PDA

View Full Version : 2015 MSRH Round 1 Video Thread

Fbody383
01-19-2015, 11:43 AM
I'll start.

Will be interesting to see John and Pranav's view as well.

Originally I would have sworn that John bumped me - and even said as much. Car went from full bite to "gone" instantly. What we now think happened is that when we vented the passenger valve cover to get rid of the Spy Hunter(tm) smoke screen in T1, we didn't actually "vent" it but plugged it up completely.

So... blew the dipstick and a quart of oil out, then the off rattled the factory fans out (whereupon the 07 said "Ha ha... take that" and re-kitted them), took out the PCM water temp sender and somewhere along the lines the lower radiator hose came off.

Gotta get some orange back on that thing, it tried to set itself on fire twice.

VIDEO (https://vimeo.com/117183061)

dtanker65
01-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Driving into the smoke screen entering the pit straight was sporty for sure! I am glad Brian went first

Dennis

JMR81
01-19-2015, 01:10 PM
I wonderd how Jack ended up in the grass, now I know made our race 2 finish more interesting. right dennis.

MikeP99Z
01-19-2015, 01:46 PM
Sweet fan punt by John!

Nice job avoiding each other by all involved in the spinning =)

dtanker65
01-19-2015, 05:43 PM
Ouch! Thanks buddy. I am tearing down the transmission now to determine why it went into 5th when I needed 3rd Grrrrr

blk96gt
01-19-2015, 05:58 PM
I thought we determined last year that the smokescreen wasn't an allowed modification?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN1Qrm_aKIc

mach1
01-20-2015, 09:44 AM
Epic video fail for me this weekend, forgot my cam on Sat, and ran out of batt on Sunday.

Fbody383
01-20-2015, 11:21 AM
Nice job avoiding each other by all involved in the spinning =)All props to the 07; since i mistakenly thought he bumped me, I thought he had checked up to not pass me. I couldn't see him anywhere since he was in a parrallel blind spot the whole time.

BONUS of the weekend - found a GoPro 3 in the muddy tire track under some fan pieces. AND... car seems to run fine. We had to add nearly 4 gallons of coolant so I think it was dry. Almost have the oil/water/fire extinguisher cooked off of it.

Al Fernandez
01-20-2015, 08:34 PM
Dude way to take out like four cars all in one turn! And how the hell does Kevin win anything shifting like that in the second video?

blk96gt
01-20-2015, 08:39 PM
I just knew he blew up his motor so I was taking my time. It wasn't until later I realized that was SOP for a Chevy.

JMR81
01-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Here is our view of what happened. fun final 2 laps between Jack and Dennis .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR5KmzZIhsE

Storm Trooper
01-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Here is r4
http://youtu.be/Y07cdTPRkiA

dtanker65
01-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Here is our view of what happened. fun final 2 laps between Jack and Dennis .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR5KmzZIhsE

I had a great time all weekend, Jack drove superbly! Looks like my trans and shifter are okay. All of the missed shifts were from a failed motor mount. The remote shifter doesn't work too well when things are moving around. I will put a rules compliant stock mount in and pay more attention to them on pre-race inspection.

My thanks too for everybody giving racing room, I hope I reciprocated. I am looking forward to the banquet and Cresson.

Dennis

mach1
01-28-2015, 09:02 PM
Start of R3, had major cam issues all weekend. Michael needs to post the video of me spinning on a banana peel!
First weekend with the cam inside the car, lots of bad habits noticed, way too much time on the gear shifter, poor steering inputs, etc...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8yiQe0Lh4

ShadowBolt
01-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Start of R3, had major cam issues all weekend. Michael needs to post the video of me spinning on a banana peel!
First weekend with the cam inside the car, lots of bad habits noticed, way too much time on the gear shifter, poor steering inputs, etc...

Lots of luck breaking that habit (hand on the shifter). I try like hell but still drive with one hand most of the time. Maybe you are young enough to learn.

JJ

Suck fumes
01-29-2015, 10:20 AM
I always wondered how you guys and Corey can drive with one hand??? No way could you stay consistent all the time with one hand. Break that habbit and I guarantee you all of you will be a lot smoother.

michaelmosty
01-29-2015, 10:43 AM

I will get it edited tonight. I finally got a new video editing software yesterday and plan to get some stuff done tonight.

AllZWay
01-29-2015, 10:55 AM
I always wondered how you guys and Corey can drive with one hand??? No way could you stay consistent all the time with one hand. Break that habbit and I guarantee you all of you will be a lot smoother.

