PDA

View Full Version : Pubelo July 4th!!!

nasa-rm
05-21-2015, 10:20 AM
NASA Rocky Mountain is offering 1/2 off entry fees for the July 4-5 race (or tt / de) at Pueblo Motorsports Park to out of region racers. We want to hit 200 cars for the weekend. Professional fireworks, Friday night drags, Hotdogs and Apple Pie. And the nice "cool" CO July weather.

Here's the discount code. RM_July4-98335

Video of the 2.5 mile track. And yes, the pavement is very smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2pjGV--IU

Supercharged111
05-22-2015, 10:22 AM
No need to let the season die at Hallett. After kicking my ass at Hallett, come face me at my home turf. Did you notice in the video how few walls there are to hit if you go off roading? Plenty of room on T1's entry to blow a clutch and do helicopters in the dirt. Maybe Dave and Will can make this into a crossover event?

Storm Trooper
05-22-2015, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=nasa-rm;72710]NASA Rocky Mountain is offering 1/2 off entry fees for the July 4-5 race (or tt / de) at Pueblo Motorsports Park to out of region racers. We want to hit 200 cars for the weekend. Professional fireworks, Friday night drags, Hotdogs and Apple Pie. And the nice "cool" CO July weather.

Here's the discount code. RM_July4-98335

So what are the track accommodations? Is everybody stay at the track? I was looking at their website I see they have no power hook ups is there power in the paddocks? Are there paddocks? Does everyone stay at the track or hotel what hotel is everyone hanging out? Inquiring minds would like to know LOL

Supercharged111
05-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Pueblo has enough motels to accomodate a race weekend. Being the 4th of July though I'd say sooner is better than later. The paddock has paved roads, but gravel parking. I don't recall any power, but correct me if I'm wrong. I never use it, I just get drunk and crash in my trailer. It's like Hallett where you can only get in/out between races. They have a roach coach that serves food and drinks and stands to chill and watch the front straight. There are bleachers at T7 too where you can catch most of the track.

nasa-rm
05-23-2015, 11:10 AM
They have a roach coach that serves food and drinks .....

LOl. You are being too modest about Smokin Sage our exclusive caterer at Pueblo and PPIR. Randy and crew have some of the best BBQ in Colorado. Award winning sauces at several competitions, awards in best pork and a few others. Specials like the "BigPig" make your mouth water so much it looks like you pissed your pants. The "Mesa Dog" is awesome as well. Order ahead of time if you want ribs, those are special order only.

http://smokinsage.wix.com/smokinsagegrill

nasa-rm
05-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Wingate by Wyndham - OFFICIAL HOTEL
Ask For - "Pueblo Motorsports Park Rate " or "Racer's Rate"

4711 N. Elizabeth St Pueblo, Co 81008

wingateinnpueblo@hotmail.com

719-586-9000

There's hotels in all ranges from $49 a night to $300 a night.

Walmart/Sams Club/Restaurants / Parts stores all within 15 minute of the track. Kind of like TWS - anything you need, right there.

Tire Service via OnSite Tires - they are a Toyo dealer and can take Toyo $$$.

Fuel at track. 91 - 110.

Limited power available in the paddock.

Supercharged111
05-23-2015, 12:00 PM
LOl. You are being too modest about Smokin Sage our exclusive caterer at Pueblo and PPIR.

That's why you're the marketing guru. :D

nasa-rm
05-23-2015, 01:00 PM
If the family (or you) get tired of the track....

http://www.visitcos.com/things-to-do-in-colorado-springs

http://pueblo.org/visit/what-to-do

Storm Trooper
05-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Cool thanks! :cool:

MikeP99Z
06-18-2015, 10:38 PM
Giddy up, sign up. Let's get some participation up there from the TX region.

Supercharged111
06-18-2015, 10:48 PM
All I see right now is Sean, I know some of you are himming and hawing about it. Gary, now's your chance to extract your revenge on my rear quarter (not that anyone will notice a before/after difference)! :D Don't forget that there is a Friday practice session available too. Sign up below.

http://www.pueblomotorsportspark.net/lapping.html

Supercharged111
06-23-2015, 01:12 PM
Someone should tell Sean to bring that smoker. And ribs. And a brisket. There are 4 cars not showing on the list that are planning to attend this event.

http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nasa_forums/showthread.php?t=6881

CMC
8 CMC David Thede Goodland KS Ford Mustang LX 1986 Hanksville Hot Rods
8 CMC Scott Lockhart Goodland KS Ford Mustang LX 1986 Hanksville Hot Rods (Team Incidental Contact. Orange is fast, but red is faster :D )
15 CMC Sean Richardson pearland TX Chevrolet Camaro 1992 PresRich Machinery Services
36 CMC Perry Herrmann Centennial CO Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1997 E Light Electric
43 CMC Raybob Coleman Sheridan CO Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1998 the Camaro Brothers (This should be reason enough to come!)
45 CMC Dustin Mozader Colorado Springs CO Chevrolet Camaro 1993
56 CMC Cole Shaffer Boulder CO Ford Mustang 2004

Unless something happens Brad Densmore, Ken Rockwell, Rich Vogl, and Bill Destefano are planning to show. Ryan Rahjes says he will if nobody buys his car. There are a couple others I haven't pinged yet too. Come see what your car feels like at CMC1 power!

Here's the AI camp.
8 American Iron Michael Patterson McKinney TX Ford Mustang 2014
31 American Iron Joe Duksa Steamboat Springs CO Camaro Z28 2001

I'm not sure why this one's so dismal. I anticipate Robert Aimes will show and I was thinking Joe Bogetich had his 5th gen done, but he didn't show for Hallett. Shawn Graham has been MIA thus far as well.

You save $10 if you sign up for practice online. Who all else is considering running this?

mach1
06-23-2015, 01:14 PM
I wish I could make it, sounds awesome, additionally I love CO.

Rob Liebbe
06-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Here's the AI camp.

Am I missing something?

mach1
06-23-2015, 03:46 PM
Am I missing something?

Guess the wife's car is getting a cage?

Supercharged111
06-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Happened to me the first race of the season. I showed on the entry list with the Z06 in CMC. Now that would have been some easy tire money! :cool:

MikeP99Z
06-23-2015, 06:09 PM
Guess the wife's car is getting a cage?

Nah. I'll have the Camaro. Dave plugged in my registration and both the wife's car and mine are under my name -left over from running it in TT at TWS.

MikeP99Z
06-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Dave updated it today:

Thunder Race Group

8 CMC David Thede Goodland KS Ford Mustang LX 1986 Hanksville Hot Rods
8 CMC Scott Lockhart Goodland KS Ford Mustang LX 1986 Hanksville Hot Rods
15 CMC Sean Richardson pearland TX Chevrolet Camaro 1992 PresRich Machinery Services
31 American Iron Joe Duksa Steamboat Springs CO Camaro Z28 2001
36 CMC Perry Herrmann Centennial CO Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1997 E Light Electric
39 Super Unlimited Roger Miller Colorado Springs CO Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2005 Tracy Miller Gallery\ Crusier Accessories
43 CMC Raybob Coleman Sheridan CO Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1998 the Camaro Brothers
45 CMC Dustin Mozader Colorado Springs CO Chevrolet Camaro 1993
50 CMC Ryan Rahjes Parker CO Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1995 RVR Quality Services
52 American Iron Shawn Graham Steamboat Springs CO Chevrolet Camaro 1998
55 Super Unlimited Bryan Curtis parker CO ford f150 2007 curtis construction
56 CMC Cole Shaffer Boulder CO Ford Mustang 2004
57 CMC Brad Densmore Colorado Springs CO Pontiac Firebird Formula 1995 Empirical Environmental\ Steve Mills Racing
78 Super Unlimited Bailey Edmunds Falcon CO Port City Monte Carlo 2004
78 Super Unlimited Garrett Edmunds Falcon CO Port City Monte Carlo 2004
96 Super Unlimited David Wright Denver CO Chevrolet Camaro 2013 www.arrs.us
99 American Iron Robert Ames Steamboat Springs CO FORD Mustang BOSS 302S 2013 Steamboat Motorsports/EMICH CHEVROLET

smitty328
06-24-2015, 07:44 AM
You love Pueblo, it's a blast!

ShadowBolt
06-24-2015, 10:20 AM
I wish I could make it also. I hope to someday. Pueblo is not exactly my favorite place in Colorado. I'm thinking maybe someday I could hit a race at Pueblo, drop the car and trailer at the track and then drive the RV to Ouray, Telluride for a week then pick up the car on the way back to Texas. Not the best way to get to the part of Colorado we like but better than just driving up for a race weekend. I hope to be going to Ouray in August.

JJ

Supercharged111
06-24-2015, 10:45 AM
You love Pueblo, it's a blast!

Which is exactly why you should come!

I wish I could make it also. I hope to someday. Pueblo is not exactly my favorite place in Colorado. I'm thinking maybe someday I could hit a race at Pueblo, drop the car and trailer at the track and then drive the RV to Ouray, Telluride for a week then pick up the car on the way back to Texas. Not the best way to get to the part of Colorado we like but better than just driving up for a race weekend. I hope to be going to Ouray in August.

JJ

RM's August race is in Hastings. They'll be open for track days, but you're damn near on your own there. Now if you bump that to September RM will be racing at Pueblo again and the weather tends to be pretty nice that time of year.

AI#97
06-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Hastings Nebraska? If so, that could be fun. I want to take the mustang there.

Supercharged111
06-24-2015, 10:54 PM
I hear it's a great facility, but the trouble is that the Central Region has no CMC so the only attendees are those from neighboring regions. I believe they have a few AI cars though, so better for you.

nasa-rm
06-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Ok, so as of today we have.....

Patterson - AI
Martin - CMC
Richardson - CMC

Craig?

nasa-rm
06-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Prelim Schedule

Saturday July 4th

Start ET*

9:20 AM 0:20 Warm Up for Thunder

11:30 AM 0:15 Thunder Qualifying

3:00 PM 0:25 Thunder Race #1 ($$ race)

5:30 PM 0:25 Thunder Race #2

Sunday July 5th

Start ET*

9:50 AM 0:15 Warm Up - AI / CMC / SU / ST / GTS3-4

11:40 AM 0:20 Thunder Race #3

2:40 PM 0:25 Thunder Race #4 ($$ race)

Storm Trooper
07-06-2015, 09:12 PM
[/ATTACH][QUOTE=nasa-rm;72710]NASA Rocky Mountain is offering 1/2 off entry fees for the July 4-5 race (or tt / de) at Pueblo Motorsports Park to out of region racers. We want to hit 200 cars for the weekend. Professional fireworks, Friday night drags, Hotdogs and Apple Pie. And the nice "cool" CO July weather.

Bryan L : We need a trip report from all of you guys.

We (Me, John, and Mike ) had a great weekend! ( well for me it ended Friday morning... lost the motor ) John was fast as always. a few jet changes, new excelerator pump, and a little TLC from the "Martin Racing" team and he was off to a great weekend!
Alamo Mike well what can I say he is FAST!!!!

RM guys are some great guys ( Special Thanks to Brad Densmore he offered his 3gen to me to race for the weekend, I went to check it out but.....too many midnight ribs ;0) ) Those Colorado guys need to eat more Texas BBQ :-p
The Friday night drag racing did not work out and was canceled because the rain shorted out the track wiring and they had no lights on timing. I still think some AI/CMC drag racing would be a blast!

Race 1 ($Race) was some Great racing! Mike took 1st place! And John took 3rd place!
Race 2 more great racing! Mike took 1st place agian!!! CMC ran an invert Brad took off and kept everyone off for the WIN!
Saturday night festivities were a blast. Dave had a great 4th of July Spread. The fire works were Amazing. you could see the entire city from the track, and there were fire works all over, all night!
Race 3 Mike took 2nd place very close Racing!( double yellow most of the race lol ) John took 3rd!
Race 4 ($Race) Mike took 1st John was amazing running 2nd place, then he lost the fuel pump with just 2 laps to go.
Great place, great track! I look forward to going again.
Thanks to Dave and Revkah for a great weekend.

