PDA

View Full Version : Possible new track

ShadowBolt
09-15-2014, 06:34 PM
I talked to a person in the know today about what we were going to do when TWS closes. He told me there is a good possibility we will get a new track in Brenham. The people that live there are raising hell but I don't think they can stop it.

http://kwhi.com/standing-room-only-crowd-objects-to-proposed-track/

I hope this happens. I will know more tomorrow. The person I talked to today said TWS is not worth saving even if it was possible.

JJ

Fbody383
09-16-2014, 09:07 AM
It's always funny to me... Arlington uses imminent domain to steal, yes I said - and I mean STEAL - property from people to build Jerry's place but that's ok... it's "for the children." Or the people that move near an airport and complain about, get this, airplane noise.

But a private party buys property for a use some might not completely agree with and they go bonkers. This is freakin' Texas. It's a great private property state. If you want the 1000 acres around your mobile home then shut up and buy it.

Now, is it reasonable and within community standards to have some reasonable restrictions on the land use? Probably.

Just don't drive your racecar all up and down their one lane country roads...

Fbody383
09-16-2014, 09:09 AM
The person I talked to today said TWS is not worth saving even if it was possible. Would like the color on that; location? condition of property? Some pending waterfall event that greatly impacts the operation?

Al Fernandez
09-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Wow that'd be awesome! Isnt Brenham where Ammunition2Go is also so you can go race and stock up on bullets? Sure would be nice to have enough mula to buy a piece of land and put a track on it.

I can understand that TWS is worth more as condo property than a race track, but its a damn shame.

Pranav
09-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Call me stubborn, but as an Aggie I don't want to go to Brenham twice a year, I want to go to TWS and College Station.

Wish I were rich, then I'd just buy it and turn it into a NOLA-style complex with skidpad, drag strip, rallyx area, and a shooting range.

Fbody383
09-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Wish I were rich...You don't have to be. You just have to convince enough people with, (more than) enough money, that what you want to do makes a better risk trade than what they are doing now.

I just stop by Freedom on 290 on the way to either.

nasa-rm
09-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Call me stubborn, but as an Aggie I don't want to go to Brenham twice a year, I want to go to TWS and College Station.

Wish I were rich, then I'd just buy it and turn it into a NOLA-style complex with skidpad, drag strip, rallyx area, and a shooting range.

One word sells it for me. Hotels. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g55525-Brenham_Texas-Hotels.html Would be nice not fighting A&M for rooms.

The track maps and facility plans I have reviewed and commented on makes me feel that if the track comes to fruition, people will be asking to go there at least 3-4 times a year.

ShadowBolt
09-18-2014, 12:59 PM
One word sells it for me. Hotels. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g55525-Brenham_Texas-Hotels.html Would be nice not fighting A&M for rooms.

The track maps and facility plans I have reviewed and commented on makes me feel that if the track comes to fruition, people will be asking to go there at least 3-4 times a year.
Next week I will have the aerial shots I can post for you.

JJ

AI#97
09-18-2014, 01:14 PM

There are plans out there to do just that and more......all it takes is the right amount of money to pry it out of the current owner's hands.....which few folks have access to.

BryanL
09-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Before you invest you should look up the word: Vacancy. There are only 4 (with the worst reveiws) of the 10 hotels you listed available the weekend of TWS on Oct 10/11 which leads me to believe there aren't many available at the other hotels either. There is no availability the weekend before at any of them-and there isn't an aggie game (hint:it's something else). Now I do love me some Blue Bell? Not sure what else there is to eat there.

That being said I sure hope the track goes through regardless of what happens to TWS. I would love both of them to be operating.

ShadowBolt
09-18-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't care if TWS closes if we get the new track. If you had read what the people of that fine town think about us and the track you may change you mind also. They deserve to lose our dollars. I read letter after letter about that eyesore and those loud cars.

JJ

Pranav
09-18-2014, 02:17 PM
As opposed the Ice Cream eaters throwing a fit about a new track in their backyard? (See: standing room only meetings full of objections about proposal).

College Station is becoming a rich, well-funded college town. Lots of rich, affluent, far-from-rural people flocking to town and bitching about the track that magically appeared out of nowhere in their backyard. In general though, HOA-nazi-weenies exist anywhere, they're just a new phenomenon in College Station as that town grows southward.

I'm hoping the education bubble finally pops and kills all that artificial, education-driven growth.

Fbody383
09-18-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm hoping the federally backed financial-aid-loan-as-a-boil-on-your-wallet-for-life bubble finally pops and kills all that artificial, education-driven growth.Fixed it for ya.

ShadowBolt
09-18-2014, 03:58 PM
As opposed the Ice Cream eaters throwing a fit about a new track in their backyard? (See: standing room only meetings full of objections about proposal).

College Station is becoming a rich, well-funded college town. Lots of rich, affluent, far-from-rural people flocking to town and bitching about the track that magically appeared out of nowhere in their backyard. In general though, HOA-nazi-weenies exist anywhere, they're just a new phenomenon in College Station as that town grows southward.

I'm hoping the education bubble finally pops and kills all that artificial, education-driven growth.

I saw the article but that is just the land owners bitching. There are not that many of them. The people you talk about in CS I don't think understand how much money TWS brings to town.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
09-18-2014, 04:05 PM
I a new track with a good layout, good facilities, proper RV hookups, etc. were to replace a crumbling old TWS, then I'm for it. RV spots with extra long pads where you can pull through with truck and trailer would be so cool!!!!

kbrewmr2
09-18-2014, 04:51 PM
I saw the article but that is just the land owners bitching. There are not that many of them. The people you talk about in CS I don't think understand how much money TWS brings to town.

JJ

I never saw where anyone that does track stuff heard about the event, thus, I wouldn't expect many supporters to know that they should've showed up.

ShadowBolt
09-19-2014, 07:22 AM
I never saw where anyone that does track stuff heard about the event, thus, I wouldn't expect many supporters to know that they should've showed up.

The guy was just looking for a tax abatement. The word got out that it was for a race track and the people that live on or near that road showed up. He withdrew his asking for tax relief. If any of these people have money they could tie this up for a long time. Lets hope they either don't have it or will not chance spending and losing it.

JJ

Suck fumes
09-19-2014, 08:00 AM
I bet a lot of it is a big bark with no bite.

nasa-rm
09-22-2014, 06:01 PM
More news and official announcement expected later today.

ShadowBolt
09-22-2014, 06:59 PM
More news and official announcement expected later today.

The land owners are going ballistic.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/texas/460616-new-race-track-texas.html

I hope they can't stop it.

JJ

Suck fumes
09-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Good thing Keith verges is on there. At least he's a good lawyer that knows his stuff and can talk some sense into those people who are against the track.

MikeP99Z
09-22-2014, 11:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMNqY80gcsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76pVqSu9L4o

Fbody383
09-23-2014, 09:03 AM
I love liberal hypocrites:

We are protecting the land that we bought with our hard earned money. We will defend that just as anyone else would in this country.

Shotguns, rifles, and tractors are all noices that we EXPECT to hear here. It's a way of life. 40 cars dumping throttles, squealing tires through turns, followed by high rpm blasts through the straights is not.

Our only choice is to fight - and to encourage the development somewhere else away from so many homes.

Farmer Dave - thanks for your reply - we are trying to be respectful as well.

This is Texas - we have been known to stand up a time or two to defend what is ours. "Come and take it"

And the bee lady that has been "stealing" pollen from pasture land she doesn't own, and doesn't compensate the owner for.

Well the track developer is "protecting the land (he) bought with (his) hard earned money;" he's using it for a legal purpose of his choice. He DID come and take it; with a check, which anybody else could have, and if he's a true capitalist still can do.

Maybe the Wonder Hill Gang needs to pool their resources and purchase a larger tract of land they can all live in... in Utopia (http://www.utopiatv.com/home).

p.s. - read up on some of the DIY stuff and mods the F-car guys do... some of them are a lot more AI/CMC than you might originally think. Now where did I park that 355?
<!-- / message -->

Fbody383
09-23-2014, 09:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMNqY80gcsU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76pVqSu9L4o
Cool... but where's the Corey line version and going CW that pond looks too reachable.

AllZWay
09-23-2014, 09:31 AM
I wished they would buy land locally...... the old dirt track is rotting away and it on land that would make a great multi-use facility. The previous owner had talked about adding a drag strip to go with the dirt track and there is enough property to also add a road course.

All is for sale right now and no one to bitch and moan about it being built.

ShadowBolt
09-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Www.clubtrackholdings.com

kbrewmr2
09-24-2014, 08:57 AM
98 - 103 dB limits it seems. Not bad, just something to pay attention to.

Fbody383
09-24-2014, 10:11 AM
In case you were wondering: Accredited Investors (http://www.sec.gov/answers/accred.htm)

ShadowBolt
09-24-2014, 10:21 AM
I did not even know what that meant. Still don't since I'm not reading all that shit. So not everyone can purchase a share?

JJ

Fbody383
09-24-2014, 10:22 AM
I did not even know what that meant. Still don't since I'm not reading all that shit. So not everyone can purchase a share? Short answer for most of us 1) million dollar net worth excluding primary residence value, 2) earnings north of $200k last two years.

Everybody else can "donate" but not invest. And if there are 46 possible weekends already booked... i think most of have already "donated" ahead of time.

kbrewmr2
09-24-2014, 11:24 AM
looks like the donation stuff does get you credit towards track time in the future (test days and whatnot). Still $2 in, $1 out roughly but it's going to a good cause (some new place to race) so that's not a bad thing all in all :)

Fbody383
09-25-2014, 09:01 AM
Still $2 in, $1 out Track Lovers and Motorsports Patrons - $1 in / $0.80 out - at the minimum level... that starts to really look like a pretty good deal.

Tilton
09-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Track Lovers and Motorsports Patrons - $1 in / $0.80 out - at the minimum level... that starts to really look like a pretty good deal.

Are we sure 1 Track Buck = $1? What is stopping them from following an airline reward system where "X" amount of Track Bucks = $1?

marshall_mosty
09-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Are we sure 1 Track Buck = $1? What is stopping them from following an airline reward system where "X" amount of Track Bucks = $1?
And then changing it as the wind blows... My AA miles aren't worth near as much today as in the past. Must be inflation.

kbrewmr2
09-25-2014, 12:11 PM
What's stopping them from changing it? Bad publicity and putting a bad taste in the mouth of club racers in general. Seeing what their roots are and the focus of the place (by club racers for club racers), I'd doubt they'd do anything too untoward in that direction. YMMV though.

How long has it been since Barber opened and people still (now wrongfully) say watch out you'll get charged for sod?

Fbody383
09-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Are we sure 1 Track Buck = $1? What is stopping them from following an airline reward system where "X" amount of Track Bucks = $1?You're asking the wrong question. If you are concerned about the absolute value of the potential of exchange, then invest your dollar elsewhere. Inflation, deflation or stagflation of the "track buck" is divorced from the absolute currency value of the federal reserve note. Should the enterprise reprice the services in exchange for "money" then your track buck will have lost value relative to the currency but it is still a track buck.

Tilton who?