PDA

View Full Version : Rebuildable fourth GEN Hubs!

Storm Trooper
03-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Email (presrichinc at hotmail)or pm me for more info.
http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/StormTrooper15/library/4%20gen%20hubs

Wade
03-19-2015, 10:28 AM
I don't know details on specif offsets, but Gary and I were talking about the possibility of drilling these hubs for a Mustang bolt pattern so that you could run the MB Weapons, Enkei RPF1's, etc. Seems like that would be easy to do if the offset numbers work out?

Storm Trooper
03-19-2015, 03:08 PM
If I can get a wheel from one of you I can do some research.

ShadowBolt
03-19-2015, 03:37 PM
As a guy that works in the precision sheet metal machine shop world I can tell you that these are a work of art. Very nice!

JJ

mach1
03-19-2015, 03:50 PM
For sure, time to build a camaro!

Storm Trooper
03-19-2015, 03:54 PM
As a guy that works in the precision sheet metal machine shop world I can tell you that these are a work of art. Very nice!

JJ
Thanks Jerry :p

Wade
03-19-2015, 05:31 PM
I have a bent wheel you can use for research. Remind me and I will bring it to TWS.

dtanker65
03-19-2015, 09:23 PM

JJ
Copy that! Beautiful machine work, finish and a perfect fit.

Storm Trooper
03-19-2015, 11:08 PM
I have a bent wheel you can use for research. Remind me and I will bring it to TWS.
Sounds good

Rsmith350
03-20-2015, 07:31 AM
I can assure you that Sean has taken painstaking measures and substantial personal financial investment to make sure these are the best product they can be! I will be adding these to my car sometime soon!

BryanL
03-20-2015, 09:11 AM
I said this in the other thread but these bolted up 100%. Easily set pre-load and since then they don't have any play. Will be nice not worrying about the hubs, not affecting alignments, and looks like they are certainly reducing if not eliminating pad knockback. They do look sweet as well but Jerry's is definitely an authority in this area-heck he just celebrated 28 years in that business-CONGRATS!

mach1
03-20-2015, 10:02 AM
How do you preload these? Finger tight?

Storm Trooper
03-20-2015, 10:21 AM
How do you preload these? Finger tight?
No, the preload is slightly more then that. That's the great thing about taper bearings, there are very easy to set and very forgiving, and Very strong!

Storm Trooper
03-20-2015, 10:48 AM
I said this in the other thread but these bolted up 100%. Easily set pre-load and since then they don't have any play. Will be nice not worrying about the hubs, not affecting alignments, and looks like they are certainly reducing if not eliminating pad knockback. They do look sweet as well but Jerry's is definitely an authority in this area-heck he just celebrated 28 years in that business-CONGRATS!
Wow Jerry that's Awesome!!!!!

ShadowBolt
03-20-2015, 12:34 PM
Wow Jerry that's Awesome!!!!!

All that means is that I'm old!

Thanks guys.

JJ

Storm Trooper
03-20-2015, 01:20 PM

Thanks guys.

JJ

I have been in business for 20 years! 28 years is somthing to be Very proud of!!

AI#97
03-20-2015, 03:03 PM

You are likely still getting knockback in the rear axle. We still had a little on misty's car with the factory 10bolt. the new 9" should fix that.

BryanL
03-20-2015, 03:43 PM

Thanks guys.

JJ

And reliable!

Storm Trooper
03-21-2015, 10:31 AM
You are likely still getting knockback in the rear axle. We still had a little on misty's car with the factory 10bolt. the new 9" should fix that.

Can you run a factory torque arm with a 9in?

Al Fernandez
03-29-2015, 03:26 PM
I bolted a set of these on the car for Cresson and qualified 2nd...its all about the hubs!! haha

Pranav
03-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Put mine on halfway through MSRH. Feels great to have a solid brake pedal again.

dtanker65
03-31-2015, 06:09 PM
I bolted a set of these on the car for Cresson and qualified 2nd...its all about the hubs!! haha

The granular structure in the hub material was forged super special to align with the earth's coriolis effect and adds an increased acceleration rate to the hub's rotational velocity. It will slow you down in the southern hemisphere though......

Nice work Sean!

marshall_mosty
03-31-2015, 10:41 PM
The granular structure in the hub material was forged super special to align with the earth's coriolis effect and adds an increased acceleration rate to the hub's rotational velocity. It will slow you down in the southern hemisphere though......

Nice work Sean!
Here was the original sales pitch Sean gave me...

The original design had a base plate of pre-famulated amulite surmounted by a malleable logarithmic casing in such a way that the two spurving bearings were in a direct line with the panametric fam. The latter consisted simply of six hydrocoptic marzlevanes, so fitted to the ambifacient lunar waneshaft that side fumbling was effectively prevented.

The main hub girdle was of the normal lotus-o-delta type placed in panendermic semi-boloid slots of the stator, figuratively speaking, so that the shaft was connected by a non-reversible termie pipe to the differential girdle spring on the "up" end of the grammies.

The new hub has now reached a high level of development, and it’s being successfully used in competition. Moreover, whenever a forescent skor motion is required, it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce soinasoidal repleneration.

It's not cheap, but I'm sure the CMC guys will buy it.

dtanker65
04-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Here was the original sales pitch Sean gave me...

Tip of the hat to the real engineers and to AF for getting expedited rules approval.