PDA

View Full Version : Slotted rotors?

mach1
06-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Any chance we can allow slotted rotors in CMC? It seems that plain rotors are getting harder and harder to find for us 2pc guys and I think slotted could/would be potentially a more cost effective solution. Here are a couple of situations that have hit me recently. I was going to use Hawk bucks to buy rear rotors for my car but the hawk rotors only come slotted so I have to go out of pocket. It looks like DBA makes a ring for my stoptech hats and it's $50 cheaper and perhaps more durable, but it's slotted, etc etc etc.

marshall_mosty
06-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Sitting in the AI chair, looking at the CMC group, I would think that is a no brainer. I don't believe the rings are any more expensive for slotted and I don't think anyone could claim a true performance advantage.

Also, for StopTech's at least, there could be more "spares sharing" between the AI/CMC guys. The rings for a 4th gen and Mustang are the same, so as long as there are a few RH and LH rotors available (with hardware of course), we should be covered.

I always have a new set of rings and hardware in all my pit spares, just incase anyone needs.

ShadowBolt
06-18-2015, 09:03 AM
I wish we could do this. I had hell getting the smooth replacement ring. StopTech said they make very few of these.

JJ

mach1
06-18-2015, 09:14 AM
I wish we could do this. I had hell getting the smooth replacement ring. StopTech said they make very few of these.

JJ

You and me both, perhaps this thread will kickstart a rule change for 2016.

michaelmosty
06-18-2015, 09:20 AM
This sounds like a perfect RCR for 2016, I'll definitely submit it as well.

MikeP99Z
06-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Submit it now, don't wait for later.

Pranav
06-18-2015, 09:58 AM
I may submit it too. Eventually, getting my own 2 piece rotors (from wilwood, baer, or coleman) for my homebrew C4/J55 and wilwood setup, is on the list, and the same issue applies: blank rotors hard to come by...

Al Fernandez
06-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Don't just submit the idea, research the solution. What are the options and prices for stoptechs, for the ford cobra rotors, the ls1s, wilwoods...

ShadowBolt
06-19-2015, 07:12 AM
Don't just submit the idea, research the solution. What are the options and prices for stoptechs, for the ford cobra rotors, the ls1s, wilwoods...
Al,
It's not that we can't get them but it took Stoptech two weeks to get me one. We can keep using the smooth rings but if slotted do not give an advantage (and if they do please explain) then why not let us use slotted for availability? We can't say it is due to cost when we let people use $2500.00 brake systems.

JJ

Al Fernandez
06-20-2015, 07:39 PM
I'm not arguing Jerry, just saying when the ecr gets submitted it works best to submit real facts for all of the platforms impacted.