PDA

View Full Version : 1993 Camaro - CMC car for sale $12,000

AllZWay
09-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Well... I didn't think I would ever do this, but I think it is time to sell my car. I think I just have lost interest for now for a multitude of reasons. I am not going to give the car away, because it can just sit and take up space in my shop, but I would like to free up the space for some other project.

1993 Camaro Mustang Challenge Racecar
Fully CMC legal cage - with NASA log book
New rebuilt LT1 engine by Blaines - two weekends on new engine: Over $2,000 invested in new engine with new starter, water pump, and radiator.
32MM front bar with poly bushings
21mm rear bar with poly bushings
11 - 17" 10-Spoke Camaro SS wheels.
4 - new never mounted Toyo RR's
6- Toyo RA1's for practice
750lb front springs with Unbalanced Engineering Bilstein shocks
225lb rear springs with Unbalance Engineering Bilstein shocks
Belts and window net are in date.
15" Kirkey seat with new cover
Has mounted brake ducts, but needs new duct hoses
New OMP steering wheel with quick release installed, but never raced.
New.. not installed adapters from Jim Dulaney for C5R race hubs (no hubs)

Spares:
Car comes with a spare car with body parts if wanted..no title.
Spare 30mm and 19mm bars with poly bushings.
Spare rear glass/deck
1 Spare front hub
1 Spare knuckle
Spare front Bilstein HD shocks with 700lb hypercoils
Spare rear Bilstein HD shocks

The positives:
This car has won over 45 CMC races, set numerous track records, and has won two Texas regional championships.
This car is race ready...add your numbers and required stickers and go racing.
This car has new paint.

The negatives:
The car needs all new numbers and required stickers since was recently painted.
Needs new brake ducts hoses
This car was built on a budget and still uses the majority of the factory gauges.
Could benefit from shock upgrades.
Could benefit from brake upgrades. (stock LS1 brakes)
The racing seat is small.

$8,500 (add up all the parts, new engine, new paint, new tires, C5R adapters, and a caged car and it is a heck of lot more than this)

ShadowBolt
09-09-2014, 02:21 PM
This makes me sick. Really hate to lose you James......I mean Brother.

JJ

AllZWay
09-10-2014, 08:11 AM
This makes me sick. Really hate to lose you James......I mean Brother.

JJ

Thanks Jerry... If the car doesn't sell, I might still race it next season. I don't really want to go through the hassle of a new dyno and all for this year.....and not even sure if the girls sports schedule would even allow racing this year anyway.

MikeP99Z
09-13-2014, 11:24 AM
I think you need to bring it to TWS and make sure everything works correctly. Last romp on the 2.9 CCW...

Storm Trooper
09-13-2014, 04:53 PM
I think you need to bring it to TWS and make sure everything works correctly. Last romp on the 2.9 CCW...
James come out to TWS!! Come race with us!

Fbody383
09-13-2014, 06:55 PM
I think you should come race and bring a pair of those 17's to sell me...

Al Fernandez
09-14-2014, 11:38 AM
So if you dont sell it you'll come race next year? Isnt that an incentive for everyone to torpedo your sale?? :)

AllZWay
09-15-2014, 08:07 AM
So if you dont sell it you'll come race next year? Isnt that an incentive for everyone to torpedo your sale?? :)

Maybe....but I am okay with that. ;)

I really can't make it TWS, although it is tempting to try...I don't want to ruin my new tires and get a dyno for one weekend. I might race Houston in January though... since it doesn't look I will have the car sold.

Dave.. It is a package deal... wheels go with the car. :D

Fbody383
09-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Dave.. It is a package deal... wheels go with the car. :D Ok, it's a deal... i'll take the package for the price of the 2 wheels. Will have to paint it Orange once I get it home though.

ShadowBolt
09-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Maybe....but I am okay with that. ;)

I really can't make it TWS, although it is tempting to try...I don't want to ruin my new tires and get a dyno for one weekend. I might race Houston in January though... since it doesn't look I will have the car sold.

Dave.. It is a package deal... wheels go with the car. :D

Since you are not running for points why not fun run at TWS and/or ECR (if you can make it) without a dyno?

JJ

Al Fernandez
09-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Yeah, no way you're gonna sell that jaloppy. That thing is known to break any time it goes to Hallett so its useless for real CMC drivers.

BlueFirePony
09-16-2014, 08:52 PM
Since you are not running for points why not fun run at TWS and/or ECR (if you can make it) without a dyno?

JJ
+1 I was looking forward to seeing you (and the family if they could make it) again so try to make one or both events JP!
Slim chance that we will have BlueFirePony at ECR but we will be there testing our race info system at both events.

AllZWay
09-17-2014, 08:21 AM
Yeah, no way you're gonna sell that jaloppy. That thing is known to break any time it goes to Hallett so its useless for real CMC drivers.

For Hallett... It has always wreckers or checkers for sure. :o

AllZWay
09-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Make an offer... the schedule isn't looking to favorable for racing next year either.

Rob Liebbe
09-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Make an offer... the schedule isn't looking to favorable for racing next year either.

Just let it set, it is a lot easier to dust it off vs building a new car.