PDA

View Full Version : Windshield

ShadowBolt
02-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Someone was so pissed that the engine let go in the 55 that he threw the steering wheel up on the dash and broke the windshield. I wonder who did that? It's cracked right across the drivers side. Without searching the rules (who reads those) do I have to replace it prior to MSRC?

JJ

mach1
02-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Mine was pretty hammered last year, no one said anything to me

marshall_mosty
02-05-2015, 10:46 PM
It's subjective. If it would obscure your view and/or catch sunlight badly, I would urge you to replace it.

Suck fumes
02-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Since TWS will be gone I think it's safe to replace windshields now. That track seemed to always find a way to crack my windshields in the past.

mach1
02-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Since TWS will be gone I think it's safe to replace windshields now. That track seemed to always find a way to crack my windshields in the past.

Ditto, thats what F'd mine up.

BryanL
02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
My black car was cracked for awhile and it always passed inspection. Just look to see if it's cracked or part of it is shattered? I ran mine several years cracked I think-finally replaced it the week before it was totaled.

ShadowBolt
02-06-2015, 04:29 PM
My black car was cracked for awhile and it always passed inspection. Just look to see if it's cracked or part of it is shattered? I ran mine several years cracked I think-finally replaced it the week before it was totaled.

That's it. I'm leaving it alone. I guess I could draw a line across it so I had crosshairs to aim with.

JJ

Supercharged111
02-07-2015, 12:51 PM
My current windshield suffered a similar fate when the car shot a ramp out for the eleventy billionth time while trying to load it on the old trailer.