PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Ohio Nationals Pictures!

gt40
09-19-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm slowly digging through all the images I shot last weekend. Here's the first batch:

AI/CMC Championship Car Roster (http://www.texicanracing.com/Galleries/Races/2006-09-16-MidOhioNats/AI_CMC_Champ_Start/index.html) - A photo of every car in Sunday's championship race as it enters the track.

cjlmlml
09-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I need a good one of camp texas to put up on the main page

pls email it to me

AI#97
09-19-2006, 04:04 PM
WOW!!! Did anyone check to see if the MM shop car was at a legal ride height! That thing was LOW!!!

Adam's car looked good too!

donovan
09-19-2006, 04:07 PM
WOW!!! Did anyone check to see if the MM shop car was at a legal ride height! That thing was LOW!!!

Adam's car looked good too!

Rumor has it they are running an IRS, that is very interesting...

cjlmlml
09-19-2006, 04:09 PM
IRS is confirmed

dirwin
09-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Ride heights were checked, as was tranny, dyno and all kinds of safety. Friday all of the top 10 were checked and Saturday and Sunday it took over 45 minutes to get the top 5 out of impound after qualifying and the qualifying race and the Sunday race.

Dyno onsite and tech guys who were looking was good.

marshall_mosty
09-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Adam,
Your car does look great... gotta give kudos to the painter.

gt40
09-19-2006, 05:37 PM
This is from the start of the CMC championship race. LT and Bob Lewis are standing to the right.

http://texicanracing.com/Galleries/Races/2006-09-16-MidOhioNats/CMC_Start/index.html

As you can see, I was pretty close to the action -- having photographer credentials and being a race "official" had its advantages!

AI#97
09-19-2006, 06:09 PM
does anyone remember from the webcast that right after the start of the race that the announcer said that "todd covini is the OVERALL leader"......?

I am sure Todd would pay good money to hear that himself!!!

Rob Liebbe
09-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Yep - I remember that as well

Todd Covini
09-19-2006, 10:20 PM
I couldn't afford the fee for the final results to refect that as well. :wink:

GlennCMC70
09-20-2006, 08:44 AM
here is a link to 2 i noticed.
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/pics/20060918/20060918%20040.html
http://www.nasa-southeast.com/pics/20060918/20060918%20041.html

RichardP
09-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Seeing all the cars on grid was an awesome sight...

Richard P.

Tex89
09-20-2006, 09:00 AM
It looks like Todd had competition in the truck class. :D

http://texicanracing.com/Galleries/Races/2006-09-16-MidOhioNats/CMC_Start/target10.html

GlennCMC70
09-20-2006, 09:04 AM
what do you guys think of my new signature?
the first case for national distribution was delivered to Mid Ohio just last weekend.
:P

jeffburch
09-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Heck, we ran out of stock and everything is on backorder!

jb

GlennCMC70
09-20-2006, 11:13 AM
8)

AI#97
09-20-2006, 11:45 AM
what do you guys think of my new signature?
the first case for national distribution was delivered to Mid Ohio just last weekend.
:P

Just back it up in Houston. YOu better get a restock of some 'stockings'!!! LOL! :lol:

GlennCMC70
09-20-2006, 12:15 PM
watch that mouth of yours Matt. there is this new thing called CMC-S, and all i gotta do is drop the restrictor and you may earn yourself a pair. :wink:

Adam Ginsberg
09-20-2006, 12:45 PM
watch that mouth of yours Matt. there is this new thing called CMC-S, and all i gotta do is drop the restrictor and you may earn yourself a pair. :wink:

He deserves a pair just for chickening out of the Nats. Think we can find a size large enough to fit over his ego?

donovan
09-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Think we can find a size large enough to fit over his ego?

Not a chance...

AI#97
09-20-2006, 02:56 PM

He deserves a pair just for chickening out of the Nats. Think we can find a size large enough to fit over his ego?

Wasn't totally a chickening out Adam... My wife filed for divorce and we are working through that....racing fun money has been tight for a few weeks and that was ultimately what stopped me at the last minute. kind of blind sided me 3 days before the deadline to sign up. I was going to still try and talk myself into it but made a smarter decision cause my head would not have been in the right place anyway.

However, you can all bring you A-game in October and I will gladly hand ALL of you your butts! I might not even prep the car other than put the air in the tires and gas in the tank. An aweful lot of shit talk from a couple CMC'rs! Maybe Glenn will finally nut up and pull the restricter off his beast and show us what he really has?! :wink:

where's burch?! :lol:

Todd Covini
09-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the divorce, Matt. Definately tough times...

Getting back on topic....TheRaceSite has some great action shots of us!

