PDA

View Full Version : MSRC Results

MikeP99Z
03-16-2015, 01:46 PM
See link:

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_Texas_Region/

Click Saturday, then Cresson. Or Sunday, then Cresson. They haven't been moved up to the final folder yet.

MP

rleng1
03-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Looks like a great CMC field, with some great racing.
Any reason why Aaron didn't race in any of the 2nd races on each day?

ShadowBolt
03-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Looks like a great CMC field, with some great racing.
Any reason why Aaron didn't race in any of the 2nd races on each day?
Him and Sam will not race the inverts. Say too much carnage. I said well if you started in the middle of the pack like most of us there is not much difference.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
03-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Him and Sam will not race the inverts. Say too much carnage. I said well if you started in the middle of the pack like most of us there is not much difference.

JJ

I bet it is because there is no Toyo money, not worth their time. Yeah, I'll probably get a risk assessment argument back on this one. I just don't think Aaron is in this for the same reasons as the rest of us.

Suck fumes
03-16-2015, 08:33 PM
I do it for fun just like everyone else we just haven't had good experiences in the past with inverts. I don't like taking my car to the body shop, has too much sentimental value haha. Getting enough Toyo money for a free set of tires is nice too but that's not the ONLY reason why I race. I am a super competitive person and hate losing so yah I might take it a little more seriously than I should. But it's the sport I love competing in.

I don't ever do R4 because I like getting home at a decent hour and settling down with the family before work again on Monday.

Al Fernandez
03-16-2015, 09:59 PM
If it wasnt for the inverts I'd never get a chance to pass anyone haha

marshall_mosty
03-17-2015, 09:36 AM
I too enjoy inverts, however I liked the fully inverted grids of years past.

AllZWay
03-17-2015, 10:28 AM
I always enjoyed the inverts... love to get in there and mix it up with others. Starting out front and finishing out front is fun, but can be awfully close to HPDE.

Alien
03-17-2015, 12:06 PM
I've never been a fan of full field inverts. Maybe if it was still a split start it might be different. From the full field inverts I remember, it just means that by turn 1, AI cars are now well intermixed with the CMC guys. Makes it really difficult to not interfere with the other classes race.

marshall_mosty
03-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Gary,
If everyone is in their own race, then you aren't interfering with anything. If CMC is having a battle and a faster AI car wants to go thru the pack, it's the passing driver's obligation to do it safely, clean, and minimize the disruption to all parties.

Pranav
03-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Being back of the pack I've run into this many times. Often I just roll over and let a train of cars past to take some stress off me, but sometimes I'm playing with someone and will hold on a little longer, especially if the leader-being-chased hasn't already passed me.

One of the races I was out back chasing down Edwards and a couple of SI cars needed to get by; didn't have much time to react, they got past me and eventually Edwards, but the gap had widened between us as a result...

I just need to drive faster so I don't have to worry about this, maybe if I stop having to rebuild half the car between each event I'd have time to focus on that...

Alien
03-17-2015, 03:14 PM
I understand the theory, and in a normal race it isn't really a problem. In a normal race, by the time AI catches CMC (or vice versa), one of two scenarios is usually occurring. Lets just say AI is catching CMC. Pranav, this is what you are encountering.

1. One AI car comes upon two or more CMC car. AI driver backs off a touch, passes CMC cars when convenient with minimal interference. Everyone is happy.

2. Two AI cars come upon one CMC car. CMC car is aware, stays predicable, both AI cars pass and go on their way. Everyone is happy.

Full field inverts pretty much gauantees two OR MORE AI cars racing each other catching two OR MORE CMC racing each other within the first three corners. It puts a lot of cars fighting for the same spot in a hurry. Someone is going to feel their race was altered due to the other class. I just don't see the fun factor in that. For the slower group, I see no reason to want it. There isn't anything to be gained. No extra fun.
Why do we have split starts? So that by the time the faster cars in the 2nd group catch the slower cars in the 1st group, things are a bit more strung out (at least single file) and predicatble and less likely to interfere with someones race.

Like I said, if the full field inverts were still split starts, it wouldn't be so bad. The ones I remember were one flag.

rleng1
03-17-2015, 05:37 PM
If you set pole, and lead start to finish. You pass no one, and no one passes you. Is it really racing, or just running TT.
Maybe pay Toyo bucks on the inverts? Maybe the Colorado air is getting to my brain.