PDA

View Full Version : Camp Texas at Mid Ohio

dirwin
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks to everyone! Camp Texas was a blast and turned out to be the place to be!

Glenn, Jeff, Robert, Todd, Adam and anyone I missed, it was a hell of a lot of fun!

Congrats to all of you guys that ran CMC you guys kicked it!

We couldn't have asked for a better group to hang with for the week, thanks for making us feel at home.

Dave

Robert, I am going to force feed my picky ass crew next year.

AI#97
09-19-2006, 01:01 PM
sounds like you guys had a blast and I only wish I could have been there to enjoy the fun with you. Maybe next year I will go and put AI 97 in the top 10 too...

Dave, what happened on lap 4?

dirwin
09-19-2006, 01:24 PM
I drove into 7 deep to get around the 90 car who was running slower and defensive. He pushed me further to the inside, I locked the right front and flatspotted the tire bad. The car was shaking so bad that it kicked the fuel pump switch in the middle of 12 and left me sitting in the MIDDLE of the track. I got the car off after the 13 flag stand and watched the rest of the race from there.

Kinda sucked. I had the car running 1:40.232 by Friday and qualified 6th. During the start of the Friday qualifying race something went wrong and the car started banging out a little. I couldn't get back into the 40's after that. By Saturday's qualifying race it was getting worse and I couldn't muster but a 1:41.404. The shitty part was we finally figured it out right before the race, a idle jet had sucked down through the engine and fucked up a plug. The car was running better, I just got impatient and screwed up, that car was running good enough for a top 6-7.

Tex89
09-19-2006, 02:18 PM
sounds like you guys had a blast and I only wish I could have been there to enjoy the fun with you. Maybe next year I will go and put AI 97 in the top 10 too...

Hey Mister Waffle, I thought you were selling everything & doing HPDE's?

AI#97
09-19-2006, 04:01 PM

Hey Mister Waffle, I thought you were selling everything & doing HPDE's?

Don't know yet....still working out the details of the divorce....won't know probably for several weeks but I will be in Houston in October and November for the SCMC event.....

Boudy
09-19-2006, 07:24 PM
It was truely a blast,although we did have to stop the party during working hours to race. Ahhh, what a problem to have...

Boudy

Todd Covini
09-19-2006, 10:11 PM
Definately a fun week! You sure know know how to host a part-tay, Boudy!!! I just arrived and unpacked and have returned to "normal" as of 10 PM Tue. nite....kinda havin' withdrawals without a 'Rita machine on tap though!!!

-=- Todd