PDA

View Full Version : Rob Liebbe's not so triumphant return to racing

Rob Liebbe
05-01-2015, 09:06 AM
I want to thank everyone who helped me get back on the track: my family for their outstanding support, my dad Bob Liebbe for his never-ending encouragement, Glenn Landrum for the excellent roll cage work, Ryan McGuire and Bob Sharp at my office for the support and work they gave me, Kevin Jander for his help understanding and cleaning up the wiring, Al Fernandez for checking on the build occasionally, and everyone who helped me throughout the weekend and welcomed me back with open arms.

I am pleased with the car and now I just need to get my race legs back. I did not realize that it had been two years since I was last on track and you guys have continued to step up the game. I am impressed and definitely have some work to do to catch up.

Thanks!!!

mach1
05-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Nice meeting you, welcome back!

Fbody383
05-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Even though I expect you'll be entirely too fast again... great to have you back. And it means there is another potential air conditioned floor to sleep on.

Though you've got some work to do to get the "Bo" title away from Glenn.

ShadowBolt
05-01-2015, 02:25 PM
I was not aware you ever left Rob.

Just kidding, I'm glad you are back as long as you finish behind me.

JJ

BryanL
05-01-2015, 04:04 PM
I beg to differ. With a brand new car and not having been on track in 2 years I would say you did outstanding. Lap times were great. You were understandably cautious. Nice clean racing. Give it a little time and see if you can be a trophy girl-if not then I'll be glad to have another car in the mid pack slackers which has really stepped it up I think.
Have a good weekend waxing the car.

Suck fumes
05-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Yah seeing your car really made me miss my cobra. That paint job was wayyyy to nice for a racecar haha

rleng1
05-02-2015, 10:19 AM
And don't forget your training program at Wahoo Racing. But then again, it was a Camaro.
Good luck, and see you soon.

Rob Liebbe
05-03-2015, 08:34 PM
And don't forget your training program at Wahoo Racing. But then again, it was a Camaro.
Good luck, and see you soon.

Training at Wahoo Racing ended two years ago, hard to believe. However, if I can remember where I got the Chief Wahoo stickers, I would put it one on my car in your honor.

Plus now I know a little about Camaros and their inherent superiority. Just kidding - Mustangs Rule!!!!