PDA

View Full Version : LS Motor guru's....oil pressure sending unit question.

AI#97
12-26-2014, 07:14 PM
I am in the process of dropping Misty's new motor in the car and I am going to reconfigure a bunch of poorly done oil/water temp sensor installations as well as oil pressure gauge. We are going to use her original 99 SS ECU and the painless harness. My question is, do I have to have the factory oil pressure sending unit plugged in for the ECU? If not, I want to use that port for the oil pressure gauge on the dash and simplify a bunch of plumbing.

Thanks!.

rleng1
12-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Merry Christmas Matt and Misty. On my 2000 LS1, it has the oem oil pressure sending unit installed,but is not plugged into anything. It is a weak point as it broke off on me at NOLA 3 years ago. Some say to just plough it off. But putting an aftermarket oil pressure sending unit should work fine.

AI#97
12-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Merry Christmas Matt and Misty. On my 2000 LS1, it has the oem oil pressure sending unit installed,but is not plugged into anything. It is a weak point as it broke off on me at NOLA 3 years ago. Some say to just plough it off. But putting an aftermarket oil pressure sending unit should work fine.

Thanks Randy....now the hard part of finding an M16x1.5 to -4AN adapter....or 3 fittings to make that!

Supercharged111
12-28-2014, 11:33 AM
So the LS1 doesn't require it to run? I know some Chebbies have a circuit that kills the motor as soon as it starts if there's no oil pressure. Worst case, you'd have to bypass it. Or is that another sensor altogether?