PDA

View Full Version : Warhorse @ Nationals

micah
09-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Tuesday 5th just before loading new #44 on trailor found oil leak. Thank goodness we didn't load up tools yet. 10 hrs. in garage fixing problem. Not leaving on Wednesday morning as planned. Wake up 10 am Thursday, load out tools,tents ect. Leave Hattisburg,MS @ 1900. Flat tire in Bowling Green on Jerry's trailor. We seperate @ Cini. Jerry headed for Indy for military duty, me to Mid-O for test and tune on Friday. Arrive Mid-O 1100. On track 1200 been awake 25hrs and car is wicked loose. Finish test and tune reload and head for Indy. Arrive @ Indy 2200 on Friday 38 hour day by the time I get food and shower. Holy shit I'm tired and we just started. Graphics didn't arrive in Hattisburg in time so we had them shipped to Jerry's hotel. Put graphics on car Sunday night in a drive in car wash. Leave for Mid-O 1900 on Monday 11th. Get to Columbus,Oh stopped for gas and found hub on Jerry's trailor toasted. Jerry stays in Columbus to fix his trailor the next day, I'm off to Mid-O, I've got more test and tune on Tuesday 12th. Tuesday I'm getting soaked trying to do T+T and Jerry is working on the trailor in another car wash in Columbus. He gets the hub and brake replaced and packs all the bearings before leaving. Makes it to Mid-O 2200 on Tuesday night. Wednesday due to miscommunication Jerry didn't get registered for TT so we register for PTC and TT. Two cars three classes, this is gonna be fun. Thursday practice goes ok #44 still wicked loose #15 still overheating and pushing like a dozer. Friday Qual race, great start went from 15-16 on Standing start to 13th and held it for race. PTC finished 3rd out of 5. No spins either race. Saturday qual race start 15th up to 12th though the grass on standind start held it for race. Jerry missed qual due to missing qual. for PTC. Gridded 50th finishes 25th 3rd in class, in 7 laps. No spins either race. Sunday PTC race Jerry starts 3rd in class and takes 2nd at start, lap 10 spin in turn 1 knocks him back to 4th. CMC race grided 12th up to 7-8 by turn 7 and the snafu start. Run just behind Todd until Aaron passes me then follow Aaron. Lap 8-9 see Adam coming in mirror and lift to get him by in turn 1, spin the car. Back on track wind up chasing Ben Phaff for 10th and he sprays oil on me going into turn 11. Spin car again. Finish 15th. Tired from hectic week opt to crash in Todd Mahaul, we will leave in the morning. Monday pull out of Mid-O @ 0800. Todd ,Jerry and I in caravan. Columbus, Oh constrution zone a jack hammer throws concrete through Jerry's driver side window. Head to Cininati to meet up with Glass man, get off of highway and I notice Jerry's hub on his trailor is smoking. Get glass repaired. Find trailor place, buy new axle,brakes and hub. Leave Cini. in pouring down rain and rush hour traffic. Get to Hattisburg 0730 , 23 1/2 hours after leaving Mid-O. Two hour nap. Download cars and gear 2 1/2 more hours home for me. Get home unpack from track pack for work. 2100 lay down for sleep, 0430 up to catch 0605 plane to Nashville to catch boat. Jerry left Hattisburg Thursday to go to Conniticut for military duty. I'm tired.

mitchntx
09-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Cry me a river ... :roll:

I got up Monday morning and Nancy, at the B&B, had fixed waffles and sausage. There was also fresh blueberries and granola in a crystal yogurt cup. The place smelled of freshly baked blueberry coffee cake.

After my 3rd cup of coffee and 1/2 a round of cake, we strolled out to the truck and left.

After 4 or 5 gruelling hours, we stopped at the Corvette museum and strolled through it for a while and then retired to Bob Evans for a nice lunch.

Later, we caught up to Todd and hijacked the motot home for a couple hours sleep. I think I went to sleep around 10 and woke up at 5.

From there, we found an IHOP in Little Rock and ate a casual breakfast and then motored on home.

I drove up to the house around 3 Tuesday, handed the wife a bag of dirty laundry and went to take a nap.

The whole time while driving, Glenn's Sprint Connectivity card kept us surfing the net in order to pass the time.

So Micah ... buck up, buddy. It could have been a LOT worse.

David Love AI27
09-22-2006, 08:27 PM
MITCH, MITCH, MITCH.... I just can't stop grinning.... :) ROFLMAO!!!

Hey guys, you really don't have to live up to the name WARHORSE (maybe IRONMEN would be more like it)!! Anyway thanks for the two differing views presented in this thread. Congrats to the WARHORSE racing team and I hope Mitch can get some time off to recover from the trip :roll: