PDA

View Full Version : Tws tnt

mach1
08-24-2015, 03:54 PM
Sat night at Hallett Will F. came over the AICMC area and we were telling stories, he said something at one point about how he doesn't hear about shit and we need to tell him, this was regarding the TWS R4 restart. Anyway, I think several of us were pretty unhappy with the NASA run TNT at TWS, looks like it's the same story again for the next trip to TWS, $200 (vs $150 almost everywhere else) and 5 sessions, I think 2 of our sessions were trashed so it worked out pretty bad for us last time. I just "ate" it because it was the "last" TWS event, now that it appears TWS will be open indefinitely perhaps we need to bring up the dis-satisfaction of the TNT and try to push for more sessions and/or lower cost. I like the shorter and more frequent sessions, top and bottom of the hour kind of schedule.

ShadowBolt
08-24-2015, 06:23 PM
In the past we have had no sessions just open track all morning then a lunch break then open all afternoon. I have gone out with only three cars on the track. Unless we get too many cars why not just go back to the open track. This is for racers only no HPDE. This has only been done at TWS but it worked out for years before it was changed. TWS is a huge track and can handle a ton of cars.

JJ

mach1
08-24-2015, 09:00 PM
In the past we have had no sessions just open track all morning then a lunch break then open all afternoon. I have gone out with only three cars on the track. Unless we get too many cars why not just go back to the open track. This is for racers only no HPDE. This has only been done at TWS but it worked out for years before it was changed. TWS is a huge track and can handle a ton of cars.

JJ
Even better!

Wade
08-25-2015, 10:52 AM
I agree. Somehow by letting everyone out on the track running at the same time, there ends up being less cars on track at any one point. People can go out, make a few laps, make a change, do a few more. If you break, and miss your session be two minutes, then you don't lose 1/4 of your available track time. No need for grid cones, etc. Much smoother and easier on everyone.

mach1
09-08-2015, 04:00 PM
I sent an e-mail to Will F. a few days ago, no reply yet.

Pranav
09-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Any update/change? Sigining up for TWS today and saw it's still hte same format as last time:

Friday Test & Tune
2 Groups split approximately by over/under 2:00 lap times. *Subject to change based on entry numbers.
$199 full-day/$159 Half-day
Half-day option only good for afternoon. 110 minutes of track time for full-day (5 sessions). 65 minutes for half-day(3 sessions).

ShadowBolt
09-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Any update/change? Sigining up for TWS today and saw it's still hte same format as last time:

Friday Test & Tune
2 Groups split approximately by over/under 2:00 lap times. *Subject to change based on entry numbers.
$199 full-day/$159 Half-day
Half-day option only good for afternoon. 110 minutes of track time for full-day (5 sessions). 65 minutes for half-day(3 sessions).

I don't understand why they will not go back to the open track. We did it several times and you can go out and try something for three laps, come in make a change then do another three laps. Several times I was on track with no more than five to seven cars. I don't know if this works anywhere else but at TWS it worked several times in the past and I do not know of any issues.

Jerry

Pranav
09-28-2015, 03:44 PM
I'm with you on that. This format is terrible.

mach1
09-28-2015, 04:01 PM
No reply from Will on this, no post from Will on the official nasa forums.

http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=131036

BryanL
10-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Here is your schedule-just noticed only two sessions in the morning. Still don't understand why they don't go with the all open track-it affords people more track time if they want it, allows for more changes, allows for changes to be made that take longer since sometimes you may miss your next session. But the biggest is I think it really thins out the amount of cars on track to allow plenty of room and clean laps. With 3 different groups it just bunches everyone up at the start of every session. And could someone please explain why you need a group for HPDE? Once that started happening and the practice day was cut in a third is when I don't care to do the practice day. But it's a business and maybe they get more DE cars even with racers dropping out.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/content/upload/5117/Friday_Oct_Schedule.pdf

Trublu
10-09-2015, 02:22 PM
Here is your schedule-just noticed only two sessions in the morning. Still don't understand why they don't go with the all open track-it affords people more track time if they want it, allows for more changes, allows for changes to be made that take longer since sometimes you may miss your next session. But the biggest is I think it really thins out the amount of cars on track to allow plenty of room and clean laps. With 3 different groups it just bunches everyone up at the start of every session. And could someone please explain why you need a group for HPDE? Once that started happening and the practice day was cut in a third is when I don't care to do the practice day. But it's a business and maybe they get more DE cars even with racers dropping out.

https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/content/upload/5117/Friday_Oct_Schedule.pdf

I agree fully. The race car/road car alternate each 1/2 hr seems to work everywhere else. Running structured session like the TWS schedule doesn't do much to promote testing or tuning.

mach1
10-09-2015, 04:29 PM
The consistent poor communication with "leadership" is bullshit and I'm not sure what to do about it, I'm afraid getting more vocal will just cause me more problems.

Pranav
10-10-2015, 10:26 AM
I have bitten the bullet and signed up. Not happy with $200 but I desperately need the seat time.

Thinking further I'm wondering if throwing the passenger seat in the car and running DE instead of TnT would be beneficial to elp find those precious few seconds.

Last OTD I was just breaking 2:00 down 30+ hp and with bad setup. Goal is mid/high 1:5x for this event.

Fbody383
10-10-2015, 08:20 PM
Thinking further I'm wondering if throwing the passenger seat in the car and running DE instead of TnT would be beneficial to elp find those precious few seconds. Why not? See if some of the fast guys will ride with you...