PDA

View Full Version : TWS Dinner Plans

marshall_mosty
04-22-2015, 10:18 AM
All,
Looks like Leinhart and Francis are going to BBQ on Saturday night. We need to fill-in the gaps:

Food
Meat (Brisket, BBQ, Tacos) - Dave F.
Meat (Brisket, BBQ, Tacos) - Bryan L.
Meat (Brisket, BBQ, Tacos) - Raegan
Meat (Hot Links) - Dr. Frank
Meat (Hot Links) - Mike P.
Sides (Beans) - TBD
Sides (Potato Salad) - Sean R.
Sides (Chips) - Gary R.
Desert - Kevin J.
Desert (Cookies) - Bryan L.

Supplies
Plates, Napkins, Utensils - Marshall M.

Fbody383
04-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Regan has offered to help as well. I think we've got some brisket and pork in the works, some as BBQ and likely some street taco versions.
Stormtrooper bringing some potato salad.

Good news is that there are grocery stores relatively close so we can adjust plans and supplies with a little Friday night story telling/meal planning session. Oh, and decide whether the 15 is going to be too fast.

blk96gt
04-22-2015, 11:46 AM
I'll bring some dessert.

BryanL
04-22-2015, 12:48 PM
Good job stepping up Marshall. Though I wouldn't consider myself a BBQuer-I am just eager to pitch in and help. If someone has something good to bring let us know or suggest what someone might like to cook. I can have the wife pick something up or I can stop at Bucees on the way down. I remember some stuffed pork and sausage I got at Bucees that Ole English grilled was pretty good.
DF-if you want me to pick up something in particular that you could cook up let me know. I don't know how much room you have in the smoker other than the brisket.

Maybe we could get a headcount to figure out how much we might need? I'll be solo all weekend.

cobra132
04-22-2015, 08:26 PM
I'll bring 50 Opa's, tortillas and homemade lemoncello. FMR

ShadowBolt
04-22-2015, 08:30 PM
I'll bring 50 Opa's, tortillas and homemade lemoncello. FMR

Thank goodness Frank is back! Very glad to see you will be racing with us again Frank.

JJ

Rob Liebbe
04-22-2015, 09:31 PM
I'll chip in as well, but I don't know what. I may need to go on the grocery run when it happens.

Car is coming down to the wire, just found a hub with some play in it. I think I have extras or at least local auto parts have them in stock.

Fbody383
04-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Car is coming down to the wire, just found a hub with some play in it. Did you switch to a 4th gen after all?

mach1
04-23-2015, 08:32 AM
just found a hub with some play in it.
Impossible!

marshall_mosty
04-23-2015, 08:49 AM
I'll chip in as well, but I don't know what. I may need to go on the grocery run when it happens.

Car is coming down to the wire, just found a hub with some play in it. I think I have extras or at least local auto parts have them in stock.
I have two spare hubs... You are welcome to them. They are used, but were fine when I pulled them off the car.

Rob Liebbe
04-23-2015, 10:36 AM
I'll pickup a Timken hub on the way to the track. I'll review the Marshall rebuild thread and fix up a couple of old ones I have from a street car, just no time today.

Rob Liebbe
04-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Did you switch to a 4th gen after all?

By my count it is a 6 or 7 gen Mustang depending on how you count the Fox years.

Looks like we could have a car show - I'll go my car against yours for popular vote, winner gets bragging rights for most over painted race car.

BryanL
04-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Ran a test on a locally sourced pork tenderloin stuffed with cheese and hatch green chile-it didn't cut the mustard. So I'll be hitting up Bucees for their stuffed pork tenderloin and sausage. May have some cookies as well. Thanks to Dave for bringing the smoker and hopefully helping cook what I bring.

Fbody383
04-23-2015, 01:48 PM
I'll go my car against yours for popular vote, winner gets bragging rights for most over painted race car. I'm In! $2/vote with proceeds to a BCS charity. We need to get pictures of the field anyway.

BL - smoker will go up to 450ish... thinking about baking some fresh cookies on it too. Bring whatever pork product, and we'll cook it up. Brisket is 13lbs ish; I'm thinking about putting it on around midnight Friday, would have it done around 3:00pm so if we want to eat around 5:00 we'll have time. Also bringing 2 burner propane camp stove and Sean has some cooking heat and a microwave. Woo Hoo! Almost Friday.

Calling Dr. Calder - just to set your taste buds:

Rub 2.0
1 cup black pepper
1 cup dark brown sugar
2/3 cup salt
2 Tbs onion powder
2 Tbs garlic powder
2 Tbs paprika

marshall_mosty
04-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Dave,
Can you cook a roast on that thing? If so, I have a few grass fed, grass finished roasts and a small'ish brisket I can bring. Just let me know.

AI#97
04-24-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm In! $2/vote with proceeds to a BCS charity. We need to get pictures of the field anyway.

Brazos Valley Hospice is a great charity organization to give to.... ;)

rpoz27
04-24-2015, 02:16 AM
Brazos Valley Hospice is a great charity organization to give to.... ;)

It's Hospice Brazos Valley and it is a great charity to give to. We do not charge our families for services regardless of situation. Insurance pays us a per diem and the difference in costs is made up with community donations. We also have the only inpatient facility in the area where we can provide hospital level care to patients whose symptoms can't be controlled in the home or are imminently dying and the family is tired.

Pranav
04-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Much thanks for everyone that pitched in for this great get together. Apologies that I was unable to bring anything, I'll be sure to fix that next time!

rleng1
04-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Ok Pranav, Hallet is coming, so bring your best curry.

BryanL
04-28-2015, 11:23 AM
Yes, a big thanks to everyone that helped out. I'll specifically thank Dave/Frank for the hassle of bringing the smoker/grille/chuckwagon setup and cooking everything. Great brisket and I learned some good tricks-the chicken and tenderloin I brought were cooked perfectly.

Pranav-I'm in for a smoking hot curry-I prefer vindaloo and madras.