Supercharged111
07-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Thanks for coming! Pueblo was a cold hearted bitch, I don't think a single CMC car (except Ryan's swiss watch of a car) didn't experience some sort of mechanical issue and we dropped like flies in R4. Rich Vogl tried a James Bond maneuver by deploying his exhaust and shooting a trail of sparks. . . on a car that POURS fuel on left handers. He really should have thought that one through better. My throttle cable went full retard and a couple laps later my exhaust BROKE off the car. I guess the coat hanger fix was too little too late. Brad tried burning his to the ground with a broken oil line right after his win. I shit a water pump in warmup and missed qual. Thede went into the tire wall in qual all by himself and bent up his fender. Bill D sprung a couple coolant leaks and had to come in early. I popped a lower hose on Friday's practice. Cole had no brake lights until R1. Sean lost a whole motor. John lost a fuel pump. I know in the AI camp Shawn Graham lost a pinion gear and then I think something else broke later on for him. Other than that, great weekend! :D I think I turned the fastest lap. If me and Ryan could have had more time to duke it out I think it would have gotten interesting. Ryan is strong everywhere, and I'm strong and Pueblo. And then there's poor Perry, his car is cursed everywhere. He's been really fast this year too, in fact he out poled flyin Brian in the first 2 events of the season. Spread the word, and drag more Texicans north next year! To me, the track's flow is like Hallett with the exception that the front straight is pretty long. It has a recent surface and loves last year's cycled out RA1s (I counted last night and I have a mish mash of tires on right now with either 20ish cycles or 30ish cycles). :)

MikeP99Z
07-06-2015, 10:13 PM
I won race 4 on the last lap. A CMC car spun in turn 9 and Robert had to get on the brakes. I passed him between 9 and 10 and only led for turn 10 to the line. My tires were beat in race 4. Sliding all over. He had me covered and just got unlucky.

Supercharged111
07-06-2015, 10:53 PM
There are still hurt feelings over said spinning CMC car, my first thing to deal with as CMC director. I did facepalm when the Pumpkin came in all biffed up in qual too. Mike you should have thrown on some year old 30+ cycle RA1s that sat all winter in the freezing balls trailer and your car would have been solid to the finish. :D

Supercharged111
07-06-2015, 11:52 PM
We (Me, John, and Mike ) had a great weekend! ( well for me it ended Friday morning... lost the motor ) John was fast as always. a few jet changes, new excelerator pump, and a little TLC from the "Martin Racing" team and he was off to a great weekend!
Alamo Mike well what can I say he is FAST!!!!

RM guys are some great guys ( Special Thanks to Brad Densmore he offered his 3gen to me to race for the weekend, I went to check it out but.....too many midnight ribs ;0) ) Those Colorado guys need to eat more Texas BBQ :-p

Forgot to address this. I think we'd eat the fuck out of some TX BBQ is we had some, so don't leave the smoker at home next time! :D After all, CO is known for things other than BBQ as of late. . . http://rs123.pbsrc.com/albums/o309/limabeanlover/Smileys/pipe.gif~c200 Seriously though, I can't plug those midnight ribs enough. You guys made me realize what a rookie I am. And that brisket, holy crap. I'd be running more than 260whp if I lived in TX!

Fbody383
07-07-2015, 12:06 PM
I'd be running more than 260whp if I lived in TX!It's trying to stay at minimum weight that's the problem... I'll have to put the 2016 race on the calendar now so maybe I'll have a chance at getting out there.

Supercharged111
07-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Mike please email me at d_mozader@Hotmail.com. Your PM box is full.

MikeP99Z
07-07-2015, 06:10 PM
PM box cleared. Also sent you an email.

BADVENM
07-07-2015, 09:32 PM
I also would like to thank all of the Texas folks who came up and raced with us. I had a great battle with the #7 CMC Mustang in Race 2 (I think) Saturday. I was in the #8 Fox Mustang.

martinsntx
07-08-2015, 12:07 AM
I also would like to thank all of the Texas folks who came up and raced with us. I had a great battle with the #7 CMC Mustang in Race 2 (I think) Saturday. I was in the #8 Fox Mustang.

Had a blast racing with all you! Great track, great friends, and really close racing. Ryan I think you should at least keep the car for a rematch next year.

Supercharged111
07-08-2015, 08:41 PM
You should post your videos. I'm working mine at the speed of the garbage Gopro software.