PDA

View Full Version : Dyno done....... but...... got issues........ need some help from you guys.

GlennCMC70
04-22-2015, 10:20 PM
When I lost my motor back in April @ TWS, my 93 HO Camaro cam was damaged. My builder said he could get me a LT1 cam from his core supplier. I said for him to check the numbers before he put it in.
When I went to pick it up, he didn't write them down and I don't think they were checked. After the way I was pulled at TWS and ECR, I knew I didn't have the right power and the same cam. Since the car never made it to the dyno, I had no real numbers to work with. I kept the same restrictor from pre-motor failure regardless.
Well today I put it on the dyno (same 35mm plate as last year from pre failure dyno's) and made a wopping 235hp. TQ was 310, but at 2K. Made another pull, 317tq and 234 hp. Moved the plate to a 40mm and 251hp and 327tq. Needless to say, I didn't get the HO cam, and I don't think I got a Camaro cam either. My motor never made over 325tq even w/out a restrictor in place. My bet is a got an Impala or Caprice cam.

So here is where you guys come in. I have a few options.....
Allow me to run as is until I can check the cam and get it replaced.
Don't allow me to run.
Require me to Fun Run.
I run in AI (w/ no plate).
I leave the car @ home.

I'll have my dyno sheet. You can look at it. I have no advantage in the RPM's we race in. If anything, I'm at a disadvantage.

Let me know guys. I plan to drive down tomorrow night.

AI#97
04-22-2015, 10:28 PM
When I lost my motor back in April @ TWS, my 93 HO Camaro cam was damaged. My builder said he could get me a LT1 cam from his core supplier. I said for him to check the numbers before he put it in.
When I went to pick it up, he didn't write them down and I don't think they were checked. After the way I was pulled at TWS and ECR, I knew I didn't have the right power and the same cam. Since the car never made it to the dyno, I had no real numbers to work with. I kept the same restrictor from pre-motor failure regardless.
Well today I put it on the dyno (same 35mm plate as last year from pre failure dyno's) and made a wopping 235hp. TQ was 310, but at 2K. Made another pull, 317tq and 234 hp. Moved the plate to a 40mm and 251hp and 327tq. Needless to say, I didn't get the HO cam, and I don't think I got a Camaro cam either. My motor never made over 325tq even w/out a restrictor in place. My bet is a got an Impala or Caprice cam.

So here is where you guys come in. I have a few options.....
Allow me to run as is until I can check the cam and get it replaced.
Don't allow me to run.
Require me to Fun Run.
I run in AI (w/ no plate).
I leave the car @ home.

I'll have my dyno sheet. You can look at it. I have no advantage in the RPM's we race in. If anything, I'm at a disadvantage.

Let me know guys. I plan to drive down tomorrow night.

Option F....pull the plate and run AIX! ;)

GlennCMC70
04-22-2015, 10:33 PM
No Matt.
Guys, I can email you the run files If you want.

mach1
04-23-2015, 02:29 AM
I don't have any issues with you running in CMC, where is hp peak, 4500?

Pranav
04-23-2015, 02:36 AM
I have the 180k mile cam that came out of Dawdy's '94 z28 if you want it. His motor ran on mobil1 for the last 100k, everything was still solid.

GlennCMC70
04-23-2015, 06:52 AM
I will take it.

GlennCMC70
04-23-2015, 07:35 AM
I don't have any issues with you running in CMC, where is hp peak, 4500?

Fbody383
04-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Bring it and run. Don't you dare show up without a car.

ShadowBolt
04-23-2015, 08:34 AM
I plan to whip your ass no matter what cam you run. Bring it!

JJ

michaelmosty
04-23-2015, 08:56 AM
I have no problem with you running it as is. Like you said, I'd expect it to still be a little down on the straights but if you are pulling the ever mighty Mustangs that might raise an eyebrow.
The 235hp explains a lot, you were WAY down on power last year!!
Are you planning to run the weight as if you were 317TQ?

GlennCMC70
04-23-2015, 09:00 AM
I have no problem with you running it as is. Like you said, I'd expect it to still be a little down on the straights but if you are pulling the ever mighty Mustangs that might raise an eyebrow.
The 235hp explains a lot, you were WAY down on power last year!!
Are you planning to run the weight as if you were 317TQ?
I don't have enough ballast to make that happen. I can add some, but I don't think I have 100lbs.

mach1
04-23-2015, 09:24 AM
I plan to whip your ass no matter what cam you run. Bring it!

JJ

Surprise event for TWS, CMC "tractor" pull, good luck!

ShadowBolt
04-23-2015, 01:32 PM
Surprise event for TWS, CMC "tractor" pull, good luck!

I may need it. I don't want anyone to miss an event because of something like this. Last year at TWS Glen kept saying how strong my car was. Well I wonder why if he was only making 235 HP. If Glenn wins we can all raise hell saying he cheated. If not I don't see a problem.

Jerry

GlennCMC70
04-23-2015, 02:33 PM
I may need it. I don't want anyone to miss an event because of something like this. Last year at TWS Glen kept saying how strong my car was. Well I wonder why if he was only making 235 HP. If Glenn wins we can all raise hell saying he cheated. If not I don't see a problem.

Jerry

Oh, its like that. If I suck, it's OK. If I win, FU....... nice. ;)
I'll have dyno sheets for review.

Talked w/ the machine shop today. He thinks we have the wrong cam as well.

Fbody383
04-23-2015, 03:51 PM
If I win, FU....... nice. ;) It's the wheels...

He's peanut butter and jealous.