PDA

View Full Version : Need a LT1 K member for my 4th gen!

GlennCMC70
05-03-2015, 04:15 PM
The Duke life ain't easy and as a result, I need a new K member. If anyone has a lead on one, point me to it. Ask your friends if they have one they want to get rid of.
I have a lead on one in Houston. Anyone willing to get it for me?

Fbody383
05-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Anyone willing to get it for me? where is it? This ain't no small 'berg, but I think we have most of it covered.

AllZWay
05-04-2015, 08:02 AM
Glenn... I have one already out of a car with a rack still attached. I did use the lower control arm of at least one side, but can remember. FREE

I think you have my 2013 year end trophy and certificate... I'll trade you.

michaelmosty
05-04-2015, 08:17 AM
Glenn... I have one already out of a car with a rack still attached. I did use the lower control arm of at least one side, but can remember. FREE

I actually have your trophy James, not sure about the certificate though.

AllZWay
05-04-2015, 09:04 AM
I actually have your trophy James, not sure about the certificate though.

Okay... Cool.

GlennCMC70
05-04-2015, 09:23 AM

Lets figure out how to get together then James. I may be making a trip to Tyler this weekend. I could meet you somewhere close to Paris.

AllZWay
05-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Lets figure out how to get together then James. I may be making a trip to Tyler this weekend. I could meet you somewhere close to Paris.

I will go out tonight and make sure it looks okay. It is in a pile of junk behind my shop.

Rob Liebbe
05-04-2015, 10:23 AM
It is in a pile of junk behind my shop.

Awful nice of you to offer Glenn the crossmember out of your car. ;)

AllZWay
05-04-2015, 10:37 AM
Awful nice of you to offer Glenn the crossmember out of your car. ;)

No...that is the pile of junk INSIDE the shop. :D

RichardP
06-03-2015, 11:12 PM
OK, our turn. Dan needs a 4th gen LT K-member before Hallett. We were wrapping up the car prep for Hallett when we noticed cracks on the control arm mounts on both sides of the K-member. Both sides have already been welded up previously because of control arm mount cracks. That just transfers the load to the next weakest part. Cleaning up the crack on the passenger side showed the crack has propagated from the control arm mount up to the seam between the halves. The thing is split in half from the rack mount all the way up to where it mounts to the frame. That would be why the steering was shuddering at the last DE...

I don't think this one can be reliably fixed. We really need a fresher one to preemptively weld up and install before the big event at Hallett in 9 days. Anyone have one or have leads on one in the Houston area?

Thanks,
Richard P.

Pranav
06-04-2015, 08:23 AM
OK, our turn. Dan needs a 4th gen LT K-member before Hallett. We were wrapping up the car prep for Hallett when we noticed cracks on the control arm mounts on both sides of the K-member. Both sides have already been welded up previously because of control arm mount cracks. That just transfers the load to the next weakest part. Cleaning up the crack on the passenger side showed the crack has propagated from the control arm mount up to the seam between the halves. The thing is split in half from the rack mount all the way up to where it mounts to the frame. That would be why the steering was shuddering at the last DE...

I don't think this one can be reliably fixed. We really need a fresher one to preemptively weld up and install before the big event at Hallett in 9 days. Anyone have one or have leads on one in the Houston area?

Thanks,
Richard P.

I just texted a dude down in the ghetto by UH. He was parting out his lt1 car in his backyard two summers ago. It's a long shot...

RichardP
06-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Anyone have one or have leads on one in the Houston area?

Ooops, I forgot Craig is doing a DE at Cresson this weekend so he could pick one up in Dallas or anywhere in between on his way there or the way home.

Richard P.

Fbody383
06-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Sean says there is one in the parts car at the OiF garage - would just need one back at some point reasonably soon-ish.

Let me look at calendar and see when I could get it pulled and delievered F-wood or BW@Clay.

RichardP
06-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Sean says there is one in the parts car at the OiF garage - would just need one back at some point reasonably soon-ish.

Let me look at calendar and see when I could get it pulled and delievered F-wood or BW@Clay.

That would be great. We could help out with removal.

Richard P.

Pranav
06-04-2015, 11:49 AM
I'd hope by now, if he still has it, it would be ready for immediate pickup for a quick getaway. His house is mere blocks away from MLK, but I'd hope he moved by now as he totally didn't fit the "profile" for the area (we were joking about this when I came by).

EDIT: Oops I missed Sean's post.

RichardP
06-04-2015, 12:12 PM
Do 6 cylinder K-members work with the LT V8???

Richard P.

Rsmith350
06-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Is the shell still sitting back there at your place Dave? That's an LT1