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?template=pa&pa_id=1954

-=- Todd

jeffburch
09-20-2006, 03:25 PM
.....I'm still basking in the euphoria of national success.
Nursing a champagne hangover! :lol:

jb

gt40
09-20-2006, 03:34 PM
I hope to have more pics up soon. I haven't even scratched the surface...

AI#97
09-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the divorce, Matt. Definately tough times...

Getting back on topic....TheRaceSite has some great action shots of us!

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?template=pa&pa_id=1954

-=- Todd

got some good ones of your car Todd!!! Interesting looking at teh G-stream wings on the cars...they have a really high angle of attack on them which can't be good for drag?

Todd Covini
09-20-2006, 04:22 PM
I don't know anything about aerodynamics, but here are some more photos!!! :D

http://markus.smugmug.com/gallery/1905021

Waco Racer
09-21-2006, 08:42 AM
http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?template=pa&form_pa_id=1959&form_photo_num=31

A couple of things about this pic.

1 - The 240SX rolled Saturday morning during warm-up and was able to make repairs and race on Sunday.

2 - To Team Warhorse, it works better driving with the flow of traffic.

gt40
09-21-2006, 09:18 AM
http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?template=pa&form_pa_id=1959&form_photo_num=31

A couple of things about this pic.

1 - The 240SX rolled Saturday morning during warm-up and was able to make repairs and race on Sunday...

Thats this guy:

Todd Covini
09-21-2006, 11:58 AM
It's apparent that the "rollover crowd" likes to stick together. :wink:

jeffburch
09-24-2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/ChampLoRezEditDown.wmv

Do Not link to this.
Not for public consumption.
Link will die very soon.
Thx to Rob't King, again.

jb

AI#97
09-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Damn!!!! You ran a great race jeff!!! Great save when that clown got into you and if it weren't for the vintage car and the one AI car that ended up going off, you would have had a much better chance at the green car.

Overall, well done!!!!

Mike Bell
09-25-2006, 08:12 AM
Great driving Jeff. Thanks for sharing the video too! See you in a few weeks.

Rob Liebbe
09-25-2006, 09:29 AM
When I grow up, I want to drive like Jeff and Glenn!!!

Todd Covini
09-25-2006, 09:55 AM
It was definately the "Jeff & Glenn" show...especially on the Argent Lab Safety Broadcast. :wink: LOL <<Boudy rolls his eyes>>

Kidding aside....The boys represented us well!

Thanks for sharing the video Jeff....now I know where I lost ~15 positions on the first lap. Boxed in and noo-where to go. hahahaha Nice driving and picking thru the field!!!

(Sounds like you have a Spec Miata in your tranny or rear diff.)

I'm off to the airport and will be in Alaska on business the remainder of the week. Talk to you guys this weekend if life will slow down a bit to allow me to catch up...(Kinda like the Jeff & Glenn show!)

-=- Todd

jeffburch
09-25-2006, 10:15 AM
Yea, I put the tranny and rearend in the shop wednesday.
I went by there this morn and he was putting the tranny back together.
Found nothing.
He was diving into the rearend today.
Hopefully a bearing.

I didn't win any drag races so I might have had some extra friction.
I ran the car on stands in 5th at 3k for 30min (with tranny/diff) and shot everything with a heat gun and found nothing.

I went thru the exhaust this w'end. Gaskets and donuts and such.
I didn't notice anywhere it had been leaking.
I don't think the noise was from the exhaust but....

Dunno?

Thanks for the kind words all,
I'll be there.

jb

CMC17
09-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Car definitely sounds different from other events here in Texas.

I couldn't see the tach, but sounds like the motor was up over 6200 most of the time on the long straights and not a noticable difference between 4th and 5th gear. lol

CMC17
09-25-2006, 10:26 AM
When I grow up, I want to drive like Jeff and Glenn!!!

You jumping in a GM now?

GlennCMC70
09-25-2006, 10:39 AM
i have the same race recorded from my car. i need someone to get it up for me and i need a way to get it to someone.
any takers? it has a nice shot of "Miss May" walking around waving to us on grid causing all kinds of train of thought issues. :wink:

its 223M by the way.

GlennCMC70
09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
my bet is the diff as it seemed to be consistant w/ MPH and not RPM. pinion bearing shot.

AI#97
09-25-2006, 10:47 AM
i have the same race recorded from my car. i need someone to get it up for me and i need a way to get it to someone.
any takers? it has a nice shot of "Miss May" walking around waving to us on grid causing all kinds of train of thought issues. :wink:

its 223M by the way.

If you can burn to CD....send it to me and I will host it. address in a PM to you....

jeffburch
09-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Matt, can you host mine?
I would like to share with the goobers on the national cmc.com site if so.

thx,

p.s. shifts were at the 5k norm.
When I went to 5th at T6 (kink) you can hear it go up in pitch.
Hence mine and Glenns thoughts of a final drive issue.

Glenn, need to knock that vid size down to a lower rez.
TC, take some long handles!

jb

donovan
09-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I prefer as large as you can make it... maybe post one at high res and one at low res.

I hate watching on a 20" screen in a 3"x3" window, but I have a dual T1 too.

David D.

AI#97
09-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Matt, can you host mine?
I would like to share with the goobers on the national cmc.com site if so.

thx,

p.s. shifts were at the 5k norm.
When I went to 5th at T6 (kink) you can hear it go up in pitch.
Hence mine and Glenns thoughts of a final drive issue.

Glenn, need to knock that vid size down to a lower rez.
TC, take some long handles!

jb

sure, I will put it up tonight. I have 10 gig of storage and 80 gig of bandwidth per month I ain't really using. Most of the stuff that has been hosted this year is still on there, I just need to renew the links.

Adam Ginsberg
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Jeff drove a stellar race, as did all of our folks.

Now that you've seen how Jeff made in thru the race, below are links to my drive from 22nd to 6th:

Complete Sunday CMC race from flag to flag, high res .MPG, 347mb: linky (http://www.shrackracing.com/2006/events/nationals/video/nasa-nationals-mid-ohio-highrez.mpg) Right click, save as.

Complete Sunday CMC race from flag to flag, low res .WMV, 89mb: linky (http://www.shrackracing.com/2006/events/nationals/video/nasa-nationals-lowrez.wmv) Right click, save as.

marshall_mosty
09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Jeff,
Just watched the vid... great driving. Jeff and Glenn show all the way.

I bet the 65-66 Mustang got on your nerves there for a while. Good save after the love tap also.

michaelmosty
09-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Awesome driving Jeff, congrats!!!!
I'm downloading Adam's video now and am already at 3% complete!!

Mike Bell
09-25-2006, 01:43 PM
I'd say Jeff cut that green SN95 some bigtime slack going into T1. Good driving Jeff and Glenn!

Tex89
09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
I just watched the video, good driving Jeff. :D Some of those AI or AIX sure did fly by ya. Why were the 2 cars allowed to stay in the grass area right after the esses past turn 1? It seemed if you lost it going thru, you sure would have hit them.

gt40
09-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Guys, you know you can always host stuff on my Texican Racing web and FTP server, right?

GlennCMC70
09-25-2006, 08:42 PM
i have just gotten my new PC up and running. it even has a DVD burner in it (yes, my old PC was 7+ years old). i should have a disc cut in the next day or so and off to someone for hosting.
its basically the Jeff show from my seat.

Lewis Tanner
09-26-2006, 10:19 AM
Guys, you know you can always host stuff on my Texican Racing web and FTP server, right?

Good, now why don't you get to hosting the rest of the 700 or so pictures taken at the nats? It's been, like, a month or something. :P

cjlmlml
09-26-2006, 12:45 PM
We can host all the pictures on this website AICMCTEXAS.com

is the address.

Go to photo gallery.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Now I know how Will Ferrel as Alex Trebec feels on Saturday Night Live

gt40
09-26-2006, 03:17 PM

Good, now why don't you get to hosting the rest of the 700 or so pictures taken at the nats? It's been, like, a month or something. :PBecause the Audi and the Truck decided to break down at the same time.

I swear -- I'm going to stop parking those two side-by-side! they planned this! :evil:

BTW -- know of any good watermarking software?[/b]

Tex89
09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/free-watermark.html

jeffburch
10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
dunno if this got linked yet.
jb vid synced with pa announcer audio.
Thanks for the editing Mitch!
Thanks for the bandwidth Robert King!
jb

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/CMCNats_wNarr.wmv

gt40
10-03-2006, 02:40 PM
jb

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/CMCNats_wNarr.wmvYou're welcome.

I'm almost finished with the Nats galleries. Expect them up on the Texican Racing web site Real Soon Now.

gt40
10-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm almost finished with the Nats galleries. Expect them up on the Texican Racing web site Real Soon Now.They is up! (http://www.texicanracing.com/Galleries/Races/2006-09-16-MidOhioNats/)

donovan
10-05-2006, 06:42 AM
Are you going to make any avaliable in RAW format or at least a larger sizes.

Those are super small sizes and the watermark just ruins the image...

What's with the watermark? What are you afraid of?
Are you a professional photographer and marketing these?

DD

gt40
10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Are you going to make any avaliable in RAW format or at least a larger sizes.

Those are super small sizes and the watermark just ruins the image...

What's with the watermark? What are you afraid of?
Are you a professional photographer and marketing these?

DDThe watermark is there to 1) mark the date and time the photo was shot, so you don't have to go digging throuth the EXIF data (whoch most folks don't have a clue about, and 2) promote Texican Racing.

Something wrong with taking credit for my work?

And yes, larger JPEG versions will be made available if anyone asks for them. RAW data (NEF actually,) will not.

donovan
10-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I was just wondering why watermark them if you are not a photographer making a pofit from them. If you feel you need to protect your photos or inform who the owner is you have every right.

I was just curious, I have over 5,000 photo here and on my web site and don't see the need. After 1989 you don't have to post a copyright(watermark) to be protected under the law.

Just curious,
DD

cjlmlml
10-06-2006, 11:20 AM
King,

Why dont you post the photos up on this website?

gt40
10-06-2006, 11:25 AM
King,

Why dont you post the photos up on this website?Because they're going to be part of the Texican Racing web site.

Mike Bell
10-06-2006, 12:34 PM
jb

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/CMCNats_wNarr.wmv

Finally got a chance to watch this entire video with the narration, great stuff! Awesome driving JB and GL. I loved the sync of the announcers, really got good in the latter half when the announcers focused on the front 4 in CMC. I got worried when I saw GL off in JB's rearview mirror but great job getting back onto the track! :D

You guys have something very fine to show your friends and family in this video. High Caliber stuff!! 8)

BTW, fantastic editing Mitch. :)

GlennCMC70
10-06-2006, 12:51 PM
i have the same race shot from my car w/ the same naration from the announcers overlay'ed onto it. its in DVD format and i'll bring it to Houston.
yep, the FM braodcast made the vid much better.

Mike Bell
10-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Very cool stuff Glenn, I'll bring my projector and if DD will help me out with his expertise maybe we can watch the videos in the evenings and get you guys to give us your firsthand accounts of the action?

Again, great racing and video - I'm inspired to find a way out to Nats next year!!

donovan
10-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Mike, I will bring my laptop and speakers...!

DD

cjlmlml
10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
That will be great, I have to tell you that I really didnt get to talk to Glen enough about his Mid Ohio exploits enough when I saw him all day at Apex the last couple weekends. I look forward to hearing even more about Mid Ohio from Glen.

marshall_mosty
10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
It would be cool if you could do side-by-side "in car" views with the radio sync...

GlennCMC70
10-06-2006, 02:46 PM
That will be great, I have to tell you that I really didnt get to talk to Glen enough about his Mid Ohio exploits enough when I saw him all day at Apex the last couple weekends. I look forward to hearing even more about Mid Ohio from Glen.

are you free this weekend? i've rented Bass Hall in down town Ft Worth. i'll be speaking there all weekend. :roll:

Mike Bell
10-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah! I'd love to hear the first-hand accounts of the racing and other fun you guys had at the Nat's. 8)

Thanks for the help DD, this time I promise not to run off with the projector in my truck lol. :shock:

GlennCMC70
10-06-2006, 03:00 PM
here is a good story i'll tease you with.

dumbass #1 - "dayum, look @ the size of that squirrel!!"

dumbass #2 - "that aint no squirrel, thats a beaver!!"

rest of the story to be told w/ beer in hand and preferably w/ some in the mouth loaded for spewing. it was funny as shit.

donovan
10-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Yeah! I'd love to hear the first-hand accounts of the racing and other fun you guys had at the Nat's. 8)

Thanks for the help DD, this time I promise not to run off with the projector in my truck lol. :shock:

Just stay at the track this time and that won't happen!

jeffburch
10-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Thank god, I was dumbass #4.

jb

Boudy
10-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey, a dumbass is a dumbass. Does the number realy matter? hehe...

Anyway, I just watched Jeff's in-car with layover and it was great. I mean awesome. Makes me want to head to the shop and work on the car, right now!

Congratulations again to Jeff, Glenn, Adam, Todd, Micah, and Nick. You all did us proud.

Oops! And David & Spenser. Sorry guys, I had my head up my CMC butt.

Boudy

Edited to add AI guys.

jeffburch
10-07-2006, 08:22 AM
RB,
Weren't you in the back of that truck?
Pick a number.

Yes, I'm a very fortunate man to have had ALL the support to get me there. It was one of those great times of my life.

thx,
jb

Boudy
10-07-2006, 10:08 AM
JB: haha... I was betting that you would go there. Yep, I too was one of the dumbasses in the truck and would do it all again.

"It's a squirrel, it's a beaver, it's a rabbit, it's a ground gog... That was funny stuff. I wonder if I was the only one thinking about how we could cook it that night?

Boudy

Mike Bell
10-09-2006, 06:31 AM

Just stay at the track this time and that won't happen!

Tempting, if the family stays home and the weather cooperates I'll camp out at the track. Cya in a few weeks! 8)