2014, 09:49 AM
You're missing NOLA?

NASA13
09-05-2014, 09:53 AM
That thing looks like a handful to drive. I'll give you my full set up notes if you want to give it a try a tws

Suck fumes
09-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Just throw those HVTs away and buy stock shocks.

mach1
09-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Just throw those HVTs away and buy stock shocks.

solid, the kyb's work great on my car!

JMR81
09-06-2014, 10:30 AM
You're missing NOLA?

No, not going to Nola.