PDA

View Full Version : 55 alive!

ShadowBolt
02-28-2015, 07:42 PM
Jay and I worked all day and got the 55 running. Just ran it for about a minute so not out of the woods yet but will know more tomorrow.

JJ

Pranav
02-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Right behind ya!

AI#97
03-01-2015, 12:43 AM
If you used head studs be sure to retorque them after a couple heat cycles and BEFORE you dyno or put it on track. If torque to yield bolts, you are fine.

ShadowBolt
03-01-2015, 03:12 PM
If you used head studs be sure to retorque them after a couple heat cycles and BEFORE you dyno or put it on track. If torque to yield bolts, you are fine.
TTY, but thanks Matt.
Ran the car till the thermostat opened and shut it down. Sounds great but pulling unmetered air into throttle body. I need a part. The nipple that goes in the drivers side valve cover. Not the PCV but the other side of a Romeo engine. I had Windsor heads on the other engine and the nipple is smaller than the one for the Romeo heads. This is to connect the drivers side valve cover to the intake tube via the hard plastic line.

JJ

Alien
03-01-2015, 03:51 PM
Good to here Jerry. Any word on why the last one let go?

ShadowBolt
03-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Good to here Jerry. Any word on why the last one let go?

Dropped an intake valve. No idea why. Googled "dropped valve 2002 Mustang GT" and only found one guy that had this happen. So I have lost three engines in six seasons (Jay was driving two or the three times and Clifton once). One timing chain tensioner, one broken oil pump gear, and one dropped intake valve.

JJ

BryanL
03-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Awesome. Glad Jay was there to bring you hot chocolate and keep you going. I bet this bullet hits 280 rwhp!!

ShadowBolt
03-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Awesome. Glad Jay was there to bring you hot chocolate and keep you going. I bet this bullet hits 280 rwhp!!

I will give you three to one odds that I don't need a restrictor plate. Want any of that action? Worried about 281 cubic inches?

JJ

BryanL
03-03-2015, 09:45 AM
I will give you three to one odds that I don't need a restrictor plate. Want any of that action? Worried about 281 cubic inches?

JJ
Hah-you know it's not the hp that worries me it's being able to spin it to the moon.