Not to mention reaction time much better and smoother when the car gets loose.

mach1
01-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Lots of luck breaking that habit (hand on the shifter). I try like hell but still drive with one hand most of the time. Maybe you are young enough to learn.

JJ

Funny thing is that habit has not been an issue for a while now, I noticed a lot of old bad habits that came back for MSRH, I had a lot of anxiety that weekend so maybe I was reverting back to my old ways.

BryanL
01-29-2015, 04:54 PM
At first I thought of Jerry as well. But then I figured it's just so easy to drive a Mustang that you only need one hand!!

Tyler-did they DQ you for that race for starting in the wrong group? Though it sure helped out Mosty.

What do you guys use to edit Gopro footage? I have some from the weekend as well but don't have a clue about editing. I'm not trying to do something like the Year end vid but at least be able to show the 20 minute race instead of including 20 minutes of sitting on grid and taking a nap.

mach1
01-29-2015, 05:09 PM
At first I thought of Jerry as well. But then I figured it's just so easy to drive a Mustang that you only need one hand!!

Tyler-did they DQ you for that race for starting in the wrong group? Though it sure helped out Mosty.

What do you guys use to edit Gopro footage? I have some from the weekend as well but don't have a clue about editing. I'm not trying to do something like the Year end vid but at least be able to show the 20 minute race instead of including 20 minutes of sitting on grid and taking a nap.
True, I usually close my eyes during the race to make it fair for the camaros :-O

No DQ fortunately, I had no idea since that was my first pole and first time not doing a split start, lesson learned. I also thought we were gridding by lap time not by class(All mixed up). Newbie mistake that won't happen again, maybe I was just wishing I was a SI car??

I cut my video with the command line on my mac, I wrote a little bash script that I just pass 2 times to, and it cuts and uploads to youtube using ffmpeg and the google CLI tools.

ShadowBolt
01-29-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm

I cut my video with the command line on my mac, I wrote a little bash script that I just pass 2 times to, and it cuts and uploads to youtube using ffmpeg and the google CLI tools.

This may as well be French to an old guy like me.

JJ

blk96gt
01-29-2015, 07:34 PM
True, I usually close my eyes during the race to make it fair for the camaros :-O

No DQ fortunately, I had no idea since that was my first pole and first time not doing a split start, lesson learned. I also thought we were gridding by lap time not by class(All mixed up). Newbie mistake that won't happen again, maybe I was just wishing I was a SI car??

Think I could get a copy of that script?

Storm Trooper
01-29-2015, 09:58 PM

Go to gopro web sight they have a free video editer

michaelmosty
01-29-2015, 11:07 PM

You only need 1 hand but you must have 5 fingers on it....

AI#97
01-29-2015, 11:18 PM

JJ

Jerry, I have a way to cure you of the teenage driving position....you probably won't like it though! ;)

michaelmosty
01-29-2015, 11:49 PM
Tyler spin R1:
https://vimeo.com/118204289

BryanL
01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
I'm

This may as well be French to an old guy like me.

JJ
I'm not near as old as you but I thought the same thing. Thanks Sean-I'll check it out sometime.

Yeah-Camaro's require at least 9 fingers on the wheel.

Tyler-looked like you were able to pull the SI car down the straightaway-feel free to see if they will let you run your car in SI and give the F-body's a chance at a podium this year.

michaelmosty
01-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Bryan, you have certainly been in an entertaining mood lately with jabs at the Stangs. It is easy to pull SI cars on the straights when they lift and give a point by. ;^)

michaelmosty
01-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Race 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2gayYkKtbA

AI#97
01-30-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm not near as old as you but I thought the same thing. Thanks Sean-I'll check it out sometime.

Yeah-Camaro's require at least 9 fingers on the wheel.

Tyler-looked like you were able to pull the SI car down the straightaway-feel free to see if they will let you run your car in SI and give the F-body's a chance at a podium this year.

You could always buy a Mustang and joint the fast crowd! ;)

BryanL
01-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Bryan, you have certainly been in an entertaining mood lately with jabs at the Stangs. It is easy to pull SI cars on the straights when they lift and give a point by. ;^)
I'm glad you enjoy them-I'll certainly keep them coming but I'm not the only one that is making those comments either-if you remember some of my best lines I think were around the campfire. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice it in the videos-although a rocket scientist has confirmed this observation. But if you would have said the difference is when you get on the gas maybe you could let that slide but I don't see any evidence that he lifted? Maybe he told you afterwards that he lifted to let him by but I have never seen Dennis lift to let a CMC car by.

But hey-maybe that's just what all the mustang drivers think when they motor by people in the straights that everyone is just lifting to give them a point by..........(i'll be here all night)

mach1
01-30-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm glad you enjoy them-I'll certainly keep them coming but I'm not the only one that is making those comments either-if you remember some of my best lines I think were around the campfire. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice it in the videos-although a rocket scientist has confirmed this observation. But if you would have said the difference is when you get on the gas maybe you could let that slide but I don't see any evidence that he lifted? Maybe he told you afterwards that he lifted to let him by but I have never seen Dennis lift to let a CMC car by.

But hey-maybe that's just what all the mustang drivers think when they motor by people in the straights that everyone is just lifting to give them a point by..........(i'll be here all night)

I'm pretty sure I got on power sooner than he did in that case, the straight before that he got on power sooner and I wasn't reeling him in.
P2W for spec iron and a fox are almost the same, 11.75:1 vs 11.92:1.

Dan is able to go fast with the platform, maybe your setup changes will help for MSR-C. Do you want to co drive your car for TT? I'll split the supersize fee if you want.

AI#97
01-30-2015, 08:15 PM

Bryan should have someone else race his car!

<----Stands in back of room jumping up and down with hand raised saying "pick me, pick me". ;)

rleng1
01-31-2015, 06:10 PM
I already tried to hire another driver (even a mustang driver, Liebbe), to drive my car, and even he couldnt beat the mustangs in my Camaro. So that settles it.

marshall_mosty
01-31-2015, 08:35 PM
Here is a whopping 1 minute of fame that I took during R3. Completely forgot to charge the camera for Saturday, so missed the drama between me and Ian.

https://vimeo.com/118373382

dtanker65
01-31-2015, 09:13 PM
Here is a whopping 1 minute of fame that I took during R3. Completely forgot to charge the camera for Saturday, so missed the drama between me and Ian.

https://vimeo.com/118373382

I will get my R3 video posted, I left my camera stuff in the truck. I don't think the cam caught the action on the pit straight. I had my Days of Thunder moment trying to decide where Ian's pirouette was going to end up when I entered the straight. Nice move bailing right into the grass Marshall, that could have all been a lot worse. I think Jack had a better look at it than I did of it.

Dennis

mach1
02-01-2015, 12:21 AM
Think I could get a copy of that script?

You have to use homebrew to install ffmpeg and the google cli tools.

#!/bin/bash

[ $# -eq 0 ] && { echo "Usage: $0 file_name start_time stop_time vid_title "; exit 1; }

file=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f1`
ext=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f2`

start=`echo 00:$2 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`
end=`echo 00:$3 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`

diff=`expr $end - $start`

ffmpeg -ss $start -i $1 -c copy -t "$diff" "$file"_new."$ext"

google youtube -u youtube_uid post "$file"_new."$ext" --title "$4" --category "Sports"

Rob Liebbe
02-02-2015, 08:38 AM
I already tried to hire another driver (even a mustang driver, Liebbe), to drive my car, and even he couldnt beat the mustangs in my Camaro. So that settles it.

I was sandbagging so Camaros would get some rules improvements.

blk96gt
02-03-2015, 12:27 PM
You have to use homebrew to install ffmpeg and the google cli tools.

#!/bin/bash

[ $# -eq 0 ] && { echo "Usage: $0 file_name start_time stop_time vid_title "; exit 1; }

file=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f1`
ext=`echo $1 | cut -d'.' -f2`

start=`echo 00:$2 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`
end=`echo 00:$3 | awk -F: '{ print ($1 * 3600) + ($2 * 60) + $3 }'`

diff=`expr $end - $start`

ffmpeg -ss $start -i $1 -c copy -t "$diff" "$file"_new."$ext"

google youtube -u youtube_uid post "$file"_new."$ext" --title "$4" --category "Sports"

Thanks!

Fbody383
02-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Race 2: VIDEO LINK Hard for me to tell with your white balance like it is... how much of the overall smoke is my engine/exhaust versus mine/anybody else's tire smoke? Have you guys noticed it getting worse Hallett/TWS/ECR/MSRH?

Storm Trooper
02-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Hard for me to tell with your white balance like it is... how much of the overall smoke is my engine/exhaust versus mine/anybody else's tire smoke? Have you guys noticed it getting worse Hallett/TWS/ECR/MSRH?

The smoke signals say "Time for a new engine"

dtanker65
02-03-2015, 07:20 PM
MSRH Race 1 SI video

http://youtu.be/AodKkoNuQ4M

Fbody383
02-04-2015, 12:11 PM
"Time for a new engine"I hear they run best right before they